• Jun 4th, 2012 11:37 pm
Tags:
None
41 replies
Oct 23, 2011
347 posts
62 upvotes
Etobicoke
Hey man if she wants to settle privately... then get a quote from the mechanic and then present her with the bill.

Chances are she will balk when the price tag is shown, in that case just keep pressuring her that she probably doesn't want the insurance companies involved!
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2008
1720 posts
742 upvotes
Go through Insurance companies
She seems like she is dishonest in life, so why deal and haggle with her on what she has to pay?
And perhaps tell her to go back to Driver's School! :D
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2670 posts
277 upvotes
sappo569 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2012 2:27 pm
Hey man if she wants to settle privately... then get a quote from the mechanic and then present her with the bill.

Chances are she will balk when the price tag is shown, in that case just keep pressuring her that she probably doesn't want the insurance companies involved!

Yeah, I hope that doesn't happen. She asked if 3000 to 4000 would be a reasonable number. Of course, I said I didn't know since I've never had to repair a collision. At least it wasn't a truck that backed into me...
BlackJays wrote:
Mar 13th, 2010 6:02 pm
shame has been acheived
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
4256 posts
328 upvotes
I would totally keep the 4000 and get a cheap touch up done on it. Its a 2002 anyways. She practically paid half of your car already with 4000.

For those people that are going to flame me, why does it matter? it was her fault, you didn't ask for more than how much to fix it. You took the amount it cost to fix, and decide to not fix and live with the damaged vehicle instead. Now if you milk her for more than what the repair wouldve cost, then thats another story.
Mar 12, 2011
382 posts
11 upvotes
ET
pm sent i don't think is expensive.

BMW COUPE = looking for $250 - MAX $400 will be good enough for dents and paint

i got worst than the BMW while i was driving my c280 2007 with dent + scratch and paint and coating the mechanic (body Shop) charges me $200 cash tho remember is CASH PRICE with no receipt

TOYOTA COROLLA = bumper replacement NEW aftermarket will cost her $250.00 or even $200 will do so. with painted NEW bumper INSTALLED
same body shop ( mechanic )had the front back bumper installed brand new with aftermarket with paint + coating finished front bumper cost $250 back bumper cost me $200.00 FOR my TOYOTA CAMRY 2007

if paying CASH you can get better quotation too.

no need to harassed her okay. BE NICE, i think she is nice enough to pay cash offer settlement. just tell her the price of dent plus your TIME and rental car.

Very kind of her for protecting her insurance rates and YOUR insurance rates

PLEASE DO NOT milk her money

good luck

when shopping for prices you just need to snap shot the area is damage and describe to the body shop or mechanic the area need fixed or replace. these guys already know and + very experienced how badly damage the area are by looks of the pictures. i am saying all the body shop and mechanic
Make it a GREAT day!
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2159 posts
360 upvotes
Oshawa
Get quotes from 3 places ... let her choose. Gotta do this in 48 hours.

Write up another note stating that she was at fault and is willing to pay for the entire repair costs at the location she agreed upon.

Take her D/L ... Insurance Policy ... Plate # ... VIN ...

If she does not comply ... go to the Collision Reporting Centre and go through insurance.

If she says she has to fix hers ... well that's too bad ... she caused the accident.

Her cost to repair her bumper has absolutely nothing to do with your car.

BTW .. she asian??
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2670 posts
277 upvotes
soKying wrote:
Apr 19th, 2012 2:42 pm

TOYOTA COROLLA = bumper replacement NEW aftermarket will cost her $250.00 or even $200 will do so. with painted NEW bumper INSTALLED

no need to harassed her okay. BE NICE, i think she is nice enough to pay cash offer settlement. just tell her the price of dent plus your TIME and rental car.

PLEASE dont millk her money

good luck
I don't plan to milk her money at all. If she is cooperative through all of this I will use the least expensive place that repairs it to original condition. I gave her the option if she wanted to contact police, insurance, or settle privately. She opted to settle privately. Thanks for the info!
AV-Fishing wrote:
Apr 19th, 2012 2:44 pm
Get quotes from 3 places ... let her choose. Gotta do this in 48 hours.

