Fashion & Apparel

Decent quality running shoe for under $100?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 10th, 2017 8:53 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2006
1333 posts
252 upvotes
Toronto

Decent quality running shoe for under $100?

Is this even possible anymore? Seems like most start at $120 and go up to over $200.
I’m talking the likes of Adidas, Nike, New Balance, Asics.

I suppose they can charge more with every new ‘technological’ improvements from Air, to Boost, or Foam cushioning.
In the end, they’re still basically cheaply produced in some factory in Vietnam.
Sorry for the rant. Just don’t like paying upwards of $150 for runners.
12 replies
Dec 7, 2009
141 posts
51 upvotes
burbs
If you are in the east end you could try Si Vu Play on Steeles in Etobicoke (they also have a location in Vaughan but selection was terrible). They typically sell end-of-lines but usually have a good selection, thus they are always busy. I bought a pair of Asics that retailed at about $180.00 for $49.00. They had a big selection at $39.00.

They also had a good selection of discounted running wear.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
11109 posts
1532 upvotes
City of Vancouver
Try the Adidas outlet store.
De gustibus non est disputandum
Crazy people will make even sane people crazy.
Mar 27, 2009
541 posts
65 upvotes
check out this podcast.

not sure how easy it is to find them in Canada, but listened to the podcast not that long ago and sounds like a good shoe.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
6849 posts
1002 upvotes
The trick is look for sales where reg. $200~300 price shoes are going for below $100, that way you will get a quality shoes closer to your budget.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Dec 28, 2012
273 posts
23 upvotes
Toronto
Go to the Nike store at Vaughan Mills......
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2004
4055 posts
504 upvotes
Thornhill
blindemboss wrote:
Nov 26th, 2017 9:49 am
Is this even possible anymore? Seems like most start at $120 and go up to over $200.
I’m talking the likes of Adidas, Nike, New Balance, Asics.

I suppose they can charge more with every new ‘technological’ improvements from Air, to Boost, or Foam cushioning.
In the end, they’re still basically cheaply produced in some factory in Vietnam.
Sorry for the rant. Just don’t like paying upwards of $150 for runners.
Every 2 years I update my Reebok/Addidas(same brand) and typically buy them at around $45-55/pair. I never spent more than $60 on runners in my life! Just wait for 50% sales/end of year sales/last season sales.
If you are on a budget, do consider Walmart. They sell decent stuff that is probably made at the same factories and they cost $20-30. I have some that I bought 5 years ago to use for backyard,but these outlived all others and are the most comfortable.
Aug 16, 2017
163 posts
14 upvotes
asics outlet in vaughn mills you can get running shoes for like ~60$
Deal Addict
Aug 16, 2010
4009 posts
562 upvotes
Aurora
Sure you can. If you have no foot issues like pronation / flat feet requiring shoes with stability and motion control then you can pretty much run in any cheap neutral shoe. I have terrible feet which turn this way and that and have to get the expensive shoes to run properly.
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
1174 posts
305 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
I used to pay well over $120 a pair of shoes and now I pay no more then $50 because shoes go on sale all the time. The market has been very competitive that it's been good for consumer and slow for businesses. If you wait a couple of months the price will likely drop down to 50%.

The Reebok outlet store right now have an additional 40% discount on already reduced prices. Their shoes is just as good as Nike and Adidas so it's worth checking out. It's all going to be made in Vietnam or China anyways.
Aug 23, 2013
675 posts
197 upvotes
Scarborough
You can find some good running shoes on sale in the outlet section of the Nike online site for sub $100.
Aug 15, 2015
178 posts
30 upvotes
Markham, ON
Plenty under $100.00. (only responding to your title)

Edit 1: You are not talking about 100 Yen? If you can find quality running shoes for under one hundred Japanese yen, please let me know