• Feb 29th, 2012 10:48 pm
Tags:
None
13 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1807 posts
877 upvotes
The website looks a lot more legit than Gladius, but I'm skeptical due to my experience that last time around.... on the upside, DealFind is bigger than DealTicker so one would assume (hope?) that refunds would be easier if this turned into another scam.
Apr 7, 2011
128 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
I feel like I'm a bit of an authority on the Gladius deal, and this one looks just as sketchy. Its located almost EXACTLY where the other "club" purported to exist (near Vineland, 20 mins away from this location). Also, check it out... site has existed since 2007 but was only updated a month ago (probably when this deal was sold to the companies):

http://new.whois.net/whois/silverdalegunclub.com

IMHO its the same deal as Gladius. I'll even go so far as to say its the same person behind it.

So... AVOID THIS DEAL AT ALL COSTS. You have been warned!
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2005
1108 posts
175 upvotes
Too far for me, but what happened with Gladius anyways?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1807 posts
877 upvotes
00cp wrote:
Nov 15th, 2011 10:17 am
I feel like I'm a bit of an authority on the Gladius deal, and this one looks just as sketchy. Its located almost EXACTLY where the other "club" purported to exist (near Vineland, 20 mins away from this location). Also, check it out... site has existed since 2007 but was only updated a month ago (probably when this deal was sold to the companies):

http://new.whois.net/whois/silverdalegunclub.com

IMHO its the same deal as Gladius. I'll even go so far as to say its the same person behind it.

So... AVOID THIS DEAL AT ALL COSTS. You have been warned!

But remember in the case of Gladius it was a guy and not a range. The deal fell through when he said:
"The agreement we had with the previous range was terminated suddenly and as a result we are working to construct our new range as quickly as possible."

Since this range is located in the general vicinity of the last deal, could this be the range that terminated the contract with Gladius?
Apr 7, 2011
128 posts
16 upvotes
Toronto
If you want to take a shot at it be my guest. But based on my prior experience and the minimal research I've done on Silverdale I wouldn't trust it.

As always, Caveat Emptor
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106489 upvotes
Richmond Hill
00cp wrote:
Nov 15th, 2011 12:28 pm
But based on my prior experience and the minimal research I've done on Silverdale I wouldn't trust it.

Good advice.

Dealfind's deals just seem to be getting sketchier and sketchier. Not a good sign, better use whatever vouchers I have left.
Nov 23, 2010
105 posts
15 upvotes
ronin1701 wrote:
Nov 15th, 2011 4:25 pm
Good advice.

Dealfind's deals just seem to be getting sketchier and sketchier. Not a good sign, better use whatever vouchers I have left.

It's safe to say that a company that raised $31M six months ago is not going anywhere. They also probably have a generous refund policy, so your fear-mongering is unwarranted.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jul 30, 2005
12922 posts
106489 upvotes
Richmond Hill
gr1mey wrote:
Nov 15th, 2011 5:25 pm
It's safe to say that a company that raised $31M six months ago is not going anywhere. They also probably have a generous refund policy, so your fear-mongering is unwarranted.
Yeah, they're using the $31m to pay for the refunds.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2004
1807 posts
877 upvotes
I'm sufficiently satisfied that if this is a scam I'll get a refund (DealFind is no DealTicker). I bought one. Hopefully this doesn't turn into another Gladius ordeal.
Sep 13, 2005
110 posts
17 upvotes
Scarborough
I Can't speak for dealfind, but Silverdale gunclub is LEGIT!!! and is waaay cooler than anything near GTA... Mostly because of the Skeet shooting range they have... that was definitely the best part of our visit.

I setup an event at the gun range for like 10-12 people for a bachelor party and they were very flexible with the packages. We were able to customize our gun packages for the price we paid per person... essentially 2 rifles, 3 hand guns, and tried maybe 3-4 different shotguns. The owner is a pretty cool guy and even lent me his shot gun to use. Shooting moving objects beat shooting a static target anyday. The ammo was very generous, as most of us were tired close to the end of the ammo supply. The staff were very friendly and there was enough to supervise a large group.

While this deal might not get you the same number of guns and ammo (didnt look at it even), don't question if Silverdale is real because those guys were extremely courteous and welcoming of their guests. The range it self is a huge outdoor facility.

The one I went to in north of GTA... Target sports, was waay too busy and can only accommodate few people at a time. AND I found one guy there was a bit rude (i mean come on... you gotta turn away people in a more respectable manner than yelling "WE'RE FULL").

Anyway, I promised my GF I'd take her after she saw all the pic's I took at silverdale, so I will be going there again. So I may just pick this up if the timing work out.

If you want confirmation that this place is not run by a man in his dirt farm, you just got it.
Feb 28, 2012
1 posts
WELLAND
For all you out there wondering if this is a legal club, put your worries to rest. Silverdale is an approved outdoor club certified by the Chief of Firearms in Ontario. You can call the CFO up at 705-329-5522 to verify this yourself. Don't believe everything you read on this forum. Most people commenting don't have a clue as to what they are talking about. As soon as someone thinks it is "sketchy" others just run with it. To be an approved club is not an easy feat. You can't be a dirt farmer with a some land and call yourself a shooting range. If you bought the deal go out there and see what the shooting hobby is all about. It is a great way to go out and fire some bullets and have a good time.
Feb 21, 2008
9 posts
2 upvotes
North York
Nice!No license required. Gonna try it,thanks OP.
Nov 15, 2004
243 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
SSP wrote:
Nov 18th, 2011 3:27 pm
I Can't speak for dealfind, but Silverdale gunclub is LEGIT!!! and is waaay cooler than anything near GTA... Mostly because of the Skeet shooting range they have... that was definitely the best part of our visit.

I setup an event at the gun range for like 10-12 people for a bachelor party and they were very flexible with the packages. We were able to customize our gun packages for the price we paid per person... essentially 2 rifles, 3 hand guns, and tried maybe 3-4 different shotguns. The owner is a pretty cool guy and even lent me his shot gun to use. Shooting moving objects beat shooting a static target anyday. The ammo was very generous, as most of us were tired close to the end of the ammo supply. The staff were very friendly and there was enough to supervise a large group.

While this deal might not get you the same number of guns and ammo (didnt look at it even), don't question if Silverdale is real because those guys were extremely courteous and welcoming of their guests. The range it self is a huge outdoor facility.

The one I went to in north of GTA... Target sports, was waay too busy and can only accommodate few people at a time. AND I found one guy there was a bit rude (i mean come on... you gotta turn away people in a more respectable manner than yelling "WE'RE FULL").

Anyway, I promised my GF I'd take her after she saw all the pic's I took at silverdale, so I will be going there again. So I may just pick this up if the timing work out.

If you want confirmation that this place is not run by a man in his dirt farm, you just got it.

I had the same experience! It was great and I shot much much more than the number of rounds it specifies on the voucher. I would probably go back without a voucher and try some higher caliber rounds.