• Sep 15th, 2015 4:31 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2895 posts
1463 upvotes
Calgary
yup verbal promises are worth shieeeet so always get them written & signed by the sales mgr (atleast) on the bill of sale. the previous poster is right - useless contacting BBB. contact & file a grievance with whichever provincial motor dealer governing body (AMVIC in AB). short of a news network doing an investigative report on your case, they are the only ones with the authority to mediate btwn the consumer & dealers.
[OP]
Oct 11, 2012
284 posts
210 upvotes
Winnipeg
Thanks everyone, I emailed the sales rep giving them time to resolve my problem or I would go to court. Got a call in the next hour from the GM telling me to come on saturday and he will give me what was promised.

Hopefully they acutally do it this time.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2014
4889 posts
1641 upvotes
Canuckland
OMVIC gives false promises DONT GO THROUGH IT.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2011
3305 posts
2693 upvotes
The NORTH
Swswswish wrote:
Sep 14th, 2015 9:10 pm
Always get dealership promises in writing on the sales receipt
scotsum wrote:
Sep 14th, 2015 9:41 pm
yup verbal promises are worth shieeeet so always get them written & signed by the sales mgr (atleast) on the bill of sale. the previous poster is right - useless contacting BBB. contact & file a grievance with whichever provincial motor dealer governing body (AMVIC in AB). short of a news network doing an investigative report on your case, they are the only ones with the authority to mediate btwn the consumer & dealers.
Did you two bother to read the OP? These were not verbal promises, they were written on the sales contract.
Mar 17, 2006
488 posts
220 upvotes
I hope you get resolution OP. However, an e-mail or a phone call just won't cut it. The best thing to do in this case is to send a registered letter (with signature required) to the most higher up person at the dealership documenting all the phone calls and discussions you've had with their staff, pointing out their breach of contract, and threatening legal action if the situation is not resolved within an x period of time. It's called a "Mise en Demeure" in French, "formal notice"? in English.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2012
2895 posts
1463 upvotes
Calgary
kr0zet wrote:
Sep 15th, 2015 8:28 am
Did you two bother to read the OP? These were not verbal promises, they were written on the sales contract.
dude u gotta chillout. was just agreeing in general with the previous poster regarding any agreements or promises have to be in black & white & signed by the appropriate licensed authority (generally mgmt). incase u bothered to read the rest of my post, here's what transpired verbatim...

"..useless contacting BBB. contact & file a grievance with whichever provincial motor dealer governing body (AMVIC in AB). short of a news network doing an investigative report on your case, they are the only ones with the authority to mediate btwn the consumer & dealers"

as a rule (im sure there's exceptions), a grievance filed to the motor dealer governing body will likely settle most issues esp written & signed. ofcos the courts is another alternative but why not use the simplest & easiest tools first.
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2006
9633 posts
2280 upvotes
if you know a lawyer, ask them to do a demand letter first, they usually do the trick. its basically a letter that says "do this by this date or you will be served" on official lawfirm letterhead.

very common legal practice, doesn't cost anything if you know a lawyer.