Tags:
None
Deal Expert
May 17, 2008
15134 posts
158 upvotes
roy86 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2010 5:41 pm
lmao.. seems to be that hot girls dont really have a problem of making it in tbe stripper industry..

ive seen many strippers driving sports cars..
lol, I guess the question is, how have you seen what kind of cars "many" strippers drive?
Deal Expert
May 17, 2008
15134 posts
158 upvotes
citizen22 wrote:
Aug 7th, 2010 1:25 pm
Problem lies with companies.
Time to regulate profits vs. employee salary.

If the company can record xM profit, a huge portion of that should be deferred back to employees in the form of bonuses.

Oh, but shareholders don't agree with real profit sharing, only the type of profit sharing where employees receive pennies on the dollar of what the collective rake is.
This is the situation in some companies. There is a trade off though. People who's income is closely related to the performance of the company have to take pay cuts, or even essentially work for free, when the company is going through hard times.

Most people prefer to negotiate their salary based on their value to the company, and get a steady pay cheque.
May 31, 2010
28 posts
toronto
BornRuff wrote:
Aug 7th, 2010 5:46 pm
lol, I guess the question is, how have you seen what kind of cars "many" strippers drive?
umm I used to live near a strip club in windsor.. mustangs and all the nice bmws used to roll by.. usually of high earning strippers lol

good career prospect if you are hot girls!! :P
Banned
Jul 8, 2009
4006 posts
125 upvotes
vanskelig wrote:
Aug 7th, 2010 5:32 pm
I know you were trying to make a point but I seem to have missed it. Could you try again?
point is, plenty of students come out with shi-t jobs, it doesn't m,atter if it is a private or public school. If you have a degree that leads art, then who is going to pay $50 an hour? art is a self made thing, we don't live in 1602 where people pay big money for art, most artist are poor and always have been. You can have a ph.d in art, and you won't make more than$20 an hour in the art industry outside of academia. art pays crappy.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13794 posts
1304 upvotes
kabza wrote:
Aug 7th, 2010 12:57 pm
Most of these private "colleges" should be shut down and banned. Atleast until proper oversight/regulations/standards can be established.
Agreed. The problem is that there is no official regulatory body for private Colleges and Universities. The regulatory bodies they do subscribe to, are also privately owned and funded. This means that nobody is accrediting the accreditors who give the accreditations to students.

Public Universities and Colleges have federal and provincial regulations, as much of the funding is subsidized by the taxpayer. So, of course we're getting a better education from a public school. They are representing the interests of the public, with the public's money.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Check out caRpetbomBer's picks in this thread.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13794 posts
1304 upvotes
A.Marshall wrote:
Aug 7th, 2010 2:22 pm
Also, the for-profit high schools in the US are some of the best in the country. A lot of them are feeder schools for the Ivy Leagues. Eventually, competition will force the for-profit colleges to increase their teaching standards.
This is the other side of it. People are getting an education based on the class they were born into. Thus, they are given better odds at realizing their maximum potential. This is not a socially responsible way to run an education system. Keep in mind, that this is a US phenomenon, and a product of hyper-capitalism. We generally don't suffer this sort of inequity here, and for that I'm grateful.

I definitely think that all education needs to be forcibly stripped from the private sector and given to the public. If parents with money to blow, want to donate their time and money to their kids' school, then they can do that, but I would have us working under a core system of complete and unbiased equal opportunity.

But that's not why private Colleges in Canada are sheisty. That problem won't be corrected by free market competition. Their entire profit base is centred on misrepresentation and aggressive marketing, usually to students who aren't aware of their options.

There are a few exceptions that come to mind, that specialize in things like music and recording arts, but the vast majority of diploma mills don't have infrastructure to provide an education on par with national standards. As such, we need to be very careful about how we let these places operate.
In a perfect system, corporations would fear the government and the government would fear the people. - David Wong

Deal Expert
May 17, 2008
15134 posts
158 upvotes
Syne wrote:
Aug 8th, 2010 6:44 am
This is the other side of it. People are getting an education based on the class they were born into. Thus, they are given better odds at realizing their maximum potential. This is not a socially responsible way to run an education system. Keep in mind, that this is a US phenomenon, and a product of hyper-capitalism. We generally don't suffer this sort of inequity here, and for that I'm grateful.
If you think this doesn't happen in Canada you're crazy. Post secondary education is expensive here as well.
Mar 29, 2009
367 posts
61 upvotes
Wow, this chick has no luck. Can't make it in the gaming industry or the stripper industry. Either that or she's lying about her income.
Deal Addict
May 15, 2010
2000 posts
113 upvotes
North York
If the video game companies were smart, they would hire many chicks like this to just sit around and talk to all the programmer nerds. Then when they advertise for programmers, they could just include a picture of a hot chick in the job ad and say if you work here, you'll get to talk to her. They'd get all the best programmers.
Banned
Jul 8, 2009
4006 posts
125 upvotes
Syne wrote:
Aug 8th, 2010 6:36 am
Agreed. The problem is that there is no official regulatory body for private Colleges and Universities. The regulatory bodies they do subscribe to, are also privately owned and funded. This means that nobody is accrediting the accreditors who give the accreditations to students.

