Tags:
None
[OP]
Oct 6, 2007
21 posts
4 upvotes
Peterborough

Deals south online ??

Has anyone bought a TV on E-Bay from Deals South Online... They have good deals but I was worried about buying with out getting a warranty because once it comes to Canada it does Not have a Canadain warranty.
Pansonic plasma 's are a lot Cheaper less than 1000.00 for pz77u (1080p)or the Pz700 for around 1098.00 US plus shipping ( 250 .00) still a lot cheaper than 1999.00 canadian .
4 replies
[OP]
Oct 6, 2007
21 posts
4 upvotes
Peterborough
Hey testing is anyone able to read this:
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2004
2101 posts
70 upvotes
GTA
thought of it but it gets pricy

example, I wanted a 60" sxrd A3000 TV

1500+ duties + 489 shipping + insurance = 150 I think + brokerage fees

all in all it got pricey once all those fees got applied so I didnt do it,

Dubseller did end up doing it so you might want to contact him for more info.

This is the message he sent me when I asked him about it

Hi, glad to help... ok, so far I should warn you that even though their prices seem VERY low, they will charge you $489 to ship to canada (maybe more if you're on the west coast). On top of that, they charged me more than 10% for insurance! Like 10.1% or 10.2% on the listed price AND shipping, ie: (for my xbr4): $2676 + 489 = $3165 X 10% = $3500 US dollars. Since SONY tvs are manufactured in Mexico, there are no duties. You should be charged 14% at the border on the listed price of the tv (in my case: 14% of $2676 converted from US dollars to Canadian). They will also probably ship through DHL, who charge 2.5% brokerage fees. This in my case was 2.5% of $2676 = %67 US. Besides that, I paid for the item on Nov. 29 and DHL just picked it up in Brooklyn NY today, so Dealsouth ships out from a warehouse in NY and it took a week to process my order. Also, I called SONY USA and they will honor the manufacturer's warranty, but you have to ship it to a bona fide service centre (in the US) at your expense and SONY will pay for repairs/replacement and shipment back. If I were you, I'd try to pay for the TV with a platinum card if you can and pay that card off with your other visa or cash. There is more protection from platinum cards with purchases like that. If you know anyone with a platinum card, pay them and use their card. That's the only reason I am not worried about ordering from them. With my platinum card, if I am not COMPLETELY satisfied within 90 days, I have purchase protection... so no problems there. I have to say that as shady as their entire business seems, they have impeccable feedback and I haven't had any "issues" yet. I haven't received my TV yet, but if you check back with me in a few days, I will be more than happy to tell you how it went. Good luck with your decisions.
[OP]
Oct 6, 2007
21 posts
4 upvotes
Peterborough
So , did you or someone you know buy here??
May 2, 2008
1 posts
Canada
I bought a Sony 52XBR4 from DealSouth back in September 2007.

When I received the delivery the box was damaged, soI took pictures of the delivery as I received it. That makes me question whether they're selling potentially damaged goods or DHL messed up. Speaking with DealSouth's customer service and seeing my package in DHL's warehouse I believe it was the latter. Fortunately, it didn't affect the unit.

The extra 2 or 4 year warranty bumped the price up almost $300, so I wouldn't recommend it; but, that's another thread. I LOVE my television.