Group Deal Discussion

DealGetter.com SCAMS the consumer

• Last Updated:
  • May 3rd, 2013 12:12 pm
Jan 26, 2012
12 posts
25 upvotes

DealGetter.com SCAMS the consumer

We had purchased a coupon from DealGetters.com for a night stay and admission into Great Wolf Lodge. We were contacted by Paramount Travel, the booking company, to pay for taxes, etc. However, when we called to confirm our reservations for this weekend, they said the company had cancelled our reservations and closed down. We did not receive our original costs back, did not receive our paid taxes back, NOR did we hear back from DealGetters!!! WHAT A SCAM.

We had purchased this for my son's 4th birthday present, and now he is extremely disappointed.

From my research, it looks like this wasn't the first time DealGetter coupons fall through with outside companies.
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
May 12, 2004
8212 posts
2351 upvotes
Ottawa
prismaustin wrote:
Jan 27th, 2012 2:28 pm
We had purchased a coupon from DealGetters.com for a night stay and admission into Great Wolf Lodge. We were contacted by Paramount Travel, the booking company, to pay for taxes, etc. However, when we called to confirm our reservations for this weekend, they said the company had cancelled our reservations and closed down. We did not receive our original costs back, did not receive our paid taxes back, NOR did we hear back from DealGetters!!! WHAT A SCAM.

We had purchased this for my son's 4th birthday present, and now he is extremely disappointed.

From my research, it looks like this wasn't the first time DealGetter coupons fall through with outside companies.

We all know that. A little due diligence goes a long way and avoids having to google "dealgetter+scam", sign up to a site, preach to the choir and never come back.
Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it.
- Mark Twain
[OP]
Jan 26, 2012
12 posts
25 upvotes
Heard that PeachyBuy costumers are experiencing the same thing. At least PeachyBuy is contacting everyone that purchased this voucher. Why won't DealGetter return our calls/emails? They didn't even have the decency to let us know the deal fell through. WHAT A SCAM!
[OP]
Jan 26, 2012
12 posts
25 upvotes
Contact Vijay:
vijay@dealgetters.com

Try these phone numbers:
416-628-8282
416 907 6019

You can also write to DealGetters:
1920 Yonge S 218, Toronto, ON M4S 3E2
May 5, 2007
467 posts
39 upvotes
North York
Apparently some guy named "Jospeh" picks up and tell me not to worry my product which is 3 months late will arrive in 2 weeks.

Something with elections in China etc... and that caused a delay

Anyways the guy sounded like he was talking out of a closet...I'm never buying from Dealgetters again.

Jan 4 2013
Feb 11, 2013
1 posts
I've spoken to Joseph and had emails from him and from Babu. An item I ordered in October arrived with parts missing making it totally useless. I was asked to send an "image" and that they would do the "needful". Image was sent. Needful was not done. I was recently told that they don't know why it's taking so long. It's almost March!! They have given me $25 credit in my Dealgetter account. This is totally useless since I have no use for any of their products and wouldn't waste my energy dealing with them. I would like to know who manages Dealgetter.
I have dealt with many of the other coupon sites, all with great service.
Apr 3, 2013
1 posts
prismaustin wrote:
Jan 27th, 2012 2:28 pm

This happened to me as well...November 2012 I believe. I contacted Great Wolf Lodge...they got me a deal...not as cheap but it was all I could get last minute. Plus I contacted Dealgetters and got a refund...not including the taxes etc. I would try both these if you haven't already.
Feb 7, 2012
534 posts
113 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Can you call your credit card company and ask for a chargeback?
× < >