• Oct 14th, 2011 12:43 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 13, 2004
269 posts
9 upvotes

Deals on Cineplex movie tickets?

I'd like to get a list of ways to get a deal on Cineplex movie tickets.

Costco - 2 adults plus popcorn & 2 drinks ($22.95)
Costco - 1 child plus child's popcorn combo (9.95)

CAA members 8.32 for adult ticket
CAA 24.32 for adult night out (like Costco - comes with popcorn & 2 drinks)

Also sometimes RFD people do a group buy.

Remember to use your Scene cards to get points when using these tickets.

Any other ways?
9 replies
Deal Addict
May 18, 2008
1524 posts
65 upvotes
know anyone whos a student at a university? get them to go to their student centre. they sell discounted movie tickets.

I know UofT has them since I got them before
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10520 posts
1752 upvotes
Toronto
Here are a few Movie Tickets Tips for you:

I am a big Cineplex fan...but with high-ticket prices...i only go to Cineplex when watching movies that are IMAX , 3D, D-Box Motion Seats, or big movies worth paying the extra money.

If you insist on going to Cineplex...then go on Tuesday's and ask for the Telus Tuesdays Price...which is like a regular price but you get a free popcorn and drink. So it's like you paid for half the movie ticket price.

Another good tip for cheap Cineplex tickets are going out for lunch or dinner at Kelsey's. Ask for the discounted Cineplex ticket with the meal. They will sell you the ticket for $7.50 (or $7...can't recall)...so that is a good discount.

For everything else....just wait till Tuesdays and go to Rainbow Cinemas where all day long the tickets are $5 (they were $4 on Tuesdays till a couple of weeks ago..but its only a buck more..so no biggie).

TIP: You can buy those tickets in advance because Tuesday's tickets can be sold out if you go on that day for a new movie release. It happened to me a couple of times.

Food & Snacks TIP: I normally buy Popcorn at the Cinema or get it with the Telus Tuesdays Deal on Tuesdays...just because my wife likes their popcorn. But I have seen some people 'sneak' into the Cinema their own Microwaved Popcorn...in their microwavable bags.. (LOL :lol: that is a bit extreme for me) and other snacks of choice. I snuck-in a few candy bars myself from time to time ;) I don't blame them...Popcorn especially is marked-up WAY over it's fair price. But that is how Cinema's make most of their profits I presume. But savvy RFDers like us don't need to be ripped-off anyway..right?

Anwyay, those are my techniques for discounted movies (and cheaper snacks). I hope that helps you enjoy the movies for less. :)
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
May 31, 2009
939 posts
291 upvotes
Well as any employee of the company. I say that the next time you go see a movie in a busy theater. Wait until the end and walk around looking for specially marks MM's and Whopper bag tops. Collect 8 of them and send them in for 2 free tickets. One man's trash is another man's treasure. I'm collecting them for my friends for them to get free tickets since i don't need them
Deal Fanatic
Dec 30, 2006
8728 posts
294 upvotes
Toronto
Or make a day of it and hang around after your movie to see one or two more. Easy to do at AMC. Not so much at Cineplex.
[OP]
Oct 13, 2004
269 posts
9 upvotes
Also....The Telus Tuesday deal says you can save your popcorn/drink coupon and use it up to 10 days later.

I forgot about the Kelsey's movie deal...Great idea. I wonder if you can save it for another time or do you have to use it the same day.
Deal Expert
Oct 28, 2004
18159 posts
1062 upvotes
Well if you are downtown near First Canadian Place, visit the Conceirge desk and they sell discounted movie tickets (priced below). The prices are a little higher but still decent than regular price:

Cineplex/Famous Players Movie Passes
Admit One Pass: $9.00 each (Retail up to $14.00)
• Includes 1 unrestricted adult movie admission

Cineplex Kids Combo*
$13.50 each (Retail up to: $19.75) includes:
• 1 unrestricted children’s admission ticket
• 1 popcorn tray combo

Cineplex Famous Night-Out Pack
$31.75 each (Retail: up to $39) includes:
• 2 unrestricted adult movie admissions
• 1 regular size popcorn + 2 regular size soft-drinks

AMC Gold Admit One Passes*
$9.00 each (Retail up to: $14.50)
• Includes unrestricted general movie admission

Source: http://www.fcpfirst.com/Concierge.aspx

And you don't have to be a tenant of FCP to get this deal.

Seems like the tix+popcorn isn't really a "deal", way more expensive than Costco's deal. The single tix seems decent...
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
10520 posts
1752 upvotes
Toronto
Sandie5 wrote:
Jun 28th, 2010 1:32 pm
Also....The Telus Tuesday deal says you can save your popcorn/drink coupon and use it up to 10 days later.

I forgot about the Kelsey's movie deal...Great idea. I wonder if you can save it for another time or do you have to use it the same day.
You're welcome! The answer is you can use the Kelsey's Movie deal anytime you want..the back of these special tickets has an expiry date that is at least a year from the purchase date...last time I checked! :)
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Mar 3, 2007
64 posts
22 upvotes
Toronto
Questionz wrote:
Jun 27th, 2010 10:00 pm
know anyone whos a student at a university? get them to go to their student centre. they sell discounted movie tickets.

I know UofT has them since I got them before
Ryerson's Student Campus Centre sells Cineplex and AMC tickets at discounted prices as well :)
Nov 23, 2008
102 posts
toronto
FCP concierge in toronto no longer offers discounted movie tickets.

any other ideas on how to get cheap tix?

also, when buying tix from universities, do you have to show student id?

thanks
× < >