Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Alienware 34" AW3418DW Ultrawide 120hz G-SYNC (10%OFFMONITOR) = $1151 + 10% ebates

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 7th, 2018 10:31 am
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2007
1528 posts
1218 upvotes
Been resisting many deals for the new Asus 200hz monitor... But this deal is the most tempting that I might not be able to resist... Knowing the Asus will launch at more than double the price of this Alienware, paying the early adopter price premium, I might just pull the trigger and call it a day for the next 5 years until this Hdr thing gets to mainstream...
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2001
4327 posts
437 upvotes
Calgary
What kind of minimum PC specs would you think it takes to run games on this monitor at native resolution, or is that even an option?

Would a X1 Carbon or Dell XPS 15 paired with an 1070 eGPU, alongside this monitor be a good combo for mid range gaming?
Last edited by plucky duck on Aug 28th, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"i love my girl friend and my girl friend loves me ok so you cant love me"
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
moofachuka wrote: Been resisting many deals for the new Asus 200hz monitor... But this deal is the most tempting that I might not be able to resist... Knowing the Asus will launch at more than double the price of this Alienware, paying the early adopter price premium, I might just pull the trigger and call it a day for the next 5 years until this Hdr thing gets to mainstream...
Looking like $1500 USD ($2000 CDN) launch price for that ASUS 35". About double the cost of this one.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
3129 posts
1411 upvotes
Maple
Apparently the next newer 200hz monitors will also be a VA pannel, not IPS like this one in order to achieve a higher refresh rate so take that as you will.

Furthermore...what is the point? There wont be a single card that can hit those numbers (200hz) with even medium settings, even considering the newer generation of cards that are coming out. And the jump from 120HZ to to 200hz is in the relm of deminishing returns.

IMO this is a a MUCH better buy. 3 year warranty that they send you a new monitor first before you send yours back, IPS pannel for better color representation, arguably half the cost and probably going to be better build quality when comparing to current ASUS monitors.

That ASUS monitor will simply be braging rights for specs on the box, there wont be a way to ultilize it in its native form with high/ultra settings for more than likely until the 3000 series GPUs come out.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2009
1338 posts
1205 upvotes
Calgary
Mwazam82 wrote: I'm no pro gamer but at that price and no HDR is a no go for me. Not sure about the rest of you RFDers but, you gotta be baller status to drop 1K+ on a monitor when most gamers would be ok with a nice 1080p 144Hz for about $300.
The Dell UltraSharp 27 4K Monitor: U2718Q is $919 now, and it is HDR. I'm on the fence between that and the this Alienware 34".

Edit: BTW - ebates is back up to 15% !
no sig
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2007
1528 posts
1218 upvotes
I'm about to pull the trigger, but apparently there's a flicker problem at 120hz. Someone mentioned updating the Nvidia displayport firmware fixed the issue. Can current owners please confirm if it did the trick? It the only thing holding me back from purchasing. Thanks,
Banned
Jan 11, 2016
446 posts
325 upvotes
Made in Canada
moofachuka wrote: I'm about to pull the trigger, but apparently there's a flicker problem at 120hz. Someone mentioned updating the Nvidia displayport firmware fixed the issue. Can current owners please confirm if it did the trick? It the only thing holding me back from purchasing. Thanks,
The only time I ever notice flickering is when the monitor goes on or awake from sleep. It’s not a consistent flickering, just once. I’ve narrowed it down to the G-Sync turning on or something, because when I turn G-Sync off, it doesn’t do the flick.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2005
3129 posts
1411 upvotes
Maple
Regardless of fears you need to remember this has a 3 year warranty with second to none service. They ship you the monitor free FIRST then pick up your defective one - free. There is also a panel perfect warranty on it as well. Its honestly a no brainier. Buy now think later.
Deal Guru
Sep 10, 2008
10276 posts
9274 upvotes
Kitchener
I'm extremely excited to see this being shipped soon.
Aug 29, 2016
33 posts
59 upvotes
Still debating whether I should get this or not... hmmm
Deal Addict
Mar 24, 2007
1528 posts
1218 upvotes
I ended up not getting it... Will use the money to upgrade my pc instead... My i7 980 is really getting old... 8 years...
Jul 8, 2008
8 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
eBates is only showing 2% back for Dell.ca right now, it was showing 15% before?

Also, I like the design of the Predator X34 better and I doubt PUBG will ever work at over 100 fps on my 1080 Ti, so I'm thinking of getting the X34 at Canada Computers refurbished for $949, is that a good deal? I haven't seen the X34 that low, although it is a refurb... Are those X34 pretty much guaranteed to get 100 Hz?
Dec 9, 2013
457 posts
220 upvotes
Surrey
If you do not care about youtube videos ( even with plug in) and are not a moba gamer (ultrawide is awful for League or dota 2 trust me), This is a incredible monitor and deal.
Jul 8, 2008
8 posts
3 upvotes
Ottawa
yondaime604 wrote: If you do not care about youtube videos ( even with plug in) and are not a moba gamer (ultrawide is awful for League or dota 2 trust me), This is a incredible monitor and deal.
Do you also only get 2% on eBates or am I doing something wrong? How often does this change and how likely is it to go back up to 10-12% in the next few days?
Dec 9, 2013
457 posts
220 upvotes
Surrey
It's only 2% for ebates currently. Still a stupidly good deal without it, the 10% monitor coupon works.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6722 upvotes
Alberta
belzebutt wrote: Do you also only get 2% on eBates or am I doing something wrong? How often does this change and how likely is it to go back up to 10-12% in the next few days?
That discount changes pretty frequently. I've seen it go up and down several times since the introduction of this thread... I would wait for it to hit at least 10% if i were you, but that decision is yours...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)