Write up another note stating that she was at fault and is willing to pay for the entire repair costs at the location she agreed upon.

Take her D/L ... Insurance Policy ... Plate # ... VIN ...

If she does not comply ... go to the Collision Reporting Centre and go through insurance.

If she says she has to fix hers ... well that's too bad ... she caused the accident.

Her cost to repair her bumper has absolutely nothing to do with your car.

BTW .. she asian??
She's an older 50ish? Caucasian woman and she said that the damage to her car is nothing and she probably won't even bother fixing it.
BlackJays wrote:
shame has been acheived
Jun 21, 2009
826 posts
174 upvotes
Experienced drivers (like yourself) should always pay max attention in parking lots. ;)

Settle it privately unless she starts playing games. Don't feel obligated to look for cheaper quotes at shady body shops, e.g. her cousin's place, etc. Not sure if filing a collision report is automatically linked with insurance, but you should have a backup plan of some sort.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 7, 2010
7970 posts
749 upvotes
azncapcom wrote:
Apr 19th, 2012 2:41 pm
I would totally keep the 4000 and get a cheap touch up done on it. Its a 2002 anyways. She practically paid half of your car already with 4000.

For those people that are going to flame me, why does it matter? it was her fault, you didn't ask for more than how much to fix it. You took the amount it cost to fix, and decide to not fix and live with the damaged vehicle instead. Now if you milk her for more than what the repair wouldve cost, then thats another story.

The OP said he only had the car for a month. So it's a good idea for him to keep his new used car in good condition. It's fair that the OP go get 3 quotes from garages and have it restore it back to original condition before the accident.

If the lady is willing to walk away with paying him cash, then it's up to her. It's not up to the OP to decide if he wants cash over getting it repaired.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 6, 2007
5631 posts
1283 upvotes
Dude, they all act apologetic and sorry and take full responsibility RIGHT when it happens. But when a bit of time passes and they see how much the repair bill is, they retract and start getting ugly. They'll try to persuade you to go to a different garage or "their friend" to get repairs so they don't have to shell out as much. Save yourself the trouble and go through insurance.

I was rear ended in Brampton (big surprise right?) and the guy that hit me was all apologetic and responsible at the time of the accident. After I took it to my trusted body shop (quote $500), the guy retracted and suggested I bring my car to his friend's garage for repairs. I lived in Guelph at the time and drove the car to work everyday so obviously his offer was ridiculous. Next he says let him look for a garage in Guelph. He comes back to me with this fantastic offer that he found a garage that'll do it for $200 and gives me the guy's number. I did a reverse check on the number and it doesn't show up as anything in the yellowpages or 411. I call the place and a guy picks up on my third attempt. Turns out it's just some guy that works out of his garage in a townhouse. To add insult to injury, turns out the guy that hit me told this guy that I was his friend looking for a cheap repair and that's why he gave the lowered price of $200 vs. $300 which is what he would have charged. Even the guy at the garage sounded annoyed he was lied to. Anyways, I eventually get a quote of $375 from another place in Guelph and my primary place agreed to price match. I figure the guy that hit me would be pleased with this number but NO. After I tell him on the phone, he has the nerve to ask if we could further negotiate the price (ie. suggesting I pay for a portion of the damages). I angerly tell him it's either this or we go through insurance. So guy decides to pay me cash in person ... in Guelph. Golden Triangle (the place that I trust) allows over the phone CC payments but I guess this guy didn't want daddy knowing he rear ended me with his 94 Accord. When he walked into my office, he looked like such a gangsta sleaze ball and first thing out of his mouth: "Eh yo, what is this place?". I wanted to slam his head with each of my five cabinet doors and my office door.

