• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2014 2:27 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4243 posts
607 upvotes
Britex wrote:
Jun 26th, 2012 5:21 pm
Why would DealFind sue them? The restaurant doesn't get paid until they present the voucher# to DealFind. That's why it's DealFind who are the SCAMMERS in this case.
Not true.
That depends on the agreement they had with the business. Usually it is 33% when the deal closes, 33% a month later and 34% 60 days later.

Living social on the other hand does 100% 15 days after the deal closes.

There is also a credit card fee which is 2.5-5 % and DealFind will either pass it all to the business or half of it.

The assumption is that about 30% of the people don't redeem their coupon so it's actually free money to the business. That is what they are telling people anyway.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2003
5302 posts
954 upvotes
Toronto
squall458 wrote:
Jun 27th, 2012 10:04 pm
Totally agree. I posted already in the other dealfind thread. Basically something major happened at this company. They changed literally over night. One day they have phone support, the next its removed and all complaints etc. are handled through email. This is a big warning sign; no phone support. I too had issues with my vendor, wouldnt take more than 2 vouchers A WEEK, that's right a week. Hundreds of vouchers sold at 2 per week...yea big problem. Dealfind eventually give me a CREDIT to my account only when I mentioned that I had posted several negative reviews on the internet. Buyer beware when it comes to dealfind.
yes, big warning sign, I agree. Also I noticed that they remove the Q&A for their recent deal. so you are no longer able to ask question in regards to the deal. I'm planning to use up all my remaining dealfind voucher as quickly as possible. In fact, I used one last night, so I only have one more to use.
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
4243 posts
607 upvotes
ricedion wrote:
Jun 28th, 2012 10:10 am
yes, big warning sign, I agree. Also I noticed that they remove the Q&A for their recent deal. so you are no longer able to ask question in regards to the deal. I'm planning to use up all my remaining dealfind voucher as quickly as possible. In fact, I used one last night, so I only have one more to use.
DealFind made a big mistake with their QA concept. They wanted to have Q&A inside but they didn't want to jeopardise the deal by having people say bad things. When someone left a bad comment, the businesses would nail DealFind because it hurts them. The end result was what you see today, they have full control over everything and just delete everything they don't like.

Groupon chose a different concept which seem to work much better. They let the business see the question and decide if they want to answer that question or delete it. This way there is no option that public see a comment and a minute later it's gone. And of course the businesses are happy because they have the choice to answer or not.

That is one reason why i as a business chose not to use DealFind anymore. Not mentioning the fact that the whole deal concept is a bad idea for businesses. It's kinda like you have a $100 bill in your hand but if you want to use it, we will only give you $25 for it. Don't think a business is going to grow using that concept.
Sr. Member
User avatar
Jul 12, 2007
529 posts
129 upvotes
Ottawa / Gatineau
That's weird, because I've got complete different respond with my situation.

Bought two vouchers for my wife last summer (±39$ value ±190$)
When she tried to schedule an appointment last Spring, the business doesn't exist anymore.

I sent an email to dealfind, asking politely what was my option with this situation.
They reply to me really fast and after a few emails back & forward they simply give me dealfind money for the value of the voucher +10% (total:86 in dealfind $)

Can't complaint about them for now
Newbie
User avatar
Feb 20, 2012
78 posts
8 upvotes
OTTAWA
JugaJatt wrote:
Jun 26th, 2012 9:32 pm
Best thing to do in this case would be to call your credit card company.
Unfortunately, there is a time limit for chargeback, usually a few months (three maybe?). I'm having a similar issue with a deal and although the bank is being understanding, it's been too long (since last October) to do a chargeback.
Correr Es Mi Destino - Life in Canada as an immigrant, immigration tips and photography
Newbie
Jun 26, 2012
1 posts
VICTORIA
I purchased a massage through Dealfind in Dec. 2011. The company that offered the deal could not handle all the business. They are booking for 2013 so they told people to contact Dealfind to get a refund, which I did. Dealfind responded in 2 days and said they were looking into it and offered Dealfind dollars that I did not want. Over the last month I have sent them several e-mails asking what was happening and did not receive replies. Yesterday I did receive an e-mail saying that my money was being refunded. I was pleased and surprised.
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Apr 10, 2003
5302 posts
954 upvotes
Toronto
Xiaozhuli wrote:
Jun 28th, 2012 1:29 pm
Unfortunately, there is a time limit for chargeback, usually a few months (three maybe?). I'm having a similar issue with a deal and although the bank is being understanding, it's been too long (since last October) to do a chargeback.
Also, my credit card company told me that they can't do a chargeback if you do not satisfy the service. I do not mean I asked for a chargeback after I used the voucher. I got a package of 3 vouchers, but I only used one, and felt that I did not get what it was advertised. But they told me that they will only do a chargeback if you do not receive the merchandise you ordered, etc. Is it true?
Member
Jan 6, 2012
220 posts
63 upvotes
Britex wrote:
Jun 26th, 2012 12:31 am
BEWARE - Dealfind will not honor their own policy. I bought a voucher back in October which says it has no expiration. When I finally got around to using the voucher, the business went under. I sent an e-mail to Dealfind informing them of the situation and asked for a refund, as per their guarantee stated in their FAQ. Dealfind sent me an automated message saying they will respond in 2 to 4 business days. It's been 2 weeks and 3 additional e-mails from me and they are simply ignoring my request. Even worst is I still have 4 more vouchers I haven't had time to use.

