Tags:
None
6 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
XtremeModder wrote: So the landlord approved it, kinda wishing they didn't but they said no problem to my buddy (room mate), getting a dog. Here's the thing, I was all for it under the condition that we both agreed on a breed, etc because it's a basement apartment and well, I don't think it would be fair to have any dog that is big in a cramped basement. Sure enough he gets a big dog.

Ever since getting her it's been a nightmare for me. She doesn't listen, is disobedient with me probably 80% of the time, chews anything in sight (not furniture though thankfully) and barks all the time when crated. I honestly can't stand this dog at all but am not sure what to do, my friend thinks everything is fine saying ah but she's only a year old. Sorry, she should at least be learning to start obeying, like coming when you call her. I had to go to work yesterday and she wouldn't come in, I'm not chasing her around the yard because long story short the people upstairs have 2 dogs and they haven't picked up the dog crap of theirs in about a year from what I've heard.

So what is the best course of action? I'm debating on saying screw this and just moving to be honest. Mostly for myself and not cause of the dog
Your buddy/roomate got the dog, so why is the onus on you to manage that dog? Why do you need to discipline the dog?

Probably warrants a talk with your buddy/roomate over this issue. If nothing constructive comes out of it, move.
Deal Addict
Sep 22, 2013
2341 posts
1489 upvotes
Your buddy sounds like a horrible dog owner. I feel bad for the dog. Big dogs need to be active. He needs to take him out for a long walk in the morning and night (I would say an hour each time but at least 30 mins). If not, the dog has a lot of pent out energy and that's why it is acting out at home. It is bored. Dogs also won't just listen for the sake of listening. They need to be trained to either or stop or whatever by positive reinforcement. This dog should probably be enrolled in some kind of obedience school as it sounds like your moron roommate has no idea what he's doing.
Deal Addict
Jan 16, 2007
1209 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
Dog can sense that you don't like them. So why would she listen to you? You need to man up and be a dog owner, cause that's what you are. Play with her, feed her, take her for walks, etc. If you're not willing to do that, don't expect the dog to be your bff.
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
12807 posts
3837 upvotes
--
NubNub wrote: Dog can sense that you don't like them. So why would she listen to you? You need to man up and be a dog owner, cause that's what you are. Play with her, feed her, take her for walks, etc. If you're not willing to do that, don't expect the dog to be your bff.
Good job not realizing who got the dog in the first place...

To another poster he does walk that dog a lot, at the end of the day it doesn't matter as I'm going to look at a few apartments tomorrow

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)