• Last Updated:
  • Nov 22nd, 2017 1:55 pm
Aug 17, 2009
636 posts
302 upvotes
scoper wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 3:09 pm
http://www.cbc.ca/beta/news/entertainme ... -1.4397449

Wow, how many more will come forward with confessions? I feel sorry for all the people whose projects will be cancelled and jobs lost because of them.
oof, don't know if I would have recommended he do that. I hope he got legal advice before confessing. Typically the criminal justice system is hesitant to pursue celebs, unless they outright confess, or there is ample evidence against them.
Deal Guru
Apr 26, 2004
10155 posts
704 upvotes
Mississauga
Discount wrote:
Nov 7th, 2017 3:08 am
36000 per month? Lol. What the hell kind of rehab are they receiving!!
That's nothing. The famous Promises rehab facility in California that many celebs go to is $55,000/month, and you don't even get a private room for that amount! These amounts are a drop in the bucket for A-list celebrities.
Dec 22, 2014
495 posts
108 upvotes
Regina, SK
Micelli_Illuminatti wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 3:31 pm
oof, don't know if I would have recommended he do that. I hope he got legal advice before confessing. Typically the criminal justice system is hesitant to pursue celebs, unless they outright confess, or there is ample evidence against them.
I am pretty sure there was some consulting done before that statement was issued. The amount of time for it to be issued alone suggests it wasn't a quick response. That being said, he is confessing to stories that don't really have a lot of basis in criminal law. Even if any of the women tried to press charges it probably wouldn't amount to anything.
Aug 17, 2009
636 posts
302 upvotes
VicRav wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 5:05 pm
I am pretty sure there was some consulting done before that statement was issued. The amount of time for it to be issued alone suggests it wasn't a quick response. That being said, he is confessing to stories that don't really have a lot of basis in criminal law. Even if any of the women tried to press charges it probably wouldn't amount to anything.
Actually, no. Criminally, he could be charged (depending on the state where it happened) with indecency (i.e. exposing himself). Civil action could follow, suit. I'm not sure on the consultation part. I know many lawyers; I can't phantom any of them giving advice to confess without obtaining any leverage for so doing (i.e. complainants agreeing not to press criminal/civil charges).
Penalty Box
Aug 26, 2001
15825 posts
471 upvotes
Oak Ridges, ON
Nov 10th, 2017 5:15 pm
Actually, no. Criminally, he could be charged (depending on the state where it happened) with indecency (i.e. exposing himself). Civil action could follow, suit. I'm not sure on the consultation part. I know many lawyers; I can't phantom any of them giving advice to confess without obtaining any leverage for so doing (i.e. complainants agreeing not to press criminal/civil charges).
yes but what he did was nowhere close to the charges levelled against Harvey Weinstein or Kevin Spacey. Perhaps Louis CK thinks he has a good chance of getting through it with only moderate damage, and maybe try to resurrect his career in 2-3 years time?
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2949 posts
186 upvotes
AndySixx wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:41 pm
Problem is, you can't know everything about what your business partners do. A real businessman doesn't have time to sit there and babysit everyone he does business with.

As I've mentioned before about six degrees of separation, a concept I figured more people in a globalized world would understand, the chances that Person A has a business partner, Person B, who has business Partners C, D, E, and F, and any one of those are someone who has done something that would cause public outrage/backlash (whether sexual harassment, fraud, or anything else), is pretty high. Even more-so, the more connections you get, it becomes inevitable that you're going to be doing business with someone unscrupulous, to put it nicely.

Of course, this is not comparable to the HW issue (his is systemic problems which include enabling and concerted effort to run whistleblowers out of the industry), but more a retort to your claim which seems a bit outside the realm of realistic. If we all cut ties with someone who did business some random people found offensive/distasteful/heinous, wouldn't be making any money.
That's not what he said. or implied. He said making money trump the harassment.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Penalty Box
Aug 23, 2006
2949 posts
186 upvotes
AndySixx wrote:
Nov 10th, 2017 1:41 pm
Problem is, you can't know everything about what your business partners do. A real businessman doesn't have time to sit there and babysit everyone he does business with.