Bottomline:

Save yourself the potential back and forth trouble and go through insurance. It's now out of your hands and it's all on her. Don't get sympathetic like most people do during their first not-at-fault collision. Things are always nice and dandy until the price gets brought up. Then the sleaziness of the guilty party really shines.
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
2159 posts
360 upvotes
Oshawa
I was in a parking lot before ... while backing out of a spot ... I merely bumped into a car that was getting out of a spot ... one spot to the left ... which I couldn't see ...

Knowingly ... we checked out the damages ... and decided to work things out privately ....

I was at fault because I was backing out ...

So if we did go the insurance route ... I would have been 100% at fault (even though it was in a parking lot - private property) ...

In OP's case ... the other party is 100% at fault ...

But I would settle it privately to avoid the hassle of insurance.
Stress is caused by NOT fishing enough.
JDM ONLY! No North American CRAP!
Megabass, Imakatsu, Jackall, GanCraft, OSP, EverGreen, YGK, Toray, Sunline, Nories, Shimano, Daiwa RULES!
EVA Air Rocks ... Air Canada SUCKS!
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2003
5727 posts
179 upvotes
Toronto
Looks like a 50's something WASPy, probably good for the $$, and must get into accidents regularly as she said she probably won't fix it. That or she only needs an a-b car and looks aren't at all important, as long as it's reliable.

Brent
--------------------------------------------------------------

"Any more irrelevant comments to pull out of your ***** ?"
"Your comments seem to be r ectal plucks." Pete_Coach

HEATWARE.... if you bought from me ... thanks
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2007
2670 posts
277 upvotes
Marx0r wrote:
Apr 19th, 2012 2:56 pm
Experienced drivers (like yourself) should always pay max attention in parking lots. ;)

Settle it privately unless she starts playing games. Don't feel obligated to look for cheaper quotes at shady body shops, e.g. her cousin's place, etc. Not sure if filing a collision report is automatically linked with insurance, but you should have a backup plan of some sort.

Haha, I wish I was ready for this, it was already when I passed her. When she crashed me I was like ....wtf.... did I just crash into something. Then I realized someone crashed into me.
spike1128 wrote:
Apr 19th, 2012 3:02 pm
The OP said he only had the car for a month. So it's a good idea for him to keep his new used car in good condition. It's fair that the OP go get 3 quotes from garages and have it restore it back to original condition before the accident.

If the lady is willing to walk away with paying him cash, then it's up to her. It's not up to the OP to decide if he wants cash over getting it repaired.
I'm definitely getting the car repaired. Cars are more than an a-b for me and this one is my first vehicle I"m going to keep so I want it repaired to original condition.
googoo wrote:
Apr 19th, 2012 4:20 pm
Looks like a 50's something WASPy, probably good for the $$, and must get into accidents regularly as she said she probably won't fix it. That or she only needs an a-b car and looks aren't at all important, as long as it's reliable.

Brent
She claimed she never been in an accident and didn't even know how to proceed after she crashed me. I just asked for her insurance etc and immediately started taking pictures of the scene and remembered everything going on around me. As for right now, Chipmaster has given me a quote.
BlackJays wrote:
shame has been acheived
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
37321 posts
2768 upvotes
Toronto
soKying wrote:
Apr 19th, 2012 2:42 pm

i got worst than the BMW while i was driving my c280 2007 with dent + scratch and paint and coating the mechanic (body Shop) charges me $200 cash tho remember is CASH PRICE with no receipt

same body shop ( mechanic )had the front back bumper installed brand new with aftermarket with paint + coating finished front bumper cost $250 back bumper cost me $200.00 FOR my TOYOTA CAMRY 2007

Very kind of her for protecting her insurance rates and YOUR insurance rates

PLEASE DO NOT milk her money

good luck

when shopping for prices you just need to snap shot the area is damage and describe to the body shop or mechanic the area need fixed or replace. these guys already know and + very experienced how badly damage the area are by looks of the pictures. i am saying all the body shop and mechanic

NAh... My 1993 Toyota Corolla got hit like that with just as much damage.
The insurance gave my mechanic $1300 to repair the damage.

On a newer BMW... I'm sure it'll be more.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)