Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Alienware 15 - 1060 GTX Laptop as low as $1358 + Tax

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2017 11:31 am
Dec 25, 2016
65 posts
67 upvotes
Well, since the 2016 MacBook Pros are a joke I'm going to get a Dell XPS 15 which shares these discount codes. Thanks!
Oct 25, 2016
13 posts
3 upvotes
how do u get the member exclusive discount on top of the two promo? i chated with two reps they both won't do the additional offer
Deal Addict
Dec 1, 2005
3863 posts
16 upvotes
If someone could let me use their 10% off coupon, I would appreciate it very much. Please PM me.
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
Oh for sure, but the 1070 isn't underpowered for 4k for normal use or even decent settings for gaming. Of course if you go ultra it's probably going to struggle
stcv3 wrote:
fightbriz wrote: How can the 1070 be underpowered for 4K? The 1070 is the second fastest video card on the market right now?
boblobob wrote:

If it works for your budget, and you intend to keep the laptop for some time, get the 1070. It's hilariously overpowered for an HD screen, but fairly underpowered for a 4K screen.

1060 is perfect for HD, but occasional current gen game will not run well at maximum settings. So, it might not be as futureproof.
Maybe with brand new games on 4K Ultra settings it will struggle a bit. It won't reach 60FPS for sure.
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2003
2216 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto
Finally got my order in! Had to start with the 15" i7 for the code to work so $1,482.99 + tax in the end! :)
Mar 19, 2012
102 posts
26 upvotes
Sherwood Park, AB
Great deal with the extra 10% off coupon.
May 29, 2016
498 posts
284 upvotes
slippy wrote: Finally got my order in! Had to start with the 15" i7 for the code to work so $1,482.99 + tax in the end! :)
Did you go through MPP? Afaik then the standard i7 with 1060 comes down to ~$1430, which is as low as I have been able to get it.

Jul 29, 2011
517 posts
643 upvotes
anyone got an email coupon that you're not going to use. please PM me. can't use the 10%OFFALW on the base config of 17 R4.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1293 posts
1643 upvotes
ottawa
LarissaC wrote:
slippy wrote: Finally got my order in! Had to start with the 15" i7 for the code to work so $1,482.99 + tax in the end! :)
Did you go through MPP? Afaik then the standard i7 with 1060 comes down to ~$1430, which is as low as I have been able to get it.
Maybe it's cause of the extra battery. That's another $50 right there
Oct 25, 2016
13 posts
3 upvotes
LarissaC wrote:

Dude, ur deal was so dang good! i couldn't get this to work ,i only get the 10% off and 150 off
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2003
2216 posts
480 upvotes
Toronto
No I don't know about MPP, how do I get that?

Edit - and I don't have that extra 10% off like you do Larissa, I only had the $150 off coupon
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1293 posts
1643 upvotes
ottawa
10%OFFALW and the other coupon for $150 off still work. How long after purchase did you get the 10% off coupon and the code for Gears of War?
Mar 17, 2006
321 posts
59 upvotes
If anyone has a spare 10% off coupon they're not using, would love it please! :) About to pull the trigger this evening. My wallet thanks you!

From OP:
If your employer is signed up, or you care to risk your finance department's wrath by signing your company up, you can get another 5% off coupon here (deduct another $71.45):
http://www.dell.com/learn/ca/en/cadhs1/ ... 9547-rfdcb

Been trying to get this to work but I just don't see another 5% stacking anywhere after I sign in with my employer name

I only get:
Member discount on Dell PCs and tablets
Expires May-01-18
Details - $39.00

Thoughts?
Deal Addict
May 20, 2004
3377 posts
978 upvotes
Calgary
Devatox wrote: If anyone has a spare 10% off coupon they're not using, would love it please! :) About to pull the trigger this evening. My wallet thanks you!

From OP:
If your employer is signed up, or you care to risk your finance department's wrath by signing your company up, you can get another 5% off coupon here (deduct another $71.45):

Been trying to get this to work but I just don't see another 5% stacking anywhere after I sign in with my employer name

I only get:
Expires May-01-18
Details - $39.00

Thoughts?
All I had to do was sign up and the 5% coupon code came right away. No harassment of my finance dept at all, so I was wrong about that.

Creating an EPP does require bugging your company's finance dept. Turns out we already had one, however using it always resulted in slightly higher final price.

So I think the reg coupon route is best. Especially if you can get the 10%. I never got my hand on one of those.
Mar 17, 2006
321 posts
59 upvotes
lewdvig wrote:
Devatox wrote: If anyone has a spare 10% off coupon they're not using, would love it please! :) About to pull the trigger this evening. My wallet thanks you!

From OP:

I only get:
Expires May-01-18
Details - $39.00

Thoughts?
All I had to do was sign up and the 5% coupon code came right away. No harassment of my finance dept at all, so I was wrong about that.

Creating an EPP does require bugging your company's finance dept. Turns out we already had one, however using it always resulted in slightly higher final price.

So I think the reg coupon route is best. Especially if you can get the 10%. I never got my hand on one of those.
Thanks lewdvig, I guess that's where it's different for me. I signed up with the personal college email (staff), selected the college name in the MPP area (which already existed), but no coupon or anything in the mail.

