Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 17th, 2017 3:15 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 10, 2015
1003 posts
266 upvotes
Monte Creek, BC
These stories are becoming so common that they are numbing the average reader. Some of these names I've heard of but there are many I know nothing about. Be they the victim or the accused.
It's getting to the point that they are as common as a suicide bomber killing a dozen or so innocents in some far off corner of the world.
I'm moving on.
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2009
2488 posts
874 upvotes
The only one I have respect for is Ashley Judd as all the other ones by not speaking up earlier put all women (and men) in terrible danger against these perverts. They only thought about themselves and no one else but themselves.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1151 posts
117 upvotes
Logtown
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Oct 30th, 2017 6:27 pm
On the next episode, Kevin Spacey. The part of the Toronto Star that I thought was funny was when the "House of Cards" show gets cancelled (due to Spacey), but the show's producers showed up on set once this made news, to "make sure the actors and crew continue to feel safe and supported."

Essentially: "I'm going to fire you cast and crew, even though it's not your fault, but here, I'm going to make sure you feel safe and supported." Well, if you want them to feel safe and supported, give them other jobs!

Also, here's my prediction for generations to come: as part of their job contract all aspiring actors/musicians/etc., they will have to contractually consent to any and all form of sexual contact with anybody.
Supposedly there's more coming forward about Spacey.

Since the gay angle didn't work, I imagine he's going to work the "identify as female or some animal" angle.
Aug 17, 2009
605 posts
294 upvotes
poleman wrote:
Nov 1st, 2017 9:40 pm
These stories are becoming so common that they are numbing the average reader.
Completely agree. This will be problematic for future complainants/accused, for sure.

On the next episode, Dustin Hoffman.

Edit 1:

Ahem, today we have double feature: Jeremy Piven (of the awesome show Entourage).

Edit 2:

Never mind, triple feature: Andy Dick.

Edit ... you know what, I'm not doing this anymore, it's just too many accused and accusers. Read it for yourselves!
Deal Addict
Feb 19, 2010
4656 posts
1579 upvotes
It's staring to get ridiculous now when some starlet from 30 years ago complains that a big star, either at the time or now, ogled her breasts in her low cut dress or flirted with her and that's now been extrapolated into "sexual harassment". If that kind of behaviour is wrong, I don't want to be right. :facepalm:

Yes, I know some of the allegations go beyond this but not by much. The bar has been lowered to a ridiculous level IMO.
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2001
15795 posts
469 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
Conquistador wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 11:23 am
It's staring to get ridiculous now when some starlet from 30 years ago complains that a big star, either at the time or now, ogled her breasts in her low cut dress or flirted with her and that's now been extrapolated into "sexual harassment". If that kind of behaviour is wrong, I don't want to be right. :facepalm:
I believe there's BOTH accounts like what you describe, and actual cases of sexual assault and serious harassment. The problem is that everything is being mixed up into the same phenomenon.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1151 posts
117 upvotes
Logtown
Conquistador wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 11:23 am

Yes, I know some of the allegations go beyond this but not by much. The bar has been lowered to a ridiculous level IMO.
Easy money brings out all the sleaze.

Really messed up for the few people who really have a valid sexual assault claim rather than "I regret my dumb decision"/"I had to have sex with Harvey to go anywhere" victim complex where they made conscious choices uncoerced.

There's multiple conversations within the subject which will generally get blended in as one, but at minimum, I think we can all be concerned for the actual sexual assault victims. For the rest, I think they need to drop the act, use the attention they're getting to start being a conduit for positive change from within Hollywood. Just going after the money and going back to silence (as is the case with settlements) is just going to perpetuate this and it's gonna be yet another huge issue again down the road.

If the so-called victims (the ones where they're calling their own dumb actions sexual assault) are victims as they say they should have no problem with having this taken to criminal court instead of settling civilly... a criminal conviction is basically a gimme in civil court. Although, Weinstein likely knows which cases he should settle on too.
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14516 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto
AndySixx wrote:
Nov 2nd, 2017 12:19 pm
Easy money brings out all the sleaze.

