• Nov 17th, 2017 3:15 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5966 posts
221 upvotes

Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/05/us/h ... tions.html
Two decades ago, the Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein invited Ashley Judd to the Peninsula Beverly Hills hotel for what the young actress expected to be a business breakfast meeting. Instead, he had her sent up to his room, where he appeared in a bathrobe and asked if he could give her a massage or she could watch him shower, she recalled in an interview.
A longtime Democratic donor, he hosted a fund-raiser for Hillary Clinton in his Manhattan home last year. He employed Malia Obama, the oldest daughter of former President Barack Obama, as an intern this year, and recently helped endow a faculty chair at Rutgers University in Gloria Steinem’s name. During the Sundance Film Festival in January, when Park City, Utah, held its version of the nationwide women’s marches, Mr. Weinstein joined the parade.
This guy is a predator. Good to hear that Ms. Judd has come forward to tell her story.
296 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
19057 posts
2638 upvotes
Poormond Hill
Hollywood is full of child predators. Just ask Corey.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.
Aug 17, 2009
608 posts
296 upvotes
Careful now. In today's society, there are certain minorities AND political party, that one best avoid criticizing, as they can do no wrong. There is a double-standard. I'm sure all the polarization we see happening has nothing to do with it. This will blow over. Really soon. Unlike a Caucasian rich guy we constantly keep hearing about (cough...Trump...cough).
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5966 posts
221 upvotes
It's interesting that people who were upset about Donald Trump saying "grab them by the pussy" aren't as upset when a very powerful and prominent Democrat has been found to be actually DOING it. Very few celebrities are condemning Weinstein like they have Trump and "feminist" lawyer Lisa Bloom (daughter of Gloria Allred) has signed up to defend him.

Also, he's suing the news for reporting the news...
Harvey Weinstein to Sue N.Y. Times, Says His Attorney
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36657 posts
2532 upvotes
Toronto
hugh_da_man wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 6:06 pm
It's interesting that people who were upset about Donald Trump saying "grab them by the pussy" aren't as upset when a very powerful and prominent Democrat has been found to be actually DOING it. Very few celebrities are condemning Weinstein like they have Trump and "feminist" lawyer Lisa Bloom (daughter of Gloria Allred) has signed up to defend him.

Also, he's suing the news for reporting the news...
Harvey Weinstein to Sue N.Y. Times, Says His Attorney
I think its because we hardly know him. Ya he is well known enough... to be on wikipedia or imdb. But this is the first ive heard of him!

But what he did is bad. He's a very very bad man.

And even if he is famous... i'd probably just say "ya hes a douche" on an internet forum. That would be the extent of my outrage!!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5966 posts
221 upvotes
UrbanPoet wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 6:11 pm
I think its because we hardly know him. Ya he is well known enough... to be on wikipedia or imdb. But this is the first ive heard of him!

But what he did is bad. He's a very very bad man.

And even if he is famous... i'd probably just say "ya hes a douche" on an internet forum. That would be the extent of my outrage!!
Sorry I meant celebrities who work in the industry and with Weinstein aren't saying anything. A few female celebrities have come out and made vague comments via but we've yet to see the likes of Susan Sarandon and other "feminist" activists come out and denounce him. Interestingly, lots of them have projects being produced by his company.
Deal Addict
Apr 28, 2004
1685 posts
266 upvotes
Toronto
hugh_da_man wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 6:06 pm
You're kidding, right? Trump was running to be President of the UNITED STATES. Weinstein, at the end of the day, is just another disgusting, very rich guy. If he ran for presidency, you can bet those celebrities would turn on him too. Turn off your political bias and you would notice that no one really raised a stink about Trump when he was just another "rich guy" when all those things actually occurred. It's a little different when he's going to be your leader of the free world and command-in-chief of the most powerful military force.
hugh_da_man wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 6:16 pm
Sorry I meant celebrities who work in the industry and with Weinstein aren't saying anything. A few female celebrities have come out and made vague comments via but we've yet to see the likes of Susan Sarandon and other "feminist" activists come out and denounce him. Interestingly, lots of them have projects being produced by his company.
Do these "feminist" activists all denounce every single sexual harassment report of famous people? I found a few scattering tweet comments and jokes when Fox News' Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly got busted, but again, nothing major from these celebrity activists condemning them. How do you explain that?
Deal Guru
Oct 14, 2003
13916 posts
881 upvotes
akira1971 wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 7:55 pm
You're kidding, right? Trump was running to be President of the UNITED STATES. Weinstein, at the end of the day, is just another disgusting, very rich guy. If he ran for presidency, you can bet those celebrities would turn on him too. Turn off your political bias and you would notice that no one really raised a stink about Trump when he was just another "rich guy" when all those things actually occurred. It's a little different when he's going to be your leader of the free world and command-in-chief of the most powerful military force.

