Shopping Discussion

DELL.ca return: Do they check the product throughly?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2009 1:51 am
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2003
2850 posts
55 upvotes
Markham

DELL.ca return: Do they check the product throughly?

I ordered computer A on Jan 21. I ordered computer A with a monitor combo on Jan 25. Note: computer A from 1st order is exactly the same as computer A in 2nd order.

That said, I want to return the 1st order, but it has already arrived. Can I start using this computer (1st order).....then swap out the HDs (so that I have all my content) when my 2nd order comes before refunding the 1st one.

Would I be harming anybody including myself?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Sep 30, 2004
2713 posts
31 upvotes
I would imagine they have different serial numbers ?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 8, 2006
5267 posts
440 upvotes
Toronto
why would u use the symbol "A" for both computers???? Should of used [QUOTE]Computer A (my first order) and computer B (my second), both computers are the same but B was part of a combo that included a monitor.

That said, I want to return the 1st order, but it has already arrived. Can I start using this computer A.....then swap out the HDs with computer B when it arrives before refunding the 1st one.

Would I be harming anybody including mysel[/QUOTE]

Anyways in regards to your question, if its dell, they don't care as long as htey have their stuff. happend to me with a return i did, but it was a laptop.
Deal Addict
Aug 18, 2008
2720 posts
668 upvotes
Ottawa
Just format your harddrive to erase your data if you don't want it circulating, and send it back.

Although there's a serial number there, no one will waste time checking character for character haha

P.S. Since it's same system it'll still be same hard-drive maker in both

They're pretty lenient :)

Remember, return within 21 days
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 12, 2003
2850 posts
55 upvotes
Markham
I see.

This won't be a problem anymore as order #2 is arriving very soon.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 24, 2001
5630 posts
58 upvotes
Calgary
Both drives are the same make and model? Swap - they won't mind and it's not theft by any stretch. If you want to be really fussy, there are drive-to-drive duplicator programs made from each drive company that you can download and make a bootable CD. Don't forget that Dell has that back-to-factory partition so you'll not only wipe your old data, but put it right back to where they started you. :)
I had an interesting signature once... then it was tarnished forever. :(