Really messed up for the few people who really have a valid sexual assault claim rather than "I regret my dumb decision"/"I had to have sex with Harvey to go anywhere" victim complex where they made conscious choices uncoerced.

There's multiple conversations within the subject which will generally get blended in as one, but at minimum, I think we can all be concerned for the actual sexual assault victims. For the rest, I think they need to drop the act, use the attention they're getting to start being a conduit for positive change from within Hollywood. Just going after the money and going back to silence (as is the case with settlements) is just going to perpetuate this and it's gonna be yet another huge issue again down the road.

If the so-called victims (the ones where they're calling their own dumb actions sexual assault) are victims as they say they should have no problem with having this taken to criminal court instead of settling civilly... a criminal conviction is basically a gimme in civil court. Although, Weinstein likely knows which cases he should settle on too.

Well said. Their dignity isn't valued it seems.
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14516 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto
Kevin Spacey has been dumped and Netflix will continue to support the show. How does that work since Spacey was behind producing the show for Netflix? I guess he'd be content with the royalties and have someone else play him?

This is pretty ridiculous. All these allegations are surfacing and nobody stops to ask to what extent these transgressions took place. It's pretty much a public persecution.
Banned
Oct 6, 2017
22 posts
2 upvotes
Supercooled wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 7:59 am
Kevin Spacey has been dumped and Netflix will continue to support the show. How does that work since Spacey was behind producing the show for Netflix? I guess he'd be content with the royalties and have someone else play him?

This is pretty ridiculous. All these allegations are surfacing and nobody stops to ask to what extent these transgressions took place. It's pretty much a public persecution.
He hasn't denied anything. His only response has been, "Oops, I'm gay". With a response like that, seeing you guys rally to defend him is pretty amusing!
My OG Rig: Core i7-920 @ 3GHz | 12GB RAM | GTX 560 Ti | 7TB storage
Deal Addict
May 28, 2009
1294 posts
86 upvotes
Toronto
More allegations of Kevin Spacey sexual wrongdoings not 30 years ago but on House of Cards filming location.

More Shocking Testimony Of Kevin Spacey's Criminal Sexual Behavior Emerges

Though Netflix pulled the plug this week on House of Cards after actor Kevin Spacey admitted to sexual assault on a 14-year old, it appears that Spacey's character Frank Underwood - a Machiavellian figure who wielded power by any means possible - may be a truer reflection of Spacey's actual personality and behavior than many in the film industry would care to admit. Yesterday multiple cast and crew members of the now defunct Netflix series came forward to tell CNN that Spacey created a "toxic" atmosphere on set in which his aggressive sexual behavior was something, as one camera assistant said, "everybody saw" - but which few formally complained about for fear that their careers would end.

The CNN story was published the same day that yet another man has come forward to say he had a sexual relationship with Kevin Spacey at the age of 14 - which included an attempted rape - while Spacey was an adult working on Broadway. Similar to now substantiated allegations against powerful movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, the floodgate of accusations has now opened against Spacey, and it is likely that more will continue to emerge in the coming weeks. Both embattled figures, who were until very recently among the most powerful in Hollywood, now say they are "seeking treatment" in isolation as accusations are quickly turning into police investigations in different parts of the globe.

And in the midst of this week's fallout, it's not only Netflix that has quickly dropped Spacey, but the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences announced that he will not be honored at the 2017 International Emmy Founders Award, having this week revoked his reward. But also like Weinstein, who appears to have assaulted women over a period of multiple decades, Spacey's behavior was apparently known all around Hollywood, to the point that it was referenced in a punchline in a 2005 episode of "The Family Guy".

Meanwhile, the testimonies from the House of Cards cast and crew couldn't be more shocking. One detailed account given to CNN from an unnamed former production assistant appears to have taken place in Maryland, near the House of Cards filming location:
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1151 posts
117 upvotes
Logtown
qewcool wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 10:47 am
More allegations of Kevin Spacey sexual wrongdoings not 30 years ago but on House of Cards filming location.

