"Delivery By BNICA" on Amazon order

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 7th, 2019 10:35 am
Tags:
Mar 11, 2014
40 posts
12 upvotes
Halifax
Just here to report the same issue - package "delivered" Monday, three days later still no sign. The kicker is I don't think they even attempted to deliver - my roommate was home all day near the front of our place and saw/heard nothing. This is terrible, also going to try to get my account redflagged as not accepting their service.
Mar 11, 2014
40 posts
12 upvotes
Halifax
Just called Amazon - they immediately marked it as lost, offered me a full refund and said if I re-ordered it through a different company which cost more they would cover the difference (all of this was before I complained about Bonshaw). When I asked to no longer have packages delivered by them, they didn't hesitate to make that change. Impressed with the customer service, but also got the vibe they're aware this is happening.
Jun 26, 2019
1 posts
This seems the most used shipping for amazon prime to new brunswick (maybe other places too). In SJ I've only great experience. Once it was same day. Private car dropped off late evening. They did just leave on porch and ring bell, no different then UPS often does with Prime deliveries. I found following tracking. https://customerportal.bonshawtransport ... ertracking
I can see morning pickup from Brampton depot. A few Hours later in SJ. I hope my luck continues with them. BUT, even though I received packages and link above is showing delivered, they are NOT updating Amazon so from Amazon point of view they never delivered and I could probably lie and complain.
Aug 27, 2006
208 posts
28 upvotes
Moncton, NB
Just had my first experience with Bonshaw. Ordered a car part that was to be delivered July 3rd and never received it. Sent Bonshaw a message through their website and they called me the next morning and told me they never received the package from Amazon and to take it up with them.

Amazon of course re-ordered the part for me, for free. Hopefully I get it this time...

This is the first time I ever have an issue getting something delivered from Amazon, so I'm leaning on blaming Bonshaw and not Amazon. We'll see what happens this time if it's "delivered" by them or someone else.
Jul 9, 2019
1 posts
Yeah it's Bonshaw Logistics that deliver it, and I've never ever had a problem! They knock on my door to hand me the package and are always on time or a day early.
Nov 21, 2014
709 posts
721 upvotes
Atlantic
The trolling in this thread is strong.

Lots of RFD users posting with 5 posts or less.
Jul 15, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
Much of the same, here. Ordered from Amazon, my package said "was supposed to be delivered by..." on Amazon, and the package never came. I would like to know exactly how to have my account redflagged as well so I won't have to deal with these guys again.

And to the person accusing people of trolling, I doubt that's the case. I myself signed up to RFD just to post on this thread because it's one of very few places with any information on this "delivery company". I was some glad to find it, as it's the only other place I've seen humans talk about this issue, which certainly doesn't seem isolated. I think all we want are the packages we've paid for.

Update:
Amazon support was really great and gave me a refund, blacklisted BNI for my account, and also sent my complaint to their shipping department. Hopefully there are enough complaints that these guys get sacked.

Also, I was talking to a friend about this yesterday, and they told me that last winter they found an Amazon package on the street on the snow, for a house 2 blocks down the street. She dropped it off at the right address, rang the bell and when the lady opened the door, she said "not again..."
Jun 9, 2012
11 posts
8 upvotes
RIVERVIEW
BNI order status on 7/24 Amazon.ca:

We're sorry your parcel is late
Please come back tomorrow if you still don't have it, and we'll help you out.

EDIT on 7/25: I had them reship this order as a replacement. I requested they send it with Purolator or Fed Ex. No luck ... status shows the replacement is coming by BNI :(

Update on 7/31: Replacement is late as well. Tomorrow it will be deemed lost.

Update on 08/06: Full refund from Amazon Prime. Ordered replacement book from Indigo.

Update on 08/10: Received Indigo shipment with Canada Post yesterday. Still no sign of the two lost BNI shipments.
Last edited by davicof on Aug 10th, 2019 7:50 am, edited 6 times in total.
Dec 4, 2018
3 posts
1 upvote
I have received most of my packages 2-3 days after ordering. Yes they do deliver between 5am and 6am, and just leave the package at the door. I'm usually up at that time anyway, so for me it is not an issue.
Aug 24, 2019
1 posts
I ordered 2 items at separate times from Amazon with both showing the same delivery date. BNI was the courier. Received one on time and the other never came.
I called BNI and they were no help at all.
Emailed Amazon and they are sending a replacement item via a different courier as I requested.
They were forwarding my complaint about BNI to their shipping department.
Great service from Amazon.
BNI, not so much.
Let's hope with all the complaints that Amazon finds another courier.
Jul 15, 2019
2 posts
1 upvote
Another update from me:

I've since had 3 packages "delivered" from BNI since my last complaint. One of them didn't show up despite there being a photo of the packaged delivered in my hallway. The hallway isn't visible to the street and there were other packages there for me (from Canada Post) the next morning, so I suspect the delivery person set it on my steps, took the photo, then straight up stole my package.

A couple of days later another package arrived, via BNI, and it actually was delivered, and placed where the sign on my door said to place it.

Then, a 3rd package, is now 4 days late, and the last activity on their tracker is from 6 days ago.

When the 2nd package wasn't there, I contacted Amazon again, who were immediately helpful, and said that they had put in a request to have BNI put on lowest priority for items shipping to me, but that they can't completely prevent them as a carrier option for me. They also said they were forwarding the complaint to their shipping department. They also immediately shipped out a replacement item, via CP, and it arrived as expected.

I had written a long winded (but mild tempered) email to BNI, and surprise surprise, they never contacted me in any way.

From now on, I'm cancelling any orders that Amazon says are being shipped by BNI. Screw these guys. That's 3 out of 4 packages they were supposed to deliver that are missing. I order 2-5 packages a week on average, and have NEVER had another package stolen or just never show up from any of the other 4 shipping options. This company is a sad joke.
Jun 15, 2015
39 posts
5 upvotes
I wake up this morning around 6am like as if something hit my house. My amazon n package was at back step and so was my clothes line down!!! It says delivery was by BNICA!!! the completely took down by clothes line and could have pulled down my porch post too seeing it was attached to it!!!
Apr 15, 2007
116 posts
New-Brunswick
Yikes, I am awaiting a package from "BNI" and thought to myself when I saw that name "who tf is this courrier?". I hope they don't fk me over, I'll be pissed.
[OP]
Jun 7, 2017
882 posts
2031 upvotes
New Brunswick
I think it ultimately depends on the driver. The packages I've received have been pretty quick, sometimes faster than Amazon's prediction. They really need to improve on pulling tracking data from BNI though; it'll list some orders as undelivered and late, even though I've received the package and BNI's own tracking shows 'delivered'.

Only big complaint is that they have no problem leaving packages at the doorstep; not a huge deal for me since I'm in a pretty rural neighborhood, and they've even bagged it up a few times when it was raining.