Home & Garden

December time...time for Air Conditioner talk (prices going up 20% due to copper???)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2006 4:36 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Fanatic
Jan 16, 2003
6240 posts
90 upvotes
All right. Straight from a source I trust:

the cost of copper in an AC might be 100 - 200$... I call ******** on what the guy from Harding told you! :cheesygri He also said that waiting until spring might be a good idea because of the ontario govt rebates for the energy efficients ACs (ie SEER 14+...)

I'll do some more digging...
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2001
6014 posts
39 upvotes
Ottawa
mart242 wrote:
Dec 19th, 2006 4:10 pm
All right. Straight from a source I trust:

the cost of copper in an AC might be 100 - 200$... I call ******** on what the guy from Harding told you! :cheesygri He also said that waiting until spring might be a good idea because of the ontario govt rebates for the energy efficients ACs (ie SEER 14+...)

I'll do some more digging...
yep - please do...this is helpful....

My contact isn't back from vacation until the new year, so I'll have to wait until then anyways...

Traditionally hasn't the Ontario Gov't Rebates been based on 'trading' in your old one? So, for those of us with new houses, this is pretty much useless....
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
1778 posts
265 upvotes
Copper prices have actually come down quite a bit recently. They peaked in the summer, and have been generally declining ever since. Always take a salesman's "advice" with a grain of salt, or better yet do your own research.