Do these "feminist" activists all denounce every single sexual harassment report of famous people? I found a few scattering tweet comments and jokes when Fox News' Roger Ailes and Bill O'Reilly got busted, but again, nothing major from these celebrity activists condemning them. How do you explain that?
This, plus at this point it's an accusation where as Trump basically freely admitted to scumbag acts. If Harvey is convicted, he should be sentenced as any other citizen would be regardless of his wealth and power.
Science
is the new
rock 'n'
roll.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
15609 posts
4372 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Weinstein is a notorious douchebag. No surprise here.
Firebolt wrote:
Feb 12th, 2016 1:09 pm
give lots of head for sick knee fadez, give lots of lap dances for ca$h wallet fades. Always pop that leg when kissing for dope honey combs, knee lots of mans in the crotch for killer whiskers, low ride like an og for them stacks. And traintracks? Only achievable by a legend in the denim game
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
2297 posts
143 upvotes
Hollywood is a messy, messy place to be in if you have no one to guide you. For young and impressionable actresses who are eager for film roles, I can’t expect it to be safe.
Last edited by Dumbbelldore on Oct 5th, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Penalty Box
Nov 1, 2001
1514 posts
58 upvotes
Ojam wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 8:14 pm
This, plus at this point it's an accusation where as Trump basically freely admitted to scumbag acts. If Harvey is convicted, he should be sentenced as any other citizen would be regardless of his wealth and power.
What scumbag acts did Trump admit to?
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jul 5, 2005
5966 posts
221 upvotes
akira1971 wrote:
Weinstein isn't just another rich guy...he was helping to bankroll Democrat campaigns. If he wasn't politically involved then there would be no comparison to Trump but Hillary and many Democrats gladly had Weinstein help them raise funds for their campaigns while everyone apparently knew that Weinstein really was grabbing women by the pussy.

It's the hypocrisy of it all that's the problem. Hillary and many actors and actress were fine to denounce Trump over words but now none of them say anything about Weinstein's actions.

akira1971 wrote:
Well they could at least denounce their friend now that he's finally been outed. They spent nearly 3 decades covering for him, a tweet saying they disagree with him forcing women to let him massage them while he's naked or have them watch him shower isn't asking very much is it? Maybe since they held that women's march they'd be interested in talking about the problems in their own industry with sexual harassment?

Bill O'Reilly was a good example...all of these great tweets denouncing O'Reilly when he's some news host on Fox (a station they likely don't watch) but one of the most powerful people in Hollywood and we can't even get a little tweet about it? Meryl Streep attacked Donald Trump at an awards show but now she's Meryl Not-a-peep when one of her Hollywood buddies is outed for being a prolific sexual predator...I'm disappointed is all. How do we move forward with equality for everyone when these people won't even denounce one of their own?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
36657 posts
2532 upvotes
Toronto
lecale wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 11:39 pm
This article suggests the story did not come out until now because Weinstein had so many people on the payroll around him, even detractors, that it was impossible to move a story on him. Then something changed. He lost his grip.

https://www.thecut.com/2017/10/why-the- ... rebutton-b
He actually looks like a creeper

Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
2491 posts
874 upvotes
Don't see any of the Late Night Hosts talking about this guy ... how come?
[removed]
Last edited by Mars2012 on Oct 6th, 2017 5:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: reported/inappropriate comment