Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1293 posts
29 upvotes

Delivery or Pickup ??

I have ordered a Panasonic microwave from BB on the 25th, have been tracking it and noticed that it should arrive today sometime and we sort of waited the whole day for it to be delivered. At around 4 pm, some rude lady from the post office called and said that we have got your panasonic thingie and please come and pick it up we have limited space....so I went and pick it up and thought I would ask why it wasn't delivered to my door, the rude lady is like don't even ask me I don't know I just need to call you because we have no more room to keep boxes.....WTF ...what kind of services is this from Canada Post first of all ?? and does anyone else got product shipped from BB via Canada Post that they have to pick up themselves ?
8 replies
Aug 5, 2004
69 posts
This thread will most likley get moved but....

My local carrier hates when I buy alot at FS or BB now that they ship via Canadapost. He has told me in advance that he won't bring more than 2 or 3 packages a day and if I want them sooner he will reroute them to my local pickup location :!: .

I have these things shipped to my office so I can avoid missed deliveries and remote pickups.

In the end don't be to rough on the parcel pickup location people. It's not really thier fault it ended up there. Talk to your lazy carrier.
Jun 14, 2005
649 posts
64 upvotes
Ottawa
There have been times when I've been home and somehow didn't here the doorbell but find a card at the door to tell me delivery was attempted. Did you get a card? Did you check the tracking of the order? Does it mention that delivery was attempted? They definitely should try to deliver it to your house first before telling you to pick it up! Maybe the delivery guy was sick!
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1293 posts
29 upvotes
Y Poons wrote:There have been times when I've been home and somehow didn't here the doorbell but find a card at the door to tell me delivery was attempted. Did you get a card? Did you check the tracking of the order? Does it mention that delivery was attempted? They definitely should try to deliver it to your house first before telling you to pick it up! Maybe the delivery guy was sick!
actually , no , I got nothing but a phone call as I have mentioned that my box is taking up their space so that I should go and pick it up asap....sucks that I do need the microwave badly , otherwise I would have waited and even just buy another one from somewhere else just to take up the POs valuable space.... :evil:
Apr 7, 2004
279 posts
2 upvotes
Our town no longer brings items to our door. Just leaves pickup notices in our boxes no matter how small the package. I'm not fond of BB and Futureshop's switch to Canada post. Or canada post in general.
Jun 19, 2005
143 posts
Yeah, I've been tracking my package from BB -- ordered on the 25th -- and Canada Post hasn't updated it since the 26th when it was shipped!

Not very happy.
Deal Addict
Jul 18, 2004
1831 posts
157 upvotes
Toronto
I checked the tracking page today and it said that was accepted and sorted in Missaussaga...nothing else. I was surprised that my package (a laptop) arrived today.

We also are on a friendly level with our mail carrier, so that helps. The previous carrier always used to just drop it off at the local post office and didn't even bother bringing any packages.
Oct 11, 2004
233 posts
41 upvotes
Yah, I think it depends on who is the carrier in your area. Anything from Canada Post, I would always get a pick-up slip. Today, they actually showed up at my door around 3:45PM just as I was leaving the house. A box from BB, and one from FS.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2003
1293 posts
29 upvotes
Nammo wrote:Yah, I think it depends on who is the carrier in your area. Anything from Canada Post, I would always get a pick-up slip. Today, they actually showed up at my door around 3:45PM just as I was leaving the house. A box from BB, and one from FS.
you are very lucky....actually, I moved to this new house last Tue and this is the second package I have to go pick up since, both times we were at home all day and both times we have to pick up , I am guessing that we have just got a lazy mail carrier... :mad: