• Last Updated:
  • Sep 19th, 2014 2:27 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Oct 29, 2010
3812 posts
477 upvotes
Think about it from their point of view. They are trying to sell cheap because normal people aren't buying.
Dealfind could fight it off and refund you but the way they are seeing it, you got what you paid for, if you get the deal plus the money back, they are in the red big time.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1225 posts
353 upvotes
Ontario
I had my first experience with dealfind where I decided to cancel in the 30 day timeframe and got my money back no problem.
The second experience seemed more dicey. I'm not using them again.
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
1960 posts
39 upvotes
Brampton
The fact is they didn't disclose it was a clothing optional resort. The other things like mouldy rooms, nasty beach and basically everything in disrepair is not really DealFind's fault..although they could try to do something to keep a long time customer. As it stands I would never use them again and would recommend the same for others
Oct 23, 2011
8 posts
NORTH YORK
Hello,

Thank you for your post. If you have any questions about a deal you purchased it is best to visit our http://www.dealfind.com/faq.php, and submit a Customer Service Request Form. With your information documented we can investigate and look into any questions you have. If you have contacted Dealfind support via email, please provide the email reference number and we can provide an additional update. Thank you for your help in advance.

Angelina
CSM
Dealfind
Deal Addict
Mar 26, 2005
1960 posts
39 upvotes
Brampton
CSDealfind wrote:
Sep 4th, 2012 11:47 am
Hello,

Thank you for your post. If you have any questions about a deal you purchased it is best to visit our http://www.dealfind.com/faq.php, and submit a Customer Service Request Form. With your information documented we can investigate and look into any questions you have. If you have contacted Dealfind support via email, please provide the email reference number and we can provide an additional update. Thank you for your help in advance.

Angelina
CSM
Dealfind
Tried that twice and got nowhere. That seems like the standard response to any question/comment raised to Dealfind
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
6907 posts
338 upvotes
"Thank you for your support. Please refer to our faq page under the paragraph, "you've lost your money now what."" The group things are ****.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2007
2259 posts
61 upvotes
flafson wrote:
Jun 27th, 2012 10:51 pm

The assumption is that about 30% of the people don't redeem their coupon so it's actually free money to the business. That is what they are telling people anyway.
I will tell my husband this. He currently is wondering why his theatre had a Wag Jag deal last year. He has become the boss and has been going through all the finances. This is stag threatre. They put on some shows themselves and some are brought in. They are bringing more in to save money because not as many people were coming to the shows when the economy went bad. More are coming back and the person in charge of trying ways to bring more money in, did this Wag Jag deal last fall. She wasn't forthcoming with numbers. Now that my husband has seen the numbers, he couldn't believe she thought this would be a good idea.

He went through the numbers. I can't remember how many shows it was for but the deal was a person would only pay $100 foe a certain amount of shows. This is a great deal for the costumer. For theatre not so great. They'd only get $35 and that doesnt include the credit card fee if it's used. So he's not doing anymore of these deals. And he can't understand why any business would unless they could afford the loss in hopes for more paying customers because of it. This Theatre can't agonies that hope.
Aug 24, 2011
252 posts
123 upvotes
Toronto
Crossposted in other forum about how scammy dealfind is:

I bought a spa voucher from dealfind and have had an impossible time redeeming it. The spa told me appointments take 2 months to book (because they sold too many vouchers) plus they never called me back like they promised. Because of the delay in redeeming the voucher, dealfind told me they can't refund it as it's been past 30 days.

Finally, I contacted the spa company again and they told me they've stopped taking dealfind appointments and to contact dealfind for a refund. 2 days have gone by with no reply from them.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2004
9270 posts
657 upvotes
Brampton
DaveCCC wrote:
Oct 12th, 2012 11:16 am
Crossposted in other forum about how scammy dealfind is:

I bought a spa voucher from dealfind and have had an impossible time redeeming it. The spa told me appointments take 2 months to book (because they sold too many vouchers) plus they never called me back like they promised. Because of the delay in redeeming the voucher, dealfind told me they can't refund it as it's been past 30 days.