Dell customer service was closed last night, so time to chat to them and clinch the remainder of this deal!
Oct 4, 2005
225 posts
163 upvotes
After much debate I ended up cancelling the asus gl502vs from amazon and ordered the Alienware 15r3 with 120 hz gsync screen. Despite its weight, I was concerned about the thermals and the bilingual keyboard on the asus.

Now I keep hearing about thermal issues with the aw which I'm sure eventually will get fixed but not sure I have the patience to dells qa. I ended up getting a msi gt62vr pro over the weekend and am considering cancelling the Alienware.

Some of you have seen my post on notebook review, but I thought I'd hear from those who may have taken delivery of their laptops. How are you finding them? Have any of you picked up bags for your new toy?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
What do you think of the gt62vr?

I saw it in the store and it seemed way thicker than the alienware, lighter but in a bad cheap plastic kind of way (alienware is heavier but it's solid), the bottom cover of the laptop feels really cheap and plasticky, and if you press at the bottom of the screen at the centre of the bezel, it flexes a lot and seems really flimsy.

Does that match your experience? That was all i could tell superficially anyways.
Phaelen wrote: After much debate I ended up cancelling the asus gl502vs from amazon and ordered the Alienware 15r3 with 120 hz gsync screen. Despite its weight, I was concerned about the thermals and the bilingual keyboard on the asus.

Now I keep hearing about thermal issues with the aw which I'm sure eventually will get fixed but not sure I have the patience to dells qa. I ended up getting a msi gt62vr pro over the weekend and am considering cancelling the Alienware.

Some of you have seen my post on notebook review, but I thought I'd hear from those who may have taken delivery of their laptops. How are you finding them? Have any of you picked up bags for your new toy?
Deal Fanatic
May 25, 2009
8480 posts
5296 upvotes
Toronto
So any update? Are you returning it? And if so, is it because of the screen only or other issues?
Ohlias wrote: So I got mine yesterday:

Core i7 6700HQ
GTX 1070
4K UHD
8GB RAM
256SSD + 1TB HDD
ORDERED: 14 OCT
ORIG. EST. ARR: 7 NOV
SHIPPED: 24 OCT
ARRIVED: 26 OCT (Montreal downtown)

First impressions:
SCREEN: I've got some minor light bleeding along to bottom row, but it's so uniform, I would probably have let it go. However, a the top is a different story, two large splotches across the top right starting from centre one about 3-4 CM the other more like 8CM. I'll try to post pics later. I will contact Dell about this after I've spent some more time with the machine. I also find the screen on the dim side. When they advertised 300 NITS I figured it would be bright. It was at max brightness in might bright office setting. I didn't need to go brighter but I couldn't if I had too. At home in a dimly lit room at night I had it at roughly 25%. Also, it is very high-res but doesn't "blow me away" in terms of quality. Still debating if I should have gone qith 1080P IPS and now I'm wondering if 1080P TN-WVA G_sync is a better option. I'm hoping to see some reviews soon and will call Dell to see what can be done.

SPEAKERS: Didn't test them out too much but they definitely didn't blow me away. Clear, but tinny for sure. At first I thought they might be broken, but I will continue to do more tests.

GOW4: Had to initiate a Windows Update to get the GOW4 download to work directly from the store. 80gb download and I set it to download overnight. Was still downloading on my 15/10 cable internet this morning (almost at 55GB).

The only game I ran was an old copy of Half-Life 2 I had. Max settings, 4K res etc. Ran very smooth (didn't have time to benchmark) however, the audio was staticy and slightly choppy wearing headphones (Sennheiser 558HD). I think this is more HL than the PC, but I will need to spend more time with it...

This was a 2 hour session last night while setting Windows up.

Anyone else care to share?
Oct 4, 2005
225 posts
163 upvotes
I actually didn't open the box yet. I bought it after reading the posts on notebook review regarding the thermal issues with the aw. Everyone seems pretty happy with the gt62vr pro.

I'll likely take my chance with aw for now and play the aw lotto until I get frustrated with dell. I just check my order and it shipped.

Maybe I'll crack open the gt62vr just to see how it is. My reluctance with msi is after owning a msi before I hate the warranty sticker. I know msi will still honor the warranty but it bothers me that it's there it's like a way out for them in case you did upgrade. Let's be honest who doesn't upgrade. Gaming laptop at some point especially when that's one of the brands features. The other thing that bothers me is the bait and switch or poor marketing material. The box clearly says nvme the drive I've read is a Sata drive. But this has always been this way with msi since they have so many skus for each product globally. Also while msi warranty is longer I hate the having to pay shipping one way during the term of it. Upside is the msi is lighter, mxm gfx, speakers, and Gsync ips panel out of the box. Flex of laptop body I'm not too concerned about depending on the amount of force. I find slot of how people test flex is more pressure than I would ever do to my laptops.

I want to like the Alienware despite its weight due to the build quality and I think dell warranty is likely better than msi would provide which isn't really saying much. I also have never owned an Alienware so kind of a silly bucket list thing. The Alienware is also oddly cheaper. I could equip it equivalent to the gt62vr pro and end up $14 more but with a nvme hard drive. But I'll also have to buy a new backpack.

Decisions decisions... upside is total first world problems at least I am able to have these decisions!

On another note, I helped a coworker buy an aurora today and the 10%offalw code looked like it was good till Eqely 2017. Maybe an error but I was surprised. Maybe there will be 250 off 2499 coupon for those configuring monster machines. And the new Alienware 13 is suppowr to debut on nov 1!