Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Alienware 15 R3 GTX 1070 $1799

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 5th, 2017 6:14 am
Nov 27, 2016
111 posts
36 upvotes
Glad to hear that your monitor is working now Jawkuz, and thanks to Trav for the info too! I'll make a post when I order/get my monitor as to whether to works as well.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2005
1476 posts
473 upvotes
Halifax
Everyone still enjoying their laptop? I love mine.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2010
1042 posts
338 upvotes
Edmonton
Yup! Has a few weird quirks once in a while, but overall happy!
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1326 posts
430 upvotes
This reminds me that I need to use my Dell ecard (expires Apr 25 I believe).

I do like this laptop and I use it for everything. A few quirks as Trav mentioned and some other minor blemishes but it's quite a solid machine.

I'm still way behind you guys--haven't upgraded the ram or installed a SSD yet plus a clean Win 10 pro install to hopefully eradicate those quirks. That would turn this laptop into a beast!
+93___FalconR___________________________🫨
Feb 7, 2011
484 posts
105 upvotes
Regina
I got 3 times BSOD already for some reason and i don't know why. Not gaming often not enough time sigh.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2011
1293 posts
1643 upvotes
ottawa
Other than the annoying coil whine I have no complaints. Laptop never reaches over 75 degrees on gaming. Last thing I played was Shadow of Mordor. Occasionally I get some weird freezes if I leave the laptop for 3-4 hours unattended. After I come back it tries to login with facial recognition but just freezes and have to reboot. Happens rarely though.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1326 posts
430 upvotes
Jawkuz wrote: Omg it's gone up to $110 for an 8gb stick now this is absolutely whack
http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/accessor ... u=A8547953
At this rate I wish I could just get a Steam card or something.
Edit: I just chated with their sales team and they couldn't do anything either.
http://accessories.dell.com/sna/product ... b#Overview

Still $110. I have been watching every now and then, but the price doesn't ever go down. Looks like I'm gonna just purchase it since the promo card ends in 4 days.

Then I'll shop for a 500 GB ssd elsewhere.

On another note I started doing some video editing again and find myself going back to my 4 year old Lenovo. Its specs are obviously worse but the ssd I have in it makes such a HUGE difference.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
1326 posts
430 upvotes
Thanks Trav for sharing a $15 off code!

I think I'm going to add the samsung 850 EVO 500gb m2 to my cart too. Apparently missed the newegg deal a few weeks ago when it sold for only $188 including tax! So it's about $38 more on Dell but I want to do both the ssd+ram upgrades at the same time lol.

Glad everyone is enjoying their Alienwares. :)

Edit: placed the order. About $241 including taxes for both the ssd and ram which is honestly not bad. Then I did the rfd thing and haggled in chat since estimated delivery was June for the ssd and got an additional $30 off. $211 all in now!
Last edited by FalconR on Apr 23rd, 2017 7:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Dec 3, 2014
70 posts
73 upvotes
St. Albert, AB
Hey all!

I'm looking at ordering the AW 13" R3 + OLED soon. Can anyone in this thread let me know thoughts vs the 15" if you've had it or made the switch? I travel a lot for work, and I don't have an issue grabbing an external monitor for when I'm at home. My only concern would be if the new Inspiron 7000 laptops will ship soon with a GTX 1060, as that is my biggest issue with getting one instead of the Alienware.

Also, if anybody had a 10% off Dell coupon floating around, I would greatly appreciate it and pay back the favour when I received mine.

Thanks in advance!
Dec 1, 2016
128 posts
118 upvotes
Well I just sold my Alienware for $1600 today and upgraded to a desktop with a GTX 1080 and a ryzen 1600 cpu. For the exact same price. 10 days left on the warranty. It was a good year with this computer y'all. Kept the SSD I bought for it to put in my new computer.
Btw I think I could have probably gotten a bit more money out of this, I got at least 20 different responses just over the weekend for it on local trade forums in Toronto. However the idea of selling this computer for basically a slight profit after using it for a year and building a tank desktop instead really rubbed me just the right way.
Nov 13, 2007
509 posts
303 upvotes
Ontario
Jawkuz wrote: Well I just sold my Alienware for $1600 today and upgraded to a desktop with a GTX 1080 and a ryzen 1600 cpu. For the exact same price. 10 days left on the warranty. It was a good year with this computer y'all. Kept the SSD I bought for it to put in my new computer.
Btw I think I could have probably gotten a bit more money out of this, I got at least 20 different responses just over the weekend for it on local trade forums in Toronto. However the idea of selling this computer for basically a slight profit after using it for a year and building a tank desktop instead really rubbed me just the right way.
That is great. I tried to sell mine and the only offers I was getting is $1000.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)