As I've mentioned before about six degrees of separation, a concept I figured more people in a globalized world would understand, the chances that Person A has a business partner, Person B, who has business Partners C, D, E, and F, and any one of those are someone who has done something that would cause public outrage/backlash (whether sexual harassment, fraud, or anything else), is pretty high. Even more-so, the more connections you get, it becomes inevitable that you're going to be doing business with someone unscrupulous, to put it nicely.

Of course, this is not comparable to the HW issue (his is systemic problems which include enabling and concerted effort to run whistleblowers out of the industry), but more a retort to your claim which seems a bit outside the realm of realistic. If we all cut ties with someone who did business some random people found offensive/distasteful/heinous, wouldn't be making any money.
And CKs sexual harassment roomers were at least 6-8 months before Harvey. All this was well known as it was for Dr Huxtable AKA Bill Cosby. In fact Bill Maher talked about this on CNN larry King Show years back. Sometimes you need a tripping point to all this come out.
“There are some things money can’t buy, and for everything else there’s MasterCard. Well, get out your checkbooks ladies and gentlemen, because it seems like the entire liberal cabinet can be bought. TRUDEAU: I CAN’T BE BOUGHT...LMAO. Because its 2017
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
120 upvotes
Logtown
Coming across old classmates back in California who are in the industry (Hollywood) and now coming forth with details of how they were told they had to perform some sex acts to get anywhere. They complied willingly. Now they want to call it sexual harassment, despite willingly perpetuating systemic deviancy, and are wanting hero status for jumping on this expedient bandwagon -- a huge slap in the face to women who came out with it and had their careers ruined. It's pretty comical these attempts to clear their conscience for doing nothing heroic whatsoever. So much phony.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
1321 posts
28 upvotes
Oct 5th, 2017 5:20 pm
Careful now. In today's society, there are certain minorities AND political party, that one best avoid criticizing, as they can do no wrong. There is a double-standard. I'm sure all the polarization we see happening has nothing to do with it. This will blow over. Really soon. Unlike a Caucasian rich guy we constantly keep hearing about (cough...Trump...cough).
You are the man! Did anyone reply to you? I didn't notice any replies. You're the only one who isn't a coward. But, then again, the mods would shut it down and remove the 'offending' post faster than you can blink.
Aug 17, 2009
636 posts
302 upvotes
teleguitar wrote:
Nov 11th, 2017 5:51 am
You are the man! Did anyone reply to you? I didn't notice any replies. You're the only one who isn't a coward. But, then again, the mods would shut it down and remove the 'offending' post faster than you can blink.
Shhh! Quiet. They'll hear you. But thanks! Smiling Face With Sunglasses And no, no one replied, except you.
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
120 upvotes
Logtown
What happened to this thread? It was gone, then back, then gone, then back..

So much material lately.
Aug 17, 2009
636 posts
302 upvotes
CBS and PBS fire Charlie Rose, after over 25 years of working for them, after allegations of sexual misconduct surfaced against him.

What is sexual misconduct? How is that different than sexual assault? If someone's walking around naked around you and you don't feel comfortable, here's a thought: leave! And if he did grope them, that's not misconduct, that's assault, as in sexual assault. So, why isn't he charged? Why haven't the complainants made a formal complaint with the police?
Banned
Aug 2, 2017
1219 posts
120 upvotes
Logtown
Nov 21st, 2017 3:41 pm
CBS and PBS fire Charlie Rose, after over 25 years of working for them, after allegations of sexual misconduct surfaced against him.

What is sexual misconduct? How is that different than sexual assault? If someone's walking around naked around you and you don't feel comfortable, here's a thought: leave! And if he did grope them, that's not misconduct, that's assault, as in sexual assault. So, why isn't he charged? Why haven't the complainants made a formal complaint with the police?
Some might realize that:

- They have no chance in court without proof
- Equally, they can just get someone fired by accusation, no need to pursue further
Deal Guru
Dec 4, 2010
14540 posts
1095 upvotes
Toronto
John lassetter of toy story fame became the latest casualty. He apparently hug a lot of female co-workers.