Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Dell.ca - Belkin 12 outlets surge protector with 2 x USB ports - $15.99 free shipping

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 12th, 2013 6:17 pm
Deal Addict
May 13, 2009
4869 posts
9421 upvotes
Scarborough

[Dell] Dell.ca - Belkin 12 outlets surge protector with 2 x USB ports - $15.99 free shipping

This *new* version replaced the coax / phone line protection with 2x USB ports. A more handy function for sure!
$15.99 is not a bad price for this.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/product ... u=A6756623

[IMG]http://snpi.dell.com/snp/images2/200/en ... 6623_2.jpg[/IMG]

•6 Foot Cord (its shorter than the previous version IIRC)
•12 surge protected outlets
•3,996 Joules of protection
•Recessed Power Switch prevents accidental shutdowns
•Protection Indicators show protection is active and outlets are properly grounded
•BlockSpaceTM Outlets accommodate large adapters
•USB Charging for one 2.1A device or two 1A devices
•Low-Profile Plug fits in tight spaces
•Mounting Holes easily secure to walls, baseboards, or furniture

The Belkin 12 outlet surge protector is perfect for home office use. With 6 regular outlets and 6 Blockspace™ outlets, this protector can handle even oversized printer and charger plugs. The convenient USB ports allow you to charge your phone or MP3 player while working, surfing or checking email. This surge protector also features 3996 joules of protection to keep equipment safe and advanced power filtration to help maintain data integrity and optimal system performance.
Get a deal, share a deal
Happy Deal Hunting
98 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 13, 2003
5408 posts
6418 upvotes
The USB ports are much more useful than the coax/phone lines. Not sure if this version will ever go down to $10?
get what is cheap, not what you need :lol:
Deal Addict
Jan 14, 2013
2525 posts
1046 upvotes
Burnaby
no excuse to have 1 -1A and 1 - 2A usb.

both should be 2A especially if its plugged into a wall.

a device will only DRAW as much power as it needs. the usb outlet won't fry the device because its rated higher. it only means it can provide up to 2A
Mar 22, 2012
21 posts
12 upvotes
Oakville
Psykopathik wrote: no excuse to have 1 -1A and 1 - 2A usb.

a device will only DRAW as much power as it needs. the usb outlet won't fry the device because its rated higher. it only means it can provide up to 2A
Not 1-1A and 1-2A, it should be " one 2.1A device or two 1A devices ".
It may be the total designed USB current ability for this device is 2.1A. Raise the current ability will increase the cost of parts.
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2012
1733 posts
727 upvotes
Toronto
it is a good deal, much better than CT flyer this week which surge sale @9.99.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2007
1306 posts
653 upvotes
Toronto
I think its a pretty good product. 2A usb aren't easy to come by and cost like $4+ each even if you buy from places like aliexpress.
Apr 11, 2006
826 posts
818 upvotes
Richmond
That 2A USB port is perfect for powering a Raspberry Pi! :)
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2006
3686 posts
1007 upvotes
Psykopathik wrote: no excuse to have 1 -1A and 1 - 2A usb.

I noticed when you use an iPad wall charger to charge an iPhone, the time to charge to 100% is much shorter than with the iPhone charger. How can this be?
Mar 28, 2006
679 posts
59 upvotes
finally, been looking for these. Thanked
Apr 11, 2006
826 posts
818 upvotes
Richmond
bowmah wrote: I noticed when you use an iPad wall charger to charge an iPhone, the time to charge to 100% is much shorter than with the iPhone charger. How can this be?
It's because the iPhone can draw more than 1A. When you use the iPhone charger, the max that the charger can supply is 1A. When you use the iPad charger that has a 2A max, the iPhone can draw more than 1A, and thus charge faster. Like what Psykopathik said, the charger doesn't PUSH current into the device.
Deal Addict
May 12, 2005
1353 posts
447 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Just placed an order. :)
Banned
May 30, 2013
7 posts
10 upvotes
Toronto
I have the small white one. they are good. ordered an extra one. thanks OP
Deal Addict
Apr 22, 2006
1066 posts
364 upvotes
Centre of Universe
Good price...Amazon has it for $38. Thanks OP.
Aug 24, 2011
566 posts
216 upvotes
thanks op, another one of the things i didnt need at this time but hey..... i wouldnt be a member of rfd if i bought what i needed would i :lol:
Deal Fanatic
Jun 21, 2003
6323 posts
3867 upvotes
Stoney Creek, ON
Gladly grabbed one of these since I currently use 2 of the smaller 3 outlet ones in my room and could use an upgrade to something like this.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)