• Last Updated:
  • Dec 8th, 2017 8:05 pm
Feb 18, 2014
158 posts
27 upvotes
smokescreen15 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 4:25 pm
I think you nailed it. I'm certain this is just an elaborate ponzi scheme. Generating fake merchant statements and filtering funds around until the scheme has collapsed. Has anyone tried to confirm the existence of merchants from whom you collect fees from? I would start there, since it will be easy to confirm if the merchant A: Exists and B: is using Debit Directs services.

Debit Direct doesn't show up on any registered ISO list with Visa or Mastercard. It doesn't mean they are not legit, but most processors will register with the 2 largest credit card companies if they are involved with electronic payments.
https://www.mastercard.com/us/company/e ... -15-14.pdf
https://www.visa.com/splisting/searchGrsp.do
As well, they seem to have thousands of merchants, processing significant amounts of transactions, yet I've never run across them...
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1408 posts
279 upvotes
gamechanger wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 7:18 pm
As well, they seem to have thousands of merchants, processing significant amounts of transactions, yet I've never run across them...
Exactly. I can't think of any merchant who would benefit from this structure. Only convenience stores, MIGHT, still have debit surcharges, but their business is so minimal. Most of them just have a 50/50 split on surcharge fees with their processor.
Sep 28, 2017
4 posts
What happened to Facebook group ? Can’t find. Invite back in please !
Oct 7, 2017
3 posts
Jim Gaudry is the guy who sold me the machines, I purchased for over $250,000 of those...
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2009
1408 posts
279 upvotes
mfrance2 wrote:
Oct 8th, 2017 1:28 pm
Jim Gaudry is the guy who sold me the machines, I purchased for over $250,000 of those...
You bought 250k worth of debit machines?
Oct 7, 2017
3 posts
I spoke to detective Wilson in Toronto this am. At this point they are trying to determine which police departement is in charge of this… He said the immediate step is to report our case to the local police in each region we live in. He said to bring to the police a copy and proof of your payment. We will be eventiually called once they know which police department is in chatrge of this and we will be given further instructions…

He also mentioned there are a few groups of investors on FACEBOOK . I actually found those 2 below.…I recommend to join those groups so we can be informed on which collective action can be done. The police is one thing, but our main solution is to seek legal advice at this point.

https://www.facebook.com/DebitDirect/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1299290116847149/

Marie
Sep 28, 2017
4 posts
Perhaps you could invite me in to second group. Can’t access . First group. I too am in for 100 machines. Thanx
Oct 11, 2017
2 posts
Jim Gaudry sold me mine as well. Have not been able to get in contact with him or Brian Conneybeare. I will also be contacting the police.
Oct 11, 2017
2 posts
More information regarding this is being shared on the Debit Direct Facebook group. You can also contact this officer who is on the case.

Detective Michael Streng #8577
Toronto Police Service Financial Crimes Unit
Corporate Section – Intake Office
416-808-7332 (Bus.)
416-808-7302 (fax.)
michael.streng@torontopolice.on.ca
Oct 16, 2017
3 posts
This just blows my mind. I was about to invest with DB a few months ago, but something came up and I told Jim Gaudry I would have to postpone it until September. I still had Gaudry's number, but when I was ready to invest, their website was down. I reached Jim Gaudry once last month and he said they were merging with some Brazilian company and that they would be ready for new investors by October 15.

It all sounded a little too good to be true.

Paul Hammond, sorry if I spooked you when I sent you an email out of the blue. I saw your email here and thought you could shed some light on all this. I should have registered and posted first.
Last edited by WTFhappened on Oct 17th, 2017 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Oct 16, 2017
3 posts
mfrance2 wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 5:25 pm
I spoke to detective Wilson in Toronto this am. At this point they are trying to determine which police departement is in charge of this… He said the immediate step is to report our case to the local police in each region we live in. He said to bring to the police a copy and proof of your payment. We will be eventiually called once they know which police department is in chatrge of this and we will be given further instructions…

He also mentioned there are a few groups of investors on FACEBOOK . I actually found those 2 below.…I recommend to join those groups so we can be informed on which collective action can be done. The police is one thing, but our main solution is to seek legal advice at this point.

https://www.facebook.com/DebitDirect/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1299290116847149/

Marie
I sent in a request for the second group, but I got no response.
Oct 19, 2017
2 posts
Cas77 wrote:
Oct 3rd, 2017 11:38 am
I'm curious if anyone has proof ALL these machines actually physically exist?? Not just a few...but all of them.

