Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Dell.com - Dell Streak 16gb Unlocked $400 (potentially US only) Free Shipping w/in US

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 27th, 2010 11:47 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 9, 2005
163 posts
17 upvotes
lorax1284 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2010 8:38 pm
...I have one locked to Rogers that is earmarked for return to Dell under the 30 day return policy... I have already updated it to Froyo... I used the "PPP" code to get a reduced price (that doesn't work anymore on Dell.ca)... I already have return authorization for the device, but if anyone who is unwilling to schlep to the states but wants to take it off my hands for the price I paid ($511 + tax = $577.98 all in) I'd just as soon do that as send it back to Dell.

PM me if anyone is interested... if I don't hear from anyone by late Tuesday, I'll have to send it back.
Just out of curiosity may I ask how you got it to 2.2? and are you sending it back like that(at 2.2)? and 2 why are you returning? I'm just curious as I want to get one but 1.6 is holding me back and the fact that Rogers is not saying if they are going to update.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4800 posts
134 upvotes
GTA
bel4_20 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2010 9:37 pm
Just out of curiosity may I ask how you got it to 2.2? and are you sending it back like that(at 2.2)? and 2 why are you returning? I'm just curious as I want to get one but 1.6 is holding me back and the fact that Rogers is not saying if they are going to update.
www.streaksmart.com

And why wouldn't Rogers update? This device is worldwide (having launched first in the UK, and most recently in Japan). Froyo will roll out officially everywhere, eventually.

I'm still biding my time to see what happens up here. Don't want to have to have a hassle with warranty or anything if purchased from the US.
Rock it.
Sep 9, 2005
163 posts
17 upvotes
chdude3 wrote:
Dec 21st, 2010 9:58 am
www.streaksmart.com

And why wouldn't Rogers update? This device is worldwide (having launched first in the UK, and most recently in Japan). Froyo will roll out officially everywhere, eventually.

I'm still biding my time to see what happens up here. Don't want to have to have a hassle with warranty or anything if purchased from the US.
Why wouldn't Rogers update? I'm not saying they wont I saying that they have not announced anything about a 2.2 update on there streak, the US(at&t) and UK(02) can do what they will and they are rolling out the update on there carrier's, Rogers does not have to follow suit which in turn could mean that they will not update. Now that being said if you bought a "unlocked" Streak from the US that's a different story it will get it's update by Dell direct.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 8, 2005
5624 posts
54 upvotes
Toronto
I think 7" would be outside the normal "phone" range, though still portable in a back or breast pocket.

I went and checked out a Streak the other day, Future Shop has dummy models on display... I have to say I was a little disappointed by the size. I know it would be a big phone, and I expect it to be, but they have about a half inch of space at the top/bottom that doesn't really seem useful (though I suppose there may be hardware in there), I guess what I'm saying is that given the case size, they could have packed on a 5.5 or even 6 inch screen. That said though, I'd rather stay at 5" and cut the case dimensions a little.

I still want to get & use one for a few weeks though, to see what it's like.
:) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :)
:) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :) :) :( :) :( :)
:) it took me 45 minutes to make this signature :(
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2006
1899 posts
379 upvotes
Can you use unlocked Streak on Wind Mobile?
It would be sweet to use Streak with unlimited data.

Thanks.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
4749 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
joongpark wrote:
Dec 24th, 2010 4:23 am

Thanks.

nyet; doesnt use the same bands.. :(
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2007
2481 posts
459 upvotes
bel4_20 wrote:
Dec 20th, 2010 9:37 pm

I searched for "update dell streak 2.2" and tried a bunch of different things and eventually used a package the name which escapes me right now... I honestly think the locked devices are obsolete. Dell may continue to support the UNLOCKED devices with new OS updates, but the partner carriers may choose not to, so I recommend against buying the rogers version. Note that despite my efforts, the device was still locked to Rogers.
na na na na na na na na na NA.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
4749 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
lorax1284 wrote:
Dec 24th, 2010 10:23 am
I searched for "update dell streak 2.2" and tried a bunch of different things and eventually used a package the name which escapes me right now... I honestly think the locked devices are obsolete. Dell may continue to support the UNLOCKED devices with new OS updates, but the partner carriers may choose not to, so I recommend against buying the rogers version. Note that despite my efforts, the device was still locked to Rogers.

apparently they r really easy to unlock, take a look at xda developers;

EDIT: just came across this;
http://mobilesyrup.com/2010/12/14/roger ... ce-for-50/
Deal Addict
May 18, 2006
4749 posts
404 upvotes
Toronto
joongpark wrote:
Dec 24th, 2010 4:23 am

Thanks.

good news, apparently the new streak will be for TMO; hence good for WIND...!!