More Shocking Testimony Of Kevin Spacey's Criminal Sexual Behavior Emerges

Though Netflix pulled the plug this week on House of Cards after actor Kevin Spacey admitted to sexual assault on a 14-year old, it appears that Spacey's character Frank Underwood - a Machiavellian figure who wielded power by any means possible - may be a truer reflection of Spacey's actual personality and behavior than many in the film industry would care to admit. Yesterday multiple cast and crew members of the now defunct Netflix series came forward to tell CNN that Spacey created a "toxic" atmosphere on set in which his aggressive sexual behavior was something, as one camera assistant said, "everybody saw" - but which few formally complained about for fear that their careers would end.

The CNN story was published the same day that yet another man has come forward to say he had a sexual relationship with Kevin Spacey at the age of 14 - which included an attempted rape - while Spacey was an adult working on Broadway. Similar to now substantiated allegations against powerful movie mogul Harvey Weinstein, the floodgate of accusations has now opened against Spacey, and it is likely that more will continue to emerge in the coming weeks. Both embattled figures, who were until very recently among the most powerful in Hollywood, now say they are "seeking treatment" in isolation as accusations are quickly turning into police investigations in different parts of the globe.

And in the midst of this week's fallout, it's not only Netflix that has quickly dropped Spacey, but the International Academy of Television Arts & Sciences announced that he will not be honored at the 2017 International Emmy Founders Award, having this week revoked his reward. But also like Weinstein, who appears to have assaulted women over a period of multiple decades, Spacey's behavior was apparently known all around Hollywood, to the point that it was referenced in a punchline in a 2005 episode of "The Family Guy".

Meanwhile, the testimonies from the House of Cards cast and crew couldn't be more shocking. One detailed account given to CNN from an unnamed former production assistant appears to have taken place in Maryland, near the House of Cards filming location:
I see Spacey follows Bill Clinton on Twitter.. pretty fitting.
Deal Guru
Aug 20, 2012
10004 posts
905 upvotes
Pacific Ocean
Supercooled wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 7:59 am

He's not the creator or the production company, he's an EP. In the entertainment industry that title is often negotiated as part of the contract. For most part - unless you are actually an official studio executive producer who sits in the glass offices - it just means more pay, title credit, and influence on casting decisions. YES, he can and will be replaced.. or like I said from the beginning of the series he will off'ed and character killed on the show. There are rumors/rumblings of spin-off's including having Robin Wright as the lead... Which begs the question - she worked the closest with Spacey and must have known and seen some of the shenanigans. Very surprising there is nothing - no comment from her at all. Nada, nothing... at least not publicaly. You figure she would be one of the first to protect the cast and crew considering all the shit she went thru with Sean Penn.
If the glove don't fit you must acquit! #WINNING
Deal Addict
Aug 29, 2011
2495 posts
572 upvotes
Mississauga
Amiga500 wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 9:44 am
He hasn't denied anything. His only response has been, "Oops, I'm gay".
He hasn’t apologized for anything yet either.

And the fact that he conflated seducing a teenage boy 30 years ago with him coming out as a gay man today just gives more ammunition to those groups who’ve historically argued the ludicrous link between homosexuality and pedophilia.
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2017
1151 posts
117 upvotes
Logtown
aznnorth wrote:
Nov 4th, 2017 12:08 pm
He's not the creator or the production company, he's an EP. In the entertainment industry that title is often negotiated as part of the contract. For most part - unless you are actually an official studio executive producer who sits in the glass offices - it just means more pay, title credit, and influence on casting decisions. YES, he can and will be replaced.. or like I said from the beginning of the series he will off'ed and character killed on the show. There are rumors/rumblings of spin-off's including having Robin Wright as the lead... Which begs the question - she worked the closest with Spacey and must have known and seen some of the shenanigans. Very surprising there is nothing - no comment from her at all. Nada, nothing... at least not publicaly. You figure she would be one of the first to protect the cast and crew considering all the shit she went thru with Sean Penn.
I've never watched this show, and never will, but I'll gladly watch a Youtube video of how they kill him off.