Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Dell: Inspiron 7000 GTX1060 ($1,154)

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 2nd, 2017 12:55 pm
Nov 25, 2016
91 posts
64 upvotes
Got it too. Fairly understated for a gaming laptop in this budget but not a huge fan of the massive bezels. Also, when I tried playing dota I was thinking that my housemate was using the blender in the kitchen but then I realized that it was the fan. This might be a possible dealbreaker but am going to stick with it for a couple of weeks before deciding. The box that it came in looked all worn which is odd for what is not an el-cheapo laptop.
Apr 20, 2006
504 posts
138 upvotes
SumTinkWong wrote:
Oct 6th, 2017 8:33 pm
Just received it today. I'm in Burnaby, BC. Love it so far, its got a fingerprint scanner unlock but it wasn't advertised which is a bonus. Everything running perfect so far, using it as my new desktop for gaming.
What is your status on the order? In production?
Sep 22, 2017
6 posts
1 upvote
Here's another review of the laptop

The boost clock close to the standard laptop GTX 1060 is a nice surprise

I received mine yesterday, and pretty pleased with it.

The fingerprint sensor is nice and fast, and with lower brightness I could likely get 5-6 hours with light browsing and youtube videos
My only real gripe about it would be the screen, there's a little backlight bleed near the top of the panel at higher brightness levels, but coming from a 2012 rMBP it's probably a little unfair to compare them

I haven't tried overclocking the GPU yet, but it survived prime95 overnight and gaming afterwards with a CPU undervolt of -120mV
I might be able to push it a little more but XCOM2 started to freeze at -130mV, but YMMV depending on the silicon lottery
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1095 posts
178 upvotes
I got mine today. 2 things that I wanted to do first.
- Update the 128 SSD to at least 250G. Any recommendations/deals at this point? Currently looking at this one from MemoryExpress. Good price?
- Update the OS to Windows Pro version.
Oct 10, 2004
713 posts
82 upvotes
Winnipeg
parapudaw wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 11:46 am
I got mine today. 2 things that I wanted to do first.

- Update the OS to Windows Pro version.
Is there any way to do this for free?
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
4824 posts
939 upvotes
Brampton
ficklen wrote:
Oct 7th, 2017 7:00 am
What is your status on the order? In production?
Hey, i say you call DELL, cause we recieved without any emails of shipping. do you work from home ? are you available at home during day time ? may be they came and left . look for a notice ..
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2007
4824 posts
939 upvotes
Brampton
i bought this for my wife who is a civil engineer and so far no issues with Auto Cad 2017, Visual Analysis 17, Hilti Program and some 100MB PDF files are opening with no issues . So far she is loving this power house !!!!
Mar 2, 2015
75 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
My delivery date was updated to 04/12/2017

Estimated Delivery Date: 04/12/2017 (updated)

Contacted Dell support and the CSR told me it was shipped yesterday :)
Apr 20, 2006
504 posts
138 upvotes
Jafaking wrote:
Oct 5th, 2017 12:33 am
Are you able to update your nvidia drivers? I did do the scan app and it downloaded the drivers for me but when trying to install it says installations can't continue. This graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware. So far I read dell has control on what drivers are allowed to be installed and the current drivers we have is really out of date.
Any update on this? I noticed playing a few steam games the only gpu option was the shitty intel driver
Mar 2, 2015
75 posts
29 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I was able to update the drivers without any problem, using the GeForce Experience software. Now I have the 388.13 version installed.