• Nov 7th, 2014 3:29 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes

Deals Category - Need a global "Other"

Many times I cannot find a category that fits the deals that I posted, and I just had to randomly select a category as it is mandatory. Can we have a global "Other" category?
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
4 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
Just wondering if this has been considered? Or make the category not a mandatory field, as in the mobile site.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36621 upvotes
Scarborough
Sorry this is the first time I saw the thread. We tried to cover most deals by the categories we added in but understand some deals may fall outside of this realm. Since you seem to often be posting deals that our current list doesn't cover, can you give me examples of what they are?
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
TomRFD wrote: Sorry this is the first time I saw the thread. We tried to cover most deals by the categories we added in but understand some deals may fall outside of this realm. Since you seem to often be posting deals that our current list doesn't cover, can you give me examples of what they are?
A couple of my threads:
microsoft-office-mobile-apps-free-ios-a ... e-1594177/ (There is no category for software, but I can still put it under Tablet)

godaddy-0-99-domain-transfer-code-shoul ... n-1557415/ (Nothing for hosting/domain)

ymmv-get-25-bonus-air-miles-when-you-re ... l-1521887/ (Don't know how to categorize this)
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
18226 posts
36621 upvotes
Scarborough
BB88 wrote: A couple of my threads:
microsoft-office-mobile-apps-free-ios-a ... e-1594177/ (There is no category for software, but I can still put it under Tablet)

godaddy-0-99-domain-transfer-code-shoul ... n-1557415/ (Nothing for hosting/domain)

ymmv-get-25-bonus-air-miles-when-you-re ... l-1521887/ (Don't know how to categorize this)
I agree software should be a category although Computers/Electronics > Other would work in the meanwhile. Hosting one could argue could also go into this same category. I agree that the last one doesn't really fit into a category. I'll suggest a catch all "Other" and let you know if this is possible.
RFD Staff - Got a question? Send me a private message.
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)