Food & Drink

Delcious Food Show - Oct 21st Oct 23rd - Thoughts?

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 24th, 2011 12:06 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2008
3203 posts
216 upvotes
West Side GTA

Delcious Food Show - Oct 21st Oct 23rd - Thoughts?

I was down at the bicycle show the other day and saw advertisement along the lakeshore about this Delicious Food Show happening on the 21st and 23rd of Oct.

Anyone gone before? Worth it? Is it like the wine and cheese expo which was super long wait lines and uber expensive "tickets"?

Thanks.

http://deliciousfoodshow.com/

some info from their website
21 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2006
9348 posts
1548 upvotes
Toronto
Looks interesting.. that's for the heads up.
Deal Fanatic
May 23, 2003
8556 posts
584 upvotes
GTA
No one has gone before because it is the first year they are doing it :)

It is put on by the same people behind the One of a Kind show with support/sponsorship from Food Network.

I am taking the risk and going to go next weekend.

If you are interested in going, buy your tickets via Groupon today or tomorrow. They are a featured deal for Toronto area (look on the side bar). 2 for 1 admission ticket. I will be curious to see what happens but I figure to see some of the speakers it will be worth it for an afternoon of entertainment.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
1472 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
Should be a good show for any foodie.

Its anything to do with food, there are restaurants, food manufacturers, kitchen gadgets ect. Very small companies to very large companies participating.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
5976 posts
1160 upvotes
Scarborough
Looks interesting but I'm wondering if tasting samples are only available on the Thursday opening night.
Those opting for the Delicious! opening night party get to observe the cuisine-conjuring skills of some of the top names in the comestibles industry, including chef Pat Newton and Chef Corbin, Dinner Party Wars. Throughout the evening, guests are encouraged to partake in cocktail and gourmet food samples whipped up by notable food caterers.
From Fri - Sun I don't see anything about actually tasting food.
The Food Network Delicious Food Show engages consumers with a delectable opening party followed by three days of cooking demonstrations, hands-on food seminars, and live presentations from celebrity chefs.
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
1472 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2011 3:30 pm
Looks interesting but I'm wondering if tasting samples are only available on the Thursday opening night.

From Fri - Sun I don't see anything about actually tasting food.

Definitely you will find companies sampling food for the whole show. Any manufacturing company who hopes to promote their product will. Will there be a lot of sampling though? Depends on the mix of companies.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
5976 posts
1160 upvotes
Scarborough
canguy9999 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2011 5:14 pm
Definitely you will find companies sampling food for the whole show. Any manufacturing company who hopes to promote their product will. Will there be a lot of sampling though? Depends on the mix of companies.

Now that I've looked through the list of exhibitors you're probably right. Hopefully it will be like the Good Food Festival (back in it's heyday)
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
1472 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Oct 17th, 2011 6:44 pm
Now that I've looked through the list of exhibitors you're probably right. Hopefully it will be like the Good Food Festival (back in it's heyday)

Well really, it has to be better than the current Good Food Festival.

I'm expecting this show to be one pretty good, the one of a kind show is a good show and I don't think they would attempt to half ass a big show like this that has a lot of potential. We don't have any really good food shows in Toronto anymore.

This is the first year though so I think they will pull out the stops for presenters/demonstrations and if it goes well you'll see an even larger lift in exhibitors next year.
Deal Addict
Sep 25, 2005
3847 posts
287 upvotes
North York
Too bad the parking fee ruins this.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2010
2387 posts
264 upvotes
Toronto
in!

taking public transpo would cost more and a hassle for this one
plus me and wife usually end up buying something whenever we go to places like this, heh
Free: 1. ShawDirect receivers
Looking for: 1. Cheapo 3/4g tablet
For Sale: 1. Thomson DCM476 Cable Modem
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
15754 posts
1242 upvotes
GTA West
Can't you just take the Go Train to exhibition to get there?
- Not Collecting AIR MILES Since 2016/07 -
- Casual Gastronomist -
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2006
1472 posts
51 upvotes
Toronto
I scored tickets to the VIP night, wow was it a great show.

I don't know how the VIP night will vary from the regular days, other then I don't think they'll be giving out the same amount of free drinks(Free Tall Boy upon entering, Free Vodka, Mixed Drinks, Wine, Ice Wine). But there was a lot of samples, a lot more food companies than I expected. Lesser known food companies, smaller, but a lot of higher end or gourmet type companies.

A lot of the items being sold are a bit more expensive, but thats understandable since it is smaller gourmet type companies.

This show was much more classy than the Good Food Festival or other food shows I've been to.
× < >