Dell asking for identification paper

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2018 12:21 pm
[OP]
Dec 26, 2017
6 posts
4 upvotes

Dell asking for identification paper

I just ordered a tv on Dell Canada today and I received a mail asking me for my latest utility bill and identification, I searched the forum and this happened in the past for dell financing, but the problem is I paid by credit card... Why do they need my hydro bill and a copy of my driver licence. This is intense.

This is what i received in French. I immediatly responded to ask why, but I didnt get any response. I called and they didn't want to give me the information because the guy left for the day... Has anyone sent Dell their identification papers in the past? The rebate isn't even that great. I'm thinking for cancelling my order.

Votre commande a été vérifiée, mais malheureusement il nous manque un élément pour pouvoir la valider. La pièce manquante est un justificatif de domicile à l’adresse de livraison (dernière facture d’Hydro-Québec ou du Téléphone cellulaire) + une copie de pièce d’identité. Dès réception des documents, votre commande sera validée et partira en production.
5 replies
Nov 21, 2014
482 posts
501 upvotes
Atlantic
Are you sure the email was from a legitimate Dell email?
Deal Addict
Feb 28, 2005
2819 posts
893 upvotes
Montreal
It may be fraud verification, but it doesn't really make sense.
Seems odd, I would of thought your credit card company would be the one you'd have to follow on this with.
Are you shipping to the credit card's billing address?
Koodo & Tangerine customer since 2006
[OP]
Dec 26, 2017
6 posts
4 upvotes
EasyCompany251 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 5:57 pm
Are you sure the email was from a legitimate Dell email?
Yes I am pretty sure it is legitimate. I called earlier and the french canadian support asked me the name of the guy and the support told me, I would have to call back tomorrow since he had left for the day and they coudn't help me...
marc_t wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 6:15 pm
It may be fraud verification, but it doesn't really make sense.
Seems odd, I would of thought your credit card company would be the one you'd have to follow on this with.
Are you shipping to the credit card's billing address?
The credit card address is the same as the billing and the shipping address. I'll call back tomorrow and update the post. I did not apply for financing, so it doesn't make any sense to me too.
[OP]
Dec 26, 2017
6 posts
4 upvotes
For your info, I called this morning. After waiting 1 hour on the line and waiting, I decided to give them what they wanted by email. 15 minutes after I sent the email, I got confirmation my order was confirmed and it is now showing on dell website...
Deal Addict
May 31, 2003
2954 posts
187 upvotes
Toronto
Rec2008 wrote:
Nov 27th, 2018 5:27 pm
For your info, I called this morning. After waiting 1 hour on the line and waiting, I decided to give them what they wanted by email. 15 minutes after I sent the email, I got confirmation my order was confirmed and it is now showing on dell website...
Lol sounds about Dell smh
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw." - Jack Handey
References
HeatWare