Defense Grid Kickstarter Pledge Tier for $95 includes AMD Radeon 6770

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 9th, 2012 6:54 pm
Aug 30, 2007
52 posts
27 upvotes
Hamilton, ON

Defense Grid Kickstarter Pledge Tier for $95 includes AMD Radeon 6770

I'm not affiliated with Hidden Path but I am a big fan of the Tower Defense game called Defense Grid. They have started a kickstarter to raise funds for Defense Grid 2.

If you pledge a minimum of $15 you get the original game, the upcoming Containment DLC and a copy of Defense Grid 2. To make the higher priced pledge tiers more interesting they've partnered up with AMD and Razer to include video cards and mice.

The reason I'm posting here is the kickstarter has been overshadowed by a few others (Ouya, etc) and they are not getting the press they need. To help attract pledges they've released a limited number (25) of AMD Radeon 6770 video cards for $95 and they include all of the $50 pledge tier perks. Here is everything you get for the $95 pledge (Add $20 for international shipping) if they attract approximately $70k and meet their minimum target of $250k:
-One steam license for Defense Grid with all of the DLC (sent within an hour of pledging)
-digital copy of the soundtrack for Defense Grid
-One copy of the upcoming DG: Containment DLC
-PDF Art Book of concept art for DG: Containment
-One copy of Defense Grid 2
-digital copy of the soundrack for Defense Grid 2
-PDF Art Book of concept art for Defense Grid 2
-level visualizer to design and submit map ideas
-access to each of the beta versions
-your name listed as a Bronze backer within the game
-ringtone using the Defense Grid theme
-desktop wallpaper pack with concept art from DG: Containment and Defense Grid 2
-AMD Radeon 6770 (shipped in September). These video cards retail for $120 on their own.

If you are interested in the game but not this pledge please take a look at the kickstarter. You can pledge any amount but rewards start at $15 with physical goods rewards starting at $55
13 replies
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
21223 posts
6990 upvotes
GTA
I never finished Defense Grid, I got stuck on one level and it frustrated the hell outta me. But I love TD games, I'll probably boot it up and play again.

Multiplayer DG2 sounds great.
Mar 3, 2012
231 posts
39 upvotes
Winnipeg
Oatmeal25 wrote: -One steam license for Defense Grid with all of the DLC (sent within an hour of pledging)
It looks like you only get the original game sent out as a Steam key immediately, the DLC and other content available after funding.
Aug 30, 2007
52 posts
27 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
There's one level early that can be a bit of a pain. At least they have a rewind button as well as additional modes like Practice and Fully Loaded (all towers on maps that don't normally have them) to help learn the towers and where to best place them.

They are hosting in-game contests too. Look for the DG2 Contests button on the main menu. This week there are two "find the easter egg" contests (use the in-game cheat code =riotmod along with a game controller to free-move the camera around the levels) and three levels to complete.
Aug 30, 2007
52 posts
27 upvotes
Hamilton, ON
ZTELKR wrote: It looks like you only get the original game sent out as a Steam key immediately, the DLC and other content available after funding.
I received the game and all DG1 DLC immediately when I pledged. The Containment DLC and DG2 have yet to be built.
Deal Addict
Nov 27, 2003
1896 posts
181 upvotes
I will pledge for this one. Hidden Path deserves it, those games were amazing.
Mar 3, 2012
231 posts
39 upvotes
Winnipeg
Oatmeal25 wrote: I received the game and all DG1 DLC immediately when I pledged. The Containment DLC and DG2 have yet to be built.
Good to know, it doesn't say anything about them sending the DLC at the $30 pledge point, only the original game at $15.
Aug 22, 2007
770 posts
118 upvotes
Markham
I love TD games, got defense grid when it first came out and enjoyed it. Still play it from time to time on my laptop when i'm travelling. I'll back em up for their sequel.

ps. warcraft 3 FT tower defense games still are the best :)
May 27, 2007
242 posts
26 upvotes
I pledged, but the situation for them is looking grim, not sure if they'll meet the basic goal.
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2002
3543 posts
2128 upvotes
the Radeon HD 6770 is average $120 retail. $95 seems appealing :)
Mar 3, 2012
231 posts
39 upvotes
Winnipeg
Redscott wrote: the Radeon HD 6770 is average $120 retail. $95 seems appealing :)
$20 extra for shipping brings it to $115. The card may MSRP at $120, but it's more of a $100 card, and dropping. Still a pretty good deal depending on the need for a "new" card, as the games are great and supports the developer.
Apr 23, 2011
916 posts
259 upvotes
Newcastle
I can't believe they are wanting $1,000,000.00 to make a new tower defense game. Thats pretty crazy.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
4420 posts
313 upvotes
Toronto
Is the game that good? I saw it on steam for dirt cheap before $5 maybe and I was tempted to buy but i saw it wasn't multiplayer. Worth the money to spend?
Nothing to see here...keep looking.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2007
21266 posts
6251 upvotes
Poormond Hill
The great thing about Kickstarter is that if the game fail, the developers don't lose much or anything. The money that funded the game all came from people who wants to play it.
A life spent making mistakes is not only more memorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.