Public Universities and Colleges have federal and provincial regulations, as much of the funding is subsidized by the taxpayer. So, of course we're getting a better education from a public school. They are representing the interests of the public, with the public's money.
Thats not true, private career colleges are regulated by the provincial governments. Further plently of people from public colleges like yorku, trentu, ryerson u, have no jobs or ****** jobs, but no one is calling for them to be shut down.

The reality is not that private career colleges are evil because of free market capitalism, it is that the public colleges are evil because of a closed market that gives them a stranglehold over the accredited university sector. That is no government will say yorku is crap diploma mill no matter how many former students say the degrees they got in arts lead to nowhere because the government and peers accredited it. This is far worse than the private system.

Why are private high schools considered far superior to the public system? The answer is you get what you pay for. Pay 10k more for year of school and you get better teachers. Yet we do not see this in the university market because you must bribe the psuedo government accrediation agencies 15 million to become an accredited school. In other words, accredited public school are just a big money making racket and they only are justified by claiming all other schools are scams or inferior.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
8223 posts
528 upvotes
Toronto
something is wrong with this story.

either she's a horrible artist or a terrible stripper, probably both.

she can't find a job in the video game industry when artists, animators, modellers and mappers are sorely in short supply. Can she not use Maya, 3DS MAX, or Softimage XSI? If not that's fail art school or she's just horrible and/or prepared badly.

and 400-1000 stripping a week? is this in the lobby of her building cuz that sounds like horrible pay when some strippers make that a night.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13794 posts
1304 upvotes
jungeon wrote:
Aug 9th, 2010 2:52 am
Thats not true, private career colleges are regulated by the provincial governments. Further plently of people from public colleges like yorku, trentu, ryerson u, have no jobs or ****** jobs, but no one is calling for them to be shut down.
We're talking accreditation, right?. Private Colleges must be registered and licensed by the Province, but accreditation can be either an independent agency (such as the OACC and CETAC) --or-- they can seek external (see: private) accreditation by agencies such as the NACC. The NACC is a private interest group, so their accreditation is essentially worthless.
http://www.schoolsincanada.com/Career-C ... Canada.cfm
The reality is not that private career colleges are evil because of free market capitalism, it is that the public colleges are evil because of a closed market that gives them a stranglehold over the accredited university sector. That is no government will say yorku is crap diploma mill no matter how many former students say the degrees they got in arts lead to nowhere because the government and peers accredited it. This is far worse than the private system.
How would you prefer it to work? Should the government allow students who can't afford University to pay full tuition? Who is going to fund it? I don't know about you, but I don't want to subsidize my taxes to private companies, most of whom operate out of the US. I'd rather my elected officials call the shots, and make the standards.
Why are private high schools considered far superior to the public system? The answer is you get what you pay for. Pay 10k more for year of school and you get better teachers. Yet we do not see this in the university market because you must bribe the psuedo government accrediation agencies 15 million to become an accredited school. In other words, accredited public school are just a big money making racket and they only are justified by claiming all other schools are scams or inferior.
Private high schools are not that common in Canada, and especially not in Ontario. This is largely because post-secondary schools are not permitted to weigh private school graduates differently on admission.

It's called social responsibility, and it allows children from all backgrounds to have an equal shot at a decent education.

Mar 9, 2010
920 posts
83 upvotes
belowzeros wrote:
Aug 9th, 2010 3:14 am
something is wrong with this story.

either she's a horrible artist or a terrible stripper, probably both.

she can't find a job in the video game industry when artists, animators, modellers and mappers are sorely in short supply. Can she not use Maya, 3DS MAX, or Softimage XSI? If not that's fail art school or she's just horrible and/or prepared badly.

and 400-1000 stripping a week? is this in the lobby of her building cuz that sounds like horrible pay when some strippers make that a night.
I can use all those programs and i can't find a job in video gaming.

the problem here is this.

The video gaming industry is separate into 2 category (i think).

1. The big guys. where you need to come from some crazy projects or some high valued schools

or

2. the small hidden group. These groups are well hidden and usually is a small group range from alone to few ingroup.

If she can't get into either, she is label out of the industry already. Most artist are freelancer, they post stuff on portfolio website for GFX artist.

good freelancers are everywhere, and there are the amateurs.
Deal Addict
Jun 20, 2010
2219 posts
499 upvotes
Syne wrote:
Aug 9th, 2010 4:20 am
We're talking accreditation, right?. Private Colleges must be registered and licensed by the Province, but accreditation can be either an independent agency (such as the OACC and CETAC) --or-- they can seek external (see: private) accreditation by agencies such as the NACC. The NACC is a private interest group, so their accreditation is essentially worthless.
http://www.schoolsincanada.com/Career-C ... Canada.cfm

How would you prefer it to work? Should the government allow students who can't afford University to pay full tuition? Who is going to fund it? I don't know about you, but I don't want to subsidize my taxes to private companies, most of whom operate out of the US. I'd rather my elected officials call the shots, and make the standards.

Private high schools are not that common in Canada, and especially not in Ontario. This is largely because post-secondary schools are not permitted to weigh private school graduates differently on admission.

It's called social responsibility, and it allows children from all backgrounds to have an equal shot at a decent education.
Syne, why the hell should we listen to anything you have to say? You're like 30 years old in still in first year. Get a job.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2009
13794 posts
1304 upvotes
Reported