Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell Boxing Day

Alienware M15 R6 - i7-11800 16GB 1TB RTX 3070 - $1999.99 (UPDATE: $1987 tax incl. with 12% rakuten)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2022 9:12 pm
Sep 24, 2003
170 posts
42 upvotes

[Dell] [Boxing Day] Alienware M15 R6 - i7-11800 16GB 1TB RTX 3070 - $1999.99 (UPDATE: $1987 tax incl. with 12% rakuten)

UPDATE: Rakuten at 12% now makes this a quite hot - 11th gen Intel CPU and RTX3070 for sub $2000 after tax!

Alienware m15 R6 Gaming Laptop
Processor 11th Generation Intel® Core™ i7 11800H (8-Core, 24MB L3 Cache, up to 4.6GHz with Turbo Boost)
Operating System Windows 11 Home, English
Video Card NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3070 8GB GDDR6
Memory 16GB, 2x8GB, DDR4, 3200MHz
Hard Drive 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD
LCD 15.6" QHD (2560 x 1440) 240Hz 2ms with ComfortView Plus, NVIDIA G-SYNC and Advanced Optimus
Color Choice Dark Side of the Moon with High Endurance Clear Coat and Silky Smooth Finish
Wireless Killer™ Wi-Fi 6 AX1650 (2x2) 802.11ax Wireless and Bluetooth
Primary Battery 6-Cell Battery, 86WHr (Integrated)
Keyboard Alienware mSeries 4-Zone AlienFX RGB keyboard
AC Adapter 240W Adapter
https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/gaming- ... r6_d_s20me

Similar specs and price to the Lenovo Legion 7 at $1800 (but that price includes id.me and higher rakuten).

Supposedly ships in 10 days. Don't forget 2% rakuten (and 3% dell rewards?).

Bestbuy has same machine at $2500:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/al ... 0/15602010

Bestbuy also has openbox version of the same machine at $2100:
https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/al ... x/15753578
Last edited by GQinfinity on Dec 26th, 2021 7:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
27 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7431 posts
2506 upvotes
BC
115W (+10W boost) TGP 3070 for those who are wondering.

May 3, 2007
563 posts
850 upvotes
地球
Friends don't let friends buy dell
My wallet can only handle so much, must stop looking
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7813 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
Vtlegend wrote: Friends don't let friends buy dell
Word. If you can wait for the build time, the Legion 7 has a nicer screen, better build quality, better cooling, better battery life and you have the option for a Ryzen chip.

The Alienware just has way too many shortcomings.

Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2013
1000 posts
1213 upvotes
Barrie
unshavenyak wrote: Word. If you can wait for the build time, the Legion 7 has a nicer screen, better build quality, better cooling, better battery life and you have the option for a Ryzen chip.

Have had both (and still have the Legion 7i) and definitely agree about the better cooling (Alienware sounds like a jet engine in order to maintain temps), about the same build quality (the Alienware is a full magnesium chassis after all) but the screen is definitely better with the Alienware; 140% sRGB, 100% Adobe RGB and DCI-P3, and 240Hz is definitely nicer. Side by side, no comparison. However, the better overall package is absolutely the Legion.
Dec 11, 2015
87 posts
55 upvotes
TheGuard wrote: Have had both (and still have the Legion 7i) and definitely agree about the better cooling (Alienware sounds like a jet engine in order to maintain temps), about the same build quality (the Alienware is a full magnesium chassis after all) but the screen is definitely better with the Alienware; 140% sRGB, 100% Adobe RGB and DCI-P3, and 240Hz is definitely nicer. Side by side, no comparison. However, the better overall package is absolutely the Legion.
I was seriously considering cancelling my unshipped Legion 7i (ordered on Dec 13 with promised shipping on Dec 14), but in the end, I feel like I've come this far in my waiting game that I'll just continue waiting.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7813 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
TheGuard wrote: Have had both (and still have the Legion 7i) and definitely agree about the better cooling (Alienware sounds like a jet engine in order to maintain temps), about the same build quality (the Alienware is a full magnesium chassis after all) but the screen is definitely better with the Alienware; 140% sRGB, 100% Adobe RGB and DCI-P3, and 240Hz is definitely nicer. Side by side, no comparison. However, the better overall package is absolutely the Legion.
Ah, you are right, I was looking at the 1080p screen. I honestly don’t understand why you would take the Intel version over the AMD version. Battery life is close to triple on the AMD version of the M15.
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2013
1000 posts
1213 upvotes
Barrie
unshavenyak wrote: Ah, you are right, I was looking at the 1080p screen. I honestly don’t understand why you would take the Intel version over the AMD version. Battery life is close to triple on the AMD version of the M15.
It's very true, but the reason I went with Intel is NVMe PCIe 4.0 on the main drive, 16 lanes of PCIe 4.0 to the GPU (vs 8 lanes of PCIe 3.0 with AMD), and thunderbolt 4. Otherwise, yes, the battery life is MILES better with the AMD.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7813 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
TheGuard wrote: It's very true, but the reason I went with Intel is NVMe PCIe 4.0 on the main drive, 16 lanes of PCIe 4.0 to the GPU (vs 8 lanes of PCIe 3.0 with AMD), and thunderbolt 4. Otherwise, yes, the battery life is MILES better with the AMD.
If you look at the drive benchmarks, the Intel version of the M15 comes nowhere close to using the PCIe 4.0’s potential. It’s Read/Write are close to half those of the Gigabyte Aero with Tiger Lake using the same nVME.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
Vtlegend wrote: Friends don't let friends buy dell
Honest question, I am seriously considering getting this one if the Rakuten increases tomorrow for dell canada.

