Dealing with Show Offs

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2017 10:53 am
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2011
4085 posts
325 upvotes
How do you deal with jealouses?

Do you keep a screenshot of your stock portfolio? Do you show them your receipts and paystubs?

My LV tote is my beater bag; I take it to Walmart or throw it under an airplane seat. If that makes you upset, so be it. My friends and I keep our nicer ones for other occasions, so your head won't explode upon viewing.

stay buttmad

buttmad.
WebDesign wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 9:34 pm

How many of those are fake ?
WebDesign wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 10:22 am

Do they earn themselves or their husbands ?
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Dec 4, 2011
351 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER
dealo'day wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 6:57 pm
I'm going to play devil's advocate and ask you this, why does it matter what they have on their shirt?

Also as for the shirt, it's no different than people wearing torn or ripped clothing that they didn't rip, people wearing stuff that looks vintage or tour band tshirts that they most likely didn't go see.

All in all, they're not the problem here.
It matters because they are pretending to be something that they are not: a Harvard University student. It's like people wearing fake military medals and uniforms.
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Dec 4, 2011
351 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Poulet wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 5:44 pm
Welcome to 2017. Too bad you lived under a rock for so, so, so many years.
Welcome to the future
Nov 23, 2008
265 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto
WebDesign wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 3:26 am
It matters because they are pretending to be something that they are not: a Harvard University student. It's like people wearing fake military medals and uniforms.
No, you're the one making the assumption that just because they're wearing something emblazoned with 'Harvard' on it that they went to Harvard.

Regardless of whether they did or didn't, how does this materially affect you in any way?
Deal Addict
May 14, 2009
4260 posts
178 upvotes
Sanyo wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 11:24 pm
Jelly? Grow up! Im a guy I dont care about purses anyways, it's just funny seeing women at a mall carrying LV but shopping at Old Navy. Gimme break.
Why is that so funny? So if someone owns an LV bag, they're not supposed to shop at certain stores?
Deal Guru
Oct 13, 2009
12095 posts
2174 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Redsanta wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 12:53 am
Jacket only $100,000

Alligator. You can probably cop one like that off of Grailed for like 10-20k. $100k is msrp.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2010
1789 posts
429 upvotes
Toronto
WebDesign wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 3:26 am
No, just no. If anyone is in a fake military uniform, they can easily get arrested. That is outright illegal.

As for the university student, it's no different than the example I gave. It's harmless and it simply affects no one. Not to mention that you have no idea whether or not they were gifted that shirt or if they actually went there. Nevertheless, whether Chad from the office is coming in with a 10,000 dollar crocadile skin coat or a Harvard coat/shirt, it really does not matter.

Do you also get as concerned when someone wears athletic clothing but aren't physically active?
What about wearing running shoes but they don't actually run?
How about driving an SUV (or riding a mountain bike) but they don't take it off road?

These matters are inconsequential unlike the military uniform example you gave, and effect absolutely no one.
Posing as someone of higher authority is a completely different matter.
That's not a knife!
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Dec 4, 2011
351 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Zewo wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 9:06 am
No, you're the one making the assumption that just because they're wearing something emblazoned with 'Harvard' on it that they went to Harvard.

Regardless of whether they did or didn't, how does this materially affect you in any way?
That is clearly their intention. They wish to seem more successful than they are. They are pretending. I find that offensive.
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Dec 4, 2011
351 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER
nasa25 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 1:45 pm
Alligator. You can probably cop one like that off of Grailed for like 10-20k. $100k is msrp.
For 10K I could go for that.
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Dec 4, 2011
351 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER
dealo'day wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 1:50 pm

Do you also get as concerned when someone wears athletic clothing but aren't physically active?

How about driving an SUV (or riding a mountain bike) but they don't take it off road?
Yes I do. It should be illegal to drive an SUV within city limits.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 6, 2010
7591 posts
656 upvotes
WebDesign wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 2:14 pm
That is clearly their intention. They wish to seem more successful than they are. They are pretending. I find that offensive.
Without being aware of the circumstances one got the clothing it's impossible to say. If say I was a student at a prestigious University and got a bunch of clothing from them, but then for whatever reason I didn't complete my degree there, am I supposed to throw out some perfectly good stuff?

I'm not fond of the idea of "posers" either but like it or not, people have been passing off as things they aren't for centuries this is nothing new...I'm not sure why you're offended by it. The way others spend their money is their own thing, whether they want to use it to "pose" or otherwise.
[OP]
Temp. Banned
Dec 4, 2011
351 posts
56 upvotes
VANCOUVER
This has nothing to do with the university. It's like Armani Jeans with Armani Exchange. Or Swiss Army and Swiss Navy.
uber_shnitz wrote:
Mar 17th, 2017 4:13 pm
Without being aware of the circumstances one got the clothing it's impossible to say. If say I was a student at a prestigious University and got a bunch of clothing from them, but then for whatever reason I didn't complete my degree there, am I supposed to throw out some perfectly good stuff?

I'm not fond of the idea of "posers" either but like it or not, people have been passing off as things they aren't for centuries this is nothing new...I'm not sure why you're offended by it. The way others spend their money is their own thing, whether they want to use it to "pose" or otherwise.
× < >
Rotate image Save Cancel