Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Dell: $50-$200 off Vostros & Latitudes (i7-870 PC $689, 15" Core i3 Laptop $479...)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 21st, 2010 10:47 pm
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4843 posts
4378 upvotes
B.C.
Has anyone tried purchasing Dell computers from the U.S. site? As usual, the prices are way cheaper for Americans for the exact same thing. Since they're made in the States, wouldn't free trade come into play, in that you wouldn't have to pay duty? For example, the smaller Vostro desktop starts at $429 Canadian and $299 U.S.

The Hans
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1241 posts
452 upvotes
TheHans wrote: Has anyone tried purchasing Dell computers from the U.S. site? As usual, the prices are way cheaper for Americans for the exact same thing. Since they're made in the States, wouldn't free trade come into play, in that you wouldn't have to pay duty? For example, the smaller Vostro desktop starts at $429 Canadian and $299 U.S.

The Hans
I'm not 100% sure on whether or not a laptop would be considered duty free.
But I know that Dell USA most likely will not ship to Canada, most of the time they will refer you to the Canadian webpage and tell you to order from there as Dell's website does have an extensive list of webpages for different countries.

Best way for ordering through US store is if you know someone who lives in the US and picking it up or getting them to ship it to you.

I already tried with the Dell Adamo through the USA Dell site. Dialog pretty much went like this.
Me: "Is there any way to order the Dell Adamo through the US dell webpage"
Dell: "The Dell Adamo is discontinued and no longer in production in Canada, you cannot order it."
Deal Addict
Aug 2, 2003
4843 posts
4378 upvotes
B.C.
theboschman wrote: In another forum someone posted this coupon code:

R$MG3C4J56L244

Which seems to be working for $100 off Vostro $699 and over....
As far as I can tell, this coupon will take $100 off the Vostro 430 even if the price is under $700.

The Hans
If I had more time, I would have written a shorter post
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2009
1241 posts
452 upvotes
TheHans wrote: As far as I can tell, this coupon will take $100 off the Vostro 430 even if the price is under $700.

The Hans

From what I got from it, If the original price is over $699 then the coupon will work meaning it does not take into account instant savings.

So...

Dell Vostro V130 = $799 normally

Coupon = -$100
Instant savings = -$100

New Price: $599
Apr 3, 2007
85 posts
Toronto
Is the card GeForce® G310 good enough to play 1080P movies or games? :?:
Banned
Feb 17, 2007
3190 posts
203 upvotes
Anyone got their systems delivered?
I only received the acknowledgment e-mail and that is it.
Credit card wasn't charged, no further e-mails.
Can't find this order on Dell.ca either.
May 27, 2007
101 posts
9 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
I placed an order on the 6th, paid with Paypal. Got an email immediately from Dell acknowledging the order, and an email from PayPal saying I submitted an order thru dell. Waited 48 hours, no order number from dell, so I called dell, and they had no record of my order. Dell said to reordered system again on teh 8th, same results. Called Dell, with little success, then called Paypal, as two system were submitted to my PayPal account. They said they would remove one of the charges, and let the other go thru - 30 seconds later I get an email from Dell with an order number. Seems paypal was holding the order up - don't know, I am not a big paypal user, but for $50 I'll charge stuff there. My system shipped yesterday.
Deal Addict
Oct 4, 2001
1468 posts
134 upvotes
mine is in In Transit in U.S.
Date/Time DECEMBER 16, 2010 AT 12:25
Depot U.S.A. GROUND LINEHAUL
All is not golde that outward shewith bright...lydgate
Banned
Feb 17, 2007
3190 posts
203 upvotes
geralds34 wrote: I placed an order on the 6th, paid with Paypal. Got an email immediately from Dell acknowledging the order, and an email from PayPal saying I submitted an order thru dell. Waited 48 hours, no order number from dell, so I called dell, and they had no record of my order. Dell said to reordered system again on teh 8th, same results. Called Dell, with little success, then called Paypal, as two system were submitted to my PayPal account. They said they would remove one of the charges, and let the other go thru - 30 seconds later I get an email from Dell with an order number. Seems paypal was holding the order up - don't know, I am not a big paypal user, but for $50 I'll charge stuff there. My system shipped yesterday.

I ordered by the 9th, and nothing from Dell yet.
I ordered a cheaper system; therefore, not qualified for paypal discount.
I paid using credit card.
I wonder what is holding up my order.
If I call Dell, I know they will tell me to put in the order again, of which I don't intend on doing because the offer code expired already.
Nov 2, 2010
48 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
ACC-Major wrote: I ordered by the 9th, and nothing from Dell yet.
I ordered a cheaper system; therefore, not qualified for paypal discount.
I paid using credit card.
I wonder what is holding up my order.
If I call Dell, I know they will tell me to put in the order again, of which I don't intend on doing because the offer code expired already.

same, paid using credit card. check my card today, nothing is being charged. However I got a order number and my system shows "in production". Estimated delievery date is dec. 31. Would be really happy if they can ship it without charging my cc.

Anyone else having this problem when paying by credit card?
Apr 23, 2009
316 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
I received my today, ordered on Dec 13th.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)