• Jun 4th, 2015 9:39 am
Tags:
None
9 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2010
2142 posts
1566 upvotes
"We asked her where we can find Korean staff (my wife is Korean and she wants to talk to Korean staff for this issue)"

????????????
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
You can contact the Bay Downtown's manager and tell him about your experience. The Bay, generally, has taken my complaints very seriously.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
choikugi wrote: They kept asking us to bring receipt to get full refund even though we do have credit card record and met young lady who sold us the hand bag...
We were trying to find receipt but we could not find one. Actually we noticed we never received receipt. It was pretty depressing.
A receipt is required for their returns. I find it highly unlikely The Bay would have not given you a receipt, and certainly find it improbable you didn't notice when first buying the purse. Credit Card records mean nothing (doesn't establish the price you paid, nor that you actually purchased this item). All it does is show that on a specific date you spent a specific amount of money at a specific store.
We saw the old lady (Agnes) and we asked her where we can find Korean staff (my wife is Korean and she wants to talk to Korean staff for this issue).
So, you and your wife make a racist comment, and you say Agnes here is rude? If anything, I'd say it's you. If you want Korean staff at a store, then here's a thought...go to Korea. Otherwise, to basically demand Korean staff unless you're a tourist and pretty much speak only Korean is rude and racist.
Finally we got full refund and I decided to see the old lady (Agnes). My wife was a bit angry and asking her not to do it again. But she said 'talking mommy' 'keep going' ....... I asked her to write her and boss's first name but she kept refusing and showed us very rude manner.
Sounds like you may have deserved it - especially going back to her. Seems to be nothing but trying to egg her on. Funny thing is that the Bay has the store manager's photo (and therefore, name) pretty much by each entrance/exit.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
Deal Expert
Jun 27, 2004
15215 posts
4404 upvotes
Vancouver.bc.ca
[
choikugi wrote: I hope she gets what she deserves
Becks wrote: You can contact the Bay Downtown's manager and tell him about your experience. The Bay, generally, has taken my complaints very seriously.
Unless you contact HBC, she's not going to get anything. Posting here won't do anything.

Agree with talking to the manager. A long time ago, I complained twice about the same thing, and both times, I saw/got results. If you contact him/her, I suggest you do your best to not come across as a whiner. Say something like, "I understand that I need a receipt for a refund, but I was hoping that I could exchange it." Don't go accusing them that they didn't give you a receipt. You have to sound like a reasonable person.
Banned
May 12, 2004
9756 posts
4136 upvotes
Ottawa
Avenger wrote: I like when the op is found to be the problem and then proceeds to remove their post.
Yup, i always quote it when i'm pst #2 just in case...stupidity should have an infinite life online.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
I am not familiar with the Bay's point-of-sale software, but there are certain (US) retailers who know exactly what you purchased by referencing your credit card number. This is how retailers can do refunds when you do not have a receipt, and this is how retailers know you are doing a suspicious amount of refunds.
Deal Guru
Mar 14, 2005
13811 posts
2516 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote: ...So, you and your wife make a racist comment, and you say Agnes here is rude? If anything, I'd say it's you. If you want Korean staff at a store, then here's a thought...go to Korea. Otherwise, to basically demand Korean staff unless you're a tourist and pretty much speak only Korean is rude and racist...
Asking for a Korean staff member is not racist. Obviously, it's about better communication. Is it racist to call 911 and ask for an interpreter so that you can communicate more easily? Smh.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3252 posts
3029 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
Becks wrote: Asking for a Korean staff member is not racist. Obviously, it's about better communication. Is it racist to call 911 and ask for an interpreter so that you can communicate more easily? Smh.
Completely different scenario.

OP was being racist.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)