• Jun 3rd, 2019 9:55 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2932 posts
680 upvotes
Ajax

Death Stranding (PS4) - November 8, 2019

Well I cannot believe we have a release date for Death Stranding given the history of Kojima Productions. So one of three things is happening, a) the game is actually polished and ready to go, b) Sony felt they had to put something out about this game prior to E3 2019, c) the date is arbitrary and we will actually see this Spring to Summer 2020.

Regardless, what are your thoughts on the new trailer?

9 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2011
1811 posts
493 upvotes
Toronto
I think it will be polished and ready to go in November (at least polished by modern AAA-game standards).

Trailer looks interesting, but I am still confused to what this game is about. I could see this being in the high 70s/low 80s score on Metacritic, while doing well commercially.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6788 posts
2956 upvotes
Toronto
heywhatsmyname wrote:
May 31st, 2019 2:21 pm
Trailer looks interesting, but I am still confused to what this game is about.
I get the impression 90% of the game is going to be stealth and avoiding conflict which doesn't really appeal to me. Artistically it looks incredible though I wonder what'll play like on the base PS4
Deal Addict
May 9, 2007
1162 posts
319 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
May 31st, 2019 5:32 pm
I get the impression 90% of the game is going to be stealth and avoiding conflict which doesn't really appeal to me. Artistically it looks incredible though I wonder what'll play like on the base PS4
lol you mean like some other obscure stealth game by Kojima... I think it was called Metal Gear Solid or something like that.... only one of the greatest games ever made!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6788 posts
2956 upvotes
Toronto
Bryson wrote:
May 31st, 2019 6:30 pm
lol you mean like some other obscure stealth game by Kojima... I think it was called Metal Gear Solid or something like that.... only one of the greatest games ever made!
lol I'm only really familiar with MSG 4 and 5 both of which gave you a fair amount of freedom in how to play. They encouraged stealth but taking people out was almost always an option as well. This game looks like the entire goal is to avoid physical conflict entirely
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
7402 posts
2100 upvotes
MGS3 > MGS1 > MGS2 >>> MGS5 = MGS4

MGS5's plot twist was so dumb and clearly the game was unfinished after Kojima was fired. There is an entire act missing.
The main point is the plot twist in MGSV was horribly written and ill conceived. It becomes an implausible plot hole even compared to the outlandish things that happened in MGS4.
Bryson wrote:
May 31st, 2019 6:30 pm
Last edited by XFactor11 on Jun 1st, 2019 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2051 posts
833 upvotes
Am I the only one that wasn’t impressed by the trailer?

Doesn’t look at all like something I would be interested in...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
2932 posts
680 upvotes
Ajax
OldMarriedGuy wrote:
Jun 1st, 2019 9:47 am
Am I the only one that wasn’t impressed by the trailer?

Doesn’t look at all like something I would be interested in...
Depends I guess. It looks like a few things put together. Reminds me aspects of The Matrix, earlier Assassin's Creed, Metal Gear Solid, Nier Automata, Del Toro films, Blade Runner films, and more. Game play shown does not impress. I do not want to be running away from conflict the whole game. That part where the person is running away would piss me off. Want me, come get it.