• Apr 16th, 2017 9:11 pm
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
10294 posts
1323 upvotes
City of Vancouver
WebDesign wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 9:27 am
What's with these people wearing shirts saying "Harvard" ?

If it is the university it would say Harvard University.

Pathetic.
The Harvard Shop history: "It has been 14 years since The Harvard Shop joined the family of businesses that make up Harvard Student Agencies, the largest student run company in the world. Since then, it has grown to become the largest among them and has established itself as the go-to destination for Harvard apparel and souvenirs both on campus and online..."

https://www.theharvardshop.com/collections/t-shirts

https://www.theharvardshop.com/collections/bestsellers
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Nov 18, 2015
234 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Sanyo wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 9:00 pm
I laugh when I see women with LV purses -- how many of them have a stock portfolio? More like a credit card portfolio amirite??!?! :)
Joke's on you, a lot of women with LV purses do have stock portfolios.
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Dec 4, 2011
351 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER
KendrickStone wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:39 am
Joke's on you, a lot of women with LV purses do have stock portfolios.
How many of those are fake ?
Nov 18, 2015
234 posts
91 upvotes
Toronto, ON
WebDesign wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:34 pm
How many of those are fake ?
you'd be surprised...i know a lot of women that purchase multiple real designer handbags, and are very well off financially.

Fakes maybe back in the day, but now purchasing a luxury bag is not that big of a deal.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2006
7197 posts
1325 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Sanyo wrote:
Mar 12th, 2017 9:00 pm
I laugh when I see women with LV purses -- how many of them have a stock portfolio? More like a credit card portfolio amirite??!?! :)
What's so special about owning a LV? Majority purchase the cheapest one from the line up. There's lots of wealthy women that own Chanel's and birkins for the elite. Sounds like you are just mad jelly :p
Oct 6, 2015
899 posts
201 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Show offs are just looking for attention. If you ignore them or pretend you don't notice them, you have shot down their confidence. If you want to be a good positive person, then compliment them. You'll realize how far a compliment will get you.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 20, 2012
9532 posts
793 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
WebDesign wrote:

Pathetic.
It's owned by HSA - harvard students association. It's legit.

Brian Clay, then Vice President of HSA, approached Corcoran in 2001 with the idea of acquiring the shop for the company. Conveniently, Corcoran was on already on the board of HSA and immediately saw the natural fit.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Dec 4, 2011
351 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER
KendrickStone wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 8:10 am
you'd be surprised...i know a lot of women that purchase multiple real designer handbags, and are very well off financially.

Fakes maybe back in the day, but now purchasing a luxury bag is not that big of a deal.
Do they earn themselves or their husbands ?
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Dec 4, 2011
351 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER
aznnorth wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 10:14 am
It's owned by HSA - harvard students association. It's legit.

Brian Clay, then Vice President of HSA, approached Corcoran in 2001 with the idea of acquiring the shop for the company. Conveniently, Corcoran was on already on the board of HSA and immediately saw the natural fit.
I don't think that makes it legit. They seem to suggest that the people wearing the shirts are Harvard students. They use the same font for the word as the university. It's like Armani Exchange versus Armani Jeans,
Nov 23, 2008
267 posts
73 upvotes
Toronto
WebDesign wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 10:22 am
Obviously it's going to vary person to person, but who cares? Seriously.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2006
2064 posts
228 upvotes
Orleans
WebDesign wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 10:22 am
Welcome to 2017. Too bad you lived under a rock for so, so, so many years.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
1814 posts
506 upvotes
Toronto
WebDesign wrote:

Pathetic.
I'm going to play devil's advocate and ask you this, why does it matter what they have on their shirt?

Also as for the shirt, it's no different than people wearing torn or ripped clothing that they didn't rip, people wearing stuff that looks vintage or tour band tshirts that they most likely didn't go see.

All in all, they're not the problem here.
That's not a knife!
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2009
3015 posts
763 upvotes
EP32k2 wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:29 am
What's so special about owning a LV? Majority purchase the cheapest one from the line up. There's lots of wealthy women that own Chanel's and birkins for the elite. Sounds like you are just mad jelly :p
Jelly? Grow up! Im a guy I dont care about purses anyways, it's just funny seeing women at a mall carrying LV but shopping at Old Navy. Gimme break.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel