Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Dell: Inspiron 7000 GTX1060 ($1,154)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2018 9:43 pm
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1327 posts
295 upvotes
B.C.

[Dell] Dell: Inspiron 7000 GTX1060 ($1,154)

New Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming

7th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ Quad Core (6MB Cache, up to 3.8 GHz)
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 graphics
16GB memory.
128GB Solid State Drive (Boot) + 1TB 5400RPM Hard Drive (Storage)
15.6 FHD (1920x1080) IPS Anti-Glare LED Backlit Display
2x2 WiFi antennas improve speed, range and stability while the SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C with Thunderbolt 3 enables up to 40Gb/s transfer speeds so you can game where you want while keeping a stable connection. The Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming laptop’s SuperSpeed USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-C port with Thunderbolt 3 can support a single 5K display or dual 4K display output.
1 Year In-Home Support included!

$1,449
-$100 ($100OFF$1300PC)
5%OFF(STUDENTFIVEOFF )
==========
$1,282.49
$128.24 (10% Ebates)
=$1,154

You also get another $43 promo card from Dell.
Last edited by parapudaw on Sep 22nd, 2017 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
118 replies
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1164 posts
701 upvotes
Perth
It's pretty much gotten to the pricepoint where it makes more sense to buy a gaming laptop, than to build your own gaming PC, and it's portable and energy efficient. I've been building my gaming rigs for decades now, but I don't think I'm going to bother on my next upgrade.
Aug 10, 2006
687 posts
77 upvotes
Toronto
I'm looking at gaming laptops myself. Would you say this is a very hot deal or is there something else to look at as well?
Dec 25, 2016
59 posts
72 upvotes
Cero21 wrote: I'm looking at gaming laptops myself. Would you say this is a very hot deal or is there something else to look at as well?
I personally think it is hot. 1060 6gb, ssd, amazing cpu, thunderbolt for ~1,200$ is really good imo.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1327 posts
295 upvotes
B.C.
Cero21 wrote: I'm looking at gaming laptops myself. Would you say this is a very hot deal or is there something else to look at as well?
IMO, Yes it is since it's the latest (7577). It might take a while for this model to have a similar price since this was just released a few weeks ago. If you want a more cheaper one, take a look at the older model (7567) with 1050TI but without a USB-C/Thunderbolt.
Jul 25, 2013
145 posts
13 upvotes
OTTAWA
Out of curiousity, anyone come across a review of how long battery life would last on this thing if you were 'netflixing'? Are we talking 2-3 hrs like the old gaming laptop?

As a comparison, an i5, 1050Ti version has ~11h of web surfing time (https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/lapto ... on-15-7000) which I imagine translates to a good 5-6h of video time. But this 1060 model has a downgraded battery, untop of more power draining components.

A conservative estimate would be 25% decrease across the board in power, meaning ~8h of web surfing and ~4h of video streaming. Not below average I guess!
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1474 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
Looks good if you don't want to hold it for Black Friday or Boxing Day. Though even if you do nothing is guaranteed. Any idea on the dell 0% financing for this price?
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1327 posts
295 upvotes
B.C.
lly091 wrote: Out of curiousity, anyone come across a review of how long battery life would last on this thing if you were 'netflixing'? Are we talking 2-3 hrs like the old gaming laptop?

As a comparison, an i5, 1050Ti version has ~11h of web surfing time (https://www.laptopmag.com/reviews/lapto ... on-15-7000) which I imagine translates to a good 5-6h of video time. But this 1060 model has a downgraded battery, untop of more power draining components.

A conservative estimate would be 25% decrease across the board in power, meaning ~8h of web surfing and ~4h of video streaming. Not below average I guess!
I wouldn't buy it if battery is my concern. This sums it all except for the price.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/laptop-re ... 17-review/

HIGHS

New specs aim to (better) compete with high-end gaming laptops
New color scheme is attractive, yet utilitarian
“Silky plastic” material adds upscale design
IPS display panel improves over prior model

LOWS

Battery is much smaller than before
Deal Addict
Aug 31, 2005
1495 posts
1037 upvotes
Richmond
sneaky wrote: It's pretty much gotten to the pricepoint where it makes more sense to buy a gaming laptop, than to build your own gaming PC, and it's portable and energy efficient. I've been building my gaming rigs for decades now, but I don't think I'm going to bother on my next upgrade.
I used to dislike the idea of mobile gaming at all, but it was only because the top of the line gaming laptop was still nowhere near a desktop while being two or three times as expensive. That was still true uptil 10xx series GTX mobile chip became available.

Nowadays a mobile gaming laptop can get close to 70 - 80% of a desktop, for nearly the same price. If you are going to need a laptop anyway and don't need top of the line performance. Why not just get a laptop and skip the desktop entirely? You might end up save money not buying the desktop. Plus you no longer need to sync files and manage two computers. The only draw back is the lack of upgrade path/

Since laptop performance is "good enough" for me and most people anyway. I'm starting to think about doing this myself.
Apr 9, 2012
425 posts
179 upvotes
Will this work with the tb 16 dock? Got an xps and gf is looking for a gaming rig
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1164 posts
701 upvotes
Perth
ID01 wrote: I used to dislike the idea of mobile gaming at all, but it was only because the top of the line gaming laptop was still nowhere near a desktop while being two or three times as expensive. That was still true uptil 10xx series GTX mobile chip became available.

Nowadays a mobile gaming laptop can get close to 70 - 80% of a desktop, for nearly the same price. If you are going to need a laptop anyway and don't need top of the line performance. Why not just get a laptop and skip the desktop entirely? You might end up save money not buying the desktop. Plus you no longer need to sync files and manage two computers. The only draw back is the lack of upgrade path/

Since laptop performance is "good enough" for me and most people anyway. I'm starting to think about doing this myself.
EXACTLY!!! :)
Deal Addict
May 3, 2008
1164 posts
701 upvotes
Perth
Yes... this is a solid gaming laptop for the price.
Mar 9, 2011
549 posts
204 upvotes
Coquitlam
Damn, this is a really good deal. I'm torn between getting this or waiting for the Acer Helios 300 to go on sale (was $899 USD before, now $1049 USD), or maybe compromise some gaming capability but getting the new 8th gen laptop.

Does this deal only last until the end of today?
Sep 21, 2017
19 posts
19 upvotes
Would this computer be good for HD video editing? Is it too little, too much, just right?
Mar 2, 2015
280 posts
199 upvotes
Toronto, ON
skidragoon wrote: Looks good if you don't want to hold it for Black Friday or Boxing Day. Though even if you do nothing is guaranteed. Any idea on the dell 0% financing for this price?
I guess it's available for 6 months.

No interest for 6 months on Dell Inspiron, XPS, Alienware or Chromebook of $599 or more.
Mar 10, 2008
440 posts
27 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
This is a great deal, but I cannot get the ebates to work with it for some reason.
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2005
1474 posts
477 upvotes
Toronto
Found this just below that

No interest for 12 months on Dell Inspiron, XPS, Alienware or Chromebook systems of $999 or more.

Limited-time offer for qualified customers using 48 month Installment Loan. Other conditions apply.

From what I read I believe it needs to be paid off in 12 months to qualify.
Mar 9, 2011
549 posts
204 upvotes
Coquitlam
murillogomes wrote: I guess it's available for 6 months.
Oh, I guess I'll just wait till BF and see if there are other better deals out there; if not I'll snatch this up at that time.
Dec 31, 2015
422 posts
69 upvotes
Mars
Seriously thinking about biting... How long is this deal on? Any reviews? Could this play civ 6 at max settings? How portable is this laptop?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)