I'll be filing a complain with the BBB and will also contact my credit card company. Of course I'll be posting warnings about their business practice on more sites.

Any other suggestions?
---really sorry this happened to you. i regularly deal with Dealfind, as i love their deals...so far i have been 100% successful in getting refunds, but i dont know if its because i buy so much off of them...really not sure. try and be persistant and polite..you may have to take a credit note (i haven't had to so far) but that is still a refund and you will get a chance to buy something else with it. good luck.
Newbie
Jul 30, 2012
1 posts
RICHMOND HILL
wow, the same thing happened to me. I bought earrings through Dealfind from this company called Jewelry County. I finally found Dealfind's phone number off of Yellow Pages and randomly chose a first name through their directory. They still have not called me back. I called Jewelry County and their phone service is "temporarily unavailable". . . How do I even get a refund now??
Newbie
Aug 7, 2012
2 posts
1 upvote
COQUITLAM
Margaret, do a chargeback. It's the only way you'll get your money back.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 26, 2005
1965 posts
39 upvotes
Brampton
I used to think Dealfind was one of the better ones until this weekend:

Bought a voucher for a two day stay at the High Falls Chalet in Bracebridge. The description made it seem like a nice, relaxing place to get away for a couple of days. The place is a dump. Rooms are mouldy, A/C blows warm humid air, no hot water in the showers, beach is actually a black muck which absolutely stinks, and the kicker is this place is a clothing optional facility which is not divulged in the Dealfind ad or voucher.

Two days after returning I asked Dealfind what could be done and this is what I got back:

"As stated in our refund policy (http://www.dealfind.com/refund-policy.php), we offer a full refund for unused vouchers within 30 days of purchase.
Because your voucher has been used, we are unable to issue you a refund at this time".

I realize that I might not be entitled to the full amount back but what do you guys think? I'm thinking of even calling the credit card company as Dealfind sold a misleading deal
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 15, 2003
2913 posts
329 upvotes
Ottawa
Purchasing "vacation packages" from a group deals site seems like almost as bad an idea as trying to buy "therapeutic" items from such a site.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 26, 2005
1965 posts
39 upvotes
Brampton
Jorpho wrote:
Aug 30th, 2012 11:15 am
Purchasing "vacation packages" from a group deals site seems like almost as bad an idea as trying to buy "therapeutic" items from such a site.
Totally agree. Dealfind should have stated that this is a nudist resort though in the ad. Nothing worse than getting smacked by an errant **** while sunbathing
Deal Addict
User avatar
Aug 15, 2003
2913 posts
329 upvotes
Ottawa
I should clarify: I've seen at least one story about a so-called vacation deal which ended up consisting at least in part of a very long mandatory timeshare pitch, with the other amenities not being nearly as well described.

What I haven't heard about yet is someone who has attempted a chargeback and run into problems with it. There seems to be much jabbering about chargebacks when it comes to deal rip-offs. I might be inclined to complain to the resort first in this case, but if it's as bad as you say I doubt they'll be very helpful. (Did you actually stay the full two days?)
Deal Addict
User avatar
Mar 26, 2005
1965 posts
39 upvotes
Brampton
Nobody to complain to at the resort...there was nobody around and you just drop a key in the box when you're leaving. I've never done a chargeback before and didn't really know the procedure.
On the plus side..we made the best of our vacation by exploring the region around the Muskokas there. Woke up at 6 in the morning and got the hell out of dodge. I guess it pays to read the reviews on trip advisor..lesson learned

Jorpho wrote:
Aug 30th, 2012 4:04 pm
I should clarify: I've seen at least one story about a so-called vacation deal which ended up consisting at least in part of a very long mandatory timeshare pitch, with the other amenities not being nearly as well described.

What I haven't heard about yet is someone who has attempted a chargeback and run into problems with it. There seems to be much jabbering about chargebacks when it comes to deal rip-offs. I might be inclined to complain to the resort first in this case, but if it's as bad as you say I doubt they'll be very helpful. (Did you actually stay the full two days?)

Top