Decent car underbody wash in Toronto

• Last Updated:
  • May 6th, 2017 7:16 pm
Mar 25, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote

Decent car underbody wash in Toronto

Greetings! New to Toronto and Canada.

I learned from http://retail.petro-canada.ca/en/carwas ... ashes.aspx Petro-Canada Super Wash Basic washes underbody of the car. However as I tried it today the muffler and lower control arms are all dry after pulling out of the tunnel. Very disappointed.

What are the descent underbody washes in Toronto? I would like a widely available and affordable option so that I can get a spray after each winter storm. I also want a very through wash when the snow season is over. Thanks.
Last edited by AndreasBVB on Mar 26th, 2017 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
8 replies
Mar 21, 2017
7 posts
for winter time, as long as you park outside, you don't need to worry about it. salt won't work on your car.
in spring, you can wash it on your drive way or coin wash or send to shop.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7847 posts
9211 upvotes
Vancouver
I would only trust yourself for the underbody.

Buy a spray wand for your garden hose and soak the underbody for 20 minutes. Water is free. Even if you pay someone to do it, I doubt they will spend time to turn the wheels from side to side to reach the struts and springs.
Mar 25, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
Who has a thing like this? I live in a condo so no way... I would like to pay cash to get such a spray...
Please PM. Thanks!
Mar 25, 2017
7 posts
1 upvote
Nasty part is I park in a heated underground, which means the salt does work, whenever of the year...
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2007
1263 posts
803 upvotes
Toronto
I grabbed one of these: http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/conti ... p.html#srp

I'm a bit against using a pressure washer under the car... worried that the pressure will force salt/dirt/dust/sand deeper into bushings and other 'sealed' components.
AndreasBVB wrote: Nasty part is I park in a heated underground, which means the salt does work, whenever of the year...
My dream is for condo parking garages to have an underwash that you drive through as you drive in.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2005
5853 posts
1695 upvotes
doing a spray after each winter storm will do more harm than good

rust proof your car at least every 2 years and wash it when you feel like it over the winter

unless you have a mazda it will still be fine in 10 years