Finally, I contacted the spa company again and they told me they've stopped taking dealfind appointments and to contact dealfind for a refund. 2 days have gone by with no reply from them.
Dealfind is the worst in providing after purchase service. They seem to make voucher deals with the most shadiest places now and oversell too. I will never shop at Dealfind again. Same thing happened to me DaveCCC. Keep emailing and dont let up, you will get your refund.
HEATWARE AT 64-0-0.
Ebay Feedback 199 and counting.
RFD Feedback 41-0-0 and counting.
Oct 25, 2012
1 posts
YORK
Dealfind.com sells services that you cannot get.

So, they charge your credit card and after you find that you were simply defrauded they “kindly” offer you credit, not refund. So, they will get your money anyway and you are forced to gamble with them again.

I am a victim myself and filed complaints to Better Business Bureau, Ministry of Consumer Services and Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre.

I've found that almost 300 other people filed complaints against Dealfind scams to Better Business Bureau. And I think it would be safe to assume that the real number of defrauded customers is much higher as most people do not have time for complaints. That is what Dealfind is counting on. Getting $40-$100 from unsuspecting customers they are making millions.

See different posts about Dealfind scams:

http://www.tripadvisor.ca/ShowUserRevie ... tario.html

http://www.complaintsboard.com/byurl/dealfind.com.html

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/dealfind-fraud-1244601/

http://www.sitejabber.com/reviews/www.dealfind.com

http://www.reviewstalk.com/complaints-r ... l2520.html

[url]http://forum.*****.ca/272674-dealfind-scam-canada/[/url]

http://forum.kijiji.ca/about6818032.html

This is despite Dealfind president and founder Gary Lipovetsky publically promised that "clients would be fully refunded if there are problems with a deal".

See Toronto Sun article:

http://www.torontosun.com/money/2011/03 ... 70166.html "

Dealfind Management Team

Gary Lipovetsky, President / Dealfind Co-Founder

Michael Tulman, Chief Executive Officer / Dealfind Co-Founder

Jason Redman, Chief Financial Officer

Greg Root, Executive Vice President of Sales

Marina Glogovac, Chief Marketing Officer

Paul Williams, Vice President of Sales

Zainab - Customer Satisfaction Expert

Dealfind Address:

250 Ferrand Dr., North York, ON M3C 3G8

Phone: 1-888-320-6368
Jun 21, 2012
1 posts
LUNENBURG
I have bought several of these Spa deals. They are great. The sell them during slow periods to bring in business.
I did ,however, order a camera from dealfind that I never received . When I e-mailed them on it, I did not receive a response.
So I guess it is buyer beware.
Nov 25, 2012
1 posts
1 upvote
CALGARY
As a manager for a business that made the mistake of using the Dealfind service, I will say that we will NEVER ever do it again.
Things did not work out as planned and we are suffering greatly because of it. When we originally set up the 'deal', we had set a limit to the number of deals that could be purchased.
Well, due to an error, 150 turned into 1500, and we have been fighting for months with clients and dealfind to get this dealt with. Somehow, people were able to purchase more than the one per person limit that we set, and we had to start turning them away, referring them to dealfind to get their money back. We have lost so much in time and money, and there's so much stress on our employees because of it. It was not the experience we were hoping for and will never recommend it for a business.
Feb 12, 2007
1 posts
I purchased a gift for my wife at the beginning of June, which was supposed to be delivered by July 28th. It never came. I contacted dealfind and they said they would get in touch with the company and get back to me, which they did a week later saying they haden't heard back. I tried looking up the manufacturer myself but it isn't posted anywhere. Finally, on August 10th, I asked for a refund. I didn't hear anything until September 5th, which said:

Dear Valued Customer,

Please be advised that as of Friday, August 29, 2014, Couch Commerce Inc., the parent company of TeamBuy.ca/Dealfind.com, has entered into a legal & financial restructuring process. Pursuant to the rules and regulations governing the restructuring process, we cannot honor TeamBucks issued on or before August 29, 2014 and issue any refunds related to purchases on or before August 29, 2014.

Please note the purpose of the restructuring is to provide the Companies with a more stable environment to continue operations and develop a plan that will allow us to continue in business.

We appreciate your prior support and looking forward to continued support through this important process.

So in essence, they purposely wasted time until they could "not refund".
Deal Addict
Feb 11, 2005
3260 posts
1928 upvotes
North Vancouver
Do a chargeback with your credit card. You're never going to get anywhere with Dealfind/Teambuy, and you're still within the time limit.
× < >