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/gaming- ... rt_section

Can anyone offer a reason against it?
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2005
7813 posts
3862 upvotes
Germany
PriceHunter wrote: Honest question, I am seriously considering getting this one if the Rakuten increases tomorrow for dell canada.

https://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/gaming- ... rt_section

Can anyone offer a reason against it?
-Runs hot
-Attrocious battery life
-Loud fans—40+ dB in “Quiet” mode
-nVME read/write is no where near other PCI-e 4x Tiger Lake laptops
-Keybord deck flex
-Display wobble
-Alienware software is buggy

All the drawbacks are in the video I posted. Just get a Legion 7 if you have time to wait.
Last edited by unshavenyak on Dec 25th, 2021 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
colonelsmoke wrote: No cool RGB keyboard lol
Hey, you are the dell deals guy, I got the one you posted couple of days ago, but might do the 10% trick to get this one if Rakuten gets something similar to the 8% back.

But seriously, why did that other member bash Dell? I have gotten a INSPIRON 15 AMD 5000 SERIES 5505 beginning of the year for a family member, and they had no complaint what so ever.
Stay strong, situation always looks harder and that it will never end when you are in the middle of it, but remember past experiences, everything has an ending.
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2015
3673 posts
4140 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: -Runs hot
-Attrocious battery life
-Loud fans
-nVME read/write is no where near other PCI-e 4x Tiger Lake laptops
-Keybord deck flex
-Display wobble
-Alienware software is buggy

All the drawbacks are in the video I posted. Just get a Legion 7 if you have time to wait.
Are you referencing the link I posted for the G15 or the one posted by the deal here for alienware?
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26012 posts
211310 upvotes
GTA
Although I don't need it, the cash back makes these deals more and more appealing - Rakuten cash back has gone up to 12%!
Jun 28, 2020
614 posts
400 upvotes
I do not get why people are downvoting this. This is clearly a better deal than the Legion 7. Quality, performance, and prestige in one package for just $1,987 after rakuten and tax.
All the way from +62
Deal Addict
Apr 2, 2013
1000 posts
1213 upvotes
Barrie
coztex wrote: I do not get why people are downvoting this. This is clearly a better deal than the Legion 7. Quality, performance, and prestige in one package for just $1,987 after rakuten and tax.
If by prestige you mean overheating unless you put on max fans and undervolt (oh wait, Dell disabled that in an updated BIOS), a buggy ACC that often hangs and crashes unless you specifically wait a minute after startup to use it and even then, Dell crippling their GPU to 125W instead of 140W like their X15 in order to make that terrible, thin afterthought with no ports seem like the better system, oversights like secondary function keys not backlit, then yes, so much prestige /s
In all seriousness, no, the Legion 7 is definitely the better system. The only thing the Alienware has over the Legion is the beautiful QHD display and even then, the 16" on the Legion is bigger and brighter.
Sep 1, 2006
477 posts
394 upvotes
Newmarket
I think it's funny that someone says "Get the Legion if you have time to wait". Yeah, I don't think anyone is going to wait for months for a laptop when you can have something equally as good in a couple weeks at a fantastic price.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
3297 posts
3195 upvotes
unshavenyak wrote: Word. If you can wait for the build time, the Legion 7 has a nicer screen, better build quality, better cooling, better battery life and you have the option for a Ryzen chip.

I wouldn't make my decision based on a click bait YouTube video, that said it seems everyone has come to the same conclusion for this machine when using the more high end gpu. Most reviewers had the 3080, which I imagine needs the most cooling.