It's pretty easy to collect $xx,xxx from someone, give them back $100/month (of your own money) to appear legit and recruit new investors though current ones...as soon as your crop is large enough *poof*!
I bought a package of 6 terminals and I have been receiving payments up to August. This is a well organized network. That s the second time I lost money in the exact same fraud. The first time was with premier POS Solution also a company based in Toronto. strangely, they have the exact same business model and their contract is, claim by claim, 99.9% identical. I did both investment about a few months apart. When I lost my money with Premier POS, by coincidence, I met Jim in franchise show in Montreal and told me that Premier POS Solutions copy their business model and their intention was to scam the investors. He said that Debit Direct was legit and has been around since 1998 after regulation changes of POS ownership. From what I understand from the post in this forum, both companies, Premier POS solution and Debit Direct use the same techniques to perform the fraud. in the first case, the investor contact (I think his name was Brian) remained in contact after the fraud and claimed that he was not aware of wrongdoings, that he also lost money and that he will try to help us recovers our money if possible. I found both companies in BeTheBoss.ca web site and after the fraud, Premier POS Solutions dissapeared from the site and another POS company was there.
Oct 21, 2017
1 posts
Hi there, I am also a victim of the debit direct scam. Is there any good news out there about the machines
Oct 16, 2017
3 posts
This appeared on Facebook.

PLEASE READ THIS MESSAGE FROM JIM GAUDRY. I have been asked to post on his behalf, I am an owner of terminals and I have worked for Imaging Technologies and Jim Gaudy as an independent contractor:
My name is Jim Gaudry. This post is about the problems Charles Debono is causing investors
who have dealt with Debit Direct and purchased terminals.
On behalf of my family I invested in Debit Direct through my company, Imaging Technologies
Ltd., an Ontario Corporation. I am a director and shareholder of Imaging Technologies Ltd.
In September 2017, I contacted the OPP, the Calgary Police and the Toronto Police who are
investigating the complaints of the investors about Charles Debono, KIS Media Ventures Ltd and
Debit Direct. When I spoke to the Police I provided all the information that I have and will
continue to do so.
Imaging Technologies Ltd. was also an independent Sales Agent for Debit Direct. However
Imaging Technologies Ltd. was not just selling terminals for Debit Direct, it has in the past sold
other unrelated products as well for other companies. Imaging Technologies Ltd. has sold a
large variety of products for the last 20+ years and continues to do so today.
In November, 2014 when Imaging Technologies Ltd became an independent contractor Sales
Agent for KIS Media Ventures Ltd. carrying on business as Debit Direct, KIS Media Ventures
Ltd. and Debit Direct had been up and running since August of 2012; 2 years and 4 months
before Imaging Technologies Ltd. did any work for it.
I was never an officer, director or shareholder of Debit Direct or KIS Media Ventures Ltd or any
company connected to it in any way. I had no decision making capacity or management role with
the company.
I was always led to believe Debit Direct is owned and operated by Charles Debono. Since the
payments stopped I have not been able to confirm what his exact relationship to KIS Media
Ventures Ltd. is.
I met with Charles Debono by phone in November 2014 and in person in February 2015 who
invited Imaging Technologies Ltd. to become an independent contractor sales agent for Debit
Direct selling terminals. From November 2014 when Imaging Inc. first became a sales agent, to
September 15, 2017 when payments to investors stopped, I never saw any indication of, or heard
about, any problems. Investors were paid on time, reports were sent out on time. No investors
complained about any problems to me or Imaging Technologies Ltd. or Charles Debono or KIS
Media Ventures Ltd. or Debit Direct that I am aware of.
Charles Debono, Kristina Escott and Brian Conneybeare who had been working with Direct
Debit before Imaging Technologies Ltd. became involved with selling terminals for it, provided
legitimate references to me whom I spoke to and received positive feed back from. Imaging
Technologies Ltd. was paid commission on its sales. Debit Direct at all times appeared to be a
successful, expanding enterprise.
My communication with Debit Direct, its employees and Charles Debono was by phone and email
with the exception of one meeting with Charles Debono. There was never any event or
subject that required face to face contact between the employees, Charles Debono and me. Debit
Direct provided information and literature to Imaging Technologies Ltd. that was used in p
resentations. All sales materials and purchase agreements were supplied by Debit Direct. Debit
Direct maintained a website and paid for advertising. Leads were passed on to me which I
followed up. Repeat sales were made with satisfied customers. Many investors came out to trade
shows to share their experiences with prospective buyers.
I also bought terminals for my family, 77 of them, because I wanted to enjoy the returns
everyone else was receiving.
Imaging Technologies Ltd. and my family and I, just like other buyers of terminals, will be hurt
quite badly if the Police can’t get to the bottom of this. Like the other investors we are not being
paid on the terminals we own. Imaging Technologies Ltd. is still owed for expenses it has
incurred.
I have been trying to find others who worked for Debit Direct so that I can encourage them to
come forward. I believe they have contacted the authorities.
I will continue to assist in any way I can. In the interim if you have any information that is
factual, verifiable and can be substantiated please provide it to the authorities. Supposition and
unfounded accusations will not aid the investigation only hinder.
Any information you have should be sent to Detective Michael Streng #8577
Toronto Police Service Financial Crimes Unit - Incident # 17-1692736
michael.streng@torontopolice.on.ca