Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Dell P2715Q 4k 27" Monitor (as low as $572)

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 16th, 2017 12:02 pm
Dec 22, 2001
456 posts
225 upvotes

[Dell] Dell P2715Q 4k 27" Monitor (as low as $572)

This has already been posted in the Dell days of Deals thread, but I feel hot enough for its own thread.
I'm going to give credit to nGord who posted in the 12 Days of Deals thread, I did the same thing independently, but I'm just copying what he posted and pasting it here. (Edited slightly with with Ontario tax).

Total for P2715Q monitor: $917 - $287 = $630 -10%OFFMONITOR (= $63) =~ $567 + $12.25 eco fee =~ $579 + HST (ONT) =~ $655 - 10% ebates ($56) = $600.
- 5% Dell Advantage Program (= $28 back in 90-day promo card) = $572

Already got the email from ebates.
17 replies
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2588 posts
2052 upvotes
Clarington
Monitor is a 4k 60hz IPS 9ms grey to grey

Here come the army of people that say 27" is too small for 4k, followed by the army of people that say 9ms is too slow for gaming, followed by the army of people that say 144hz or busy, followed by...
Dec 12, 2014
52 posts
11 upvotes
Toronto, ON
... hello
will wait til $100
Deal Guru
Apr 17, 2003
10644 posts
7234 upvotes
This is at 99% sRGB... Is it a good deal at this price?
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7387 posts
3683 upvotes
GTA
Actually, this seems to be a pretty hot deal!
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2007
1008 posts
112 upvotes
Markham
Amazon, and several google search results displayed 4.5/5 stars.

I might just pull the trigger
RFD makes me poor =(
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2626 posts
2586 upvotes
Vancouver
Bawler wrote: Monitor is a 4k 60hz IPS 9ms grey to grey

Here come the army of people that say 27" is too small for 4k, followed by the army of people that say 9ms is too slow for gaming, followed by the army of people that say 144hz or busy, followed by...

144HZ OR BUSY!!!!
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
2588 posts
2052 upvotes
Clarington
evanwier wrote: 144HZ OR BUSY!!!!
Bah! I'm not even going to go back and correct that.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 19, 2005
5203 posts
2486 upvotes
Vancity
I'd pull the trigger on this if I didn't already have a Dell 24" 4K.
signature closed for renovation
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2016
2913 posts
3056 upvotes
Toronto
I have this monitor since early 2015. Pretty decent and well made, but yep, imho 27" is rather small for 4K. Most of time I feel I'd be better with 27" 1440p (or maybe dual 27" 1440p);

But at this price is a great buy -especially if you need those extra pixels.

Ah - One thing that annoys me a bit is some issue it have that wouldn't recognise miniDisplay Port sometimes when it sleeps or tilt... I've read somewhere it was an issue on rev.A01, they probably are shipping the newer rev.A03 or so..
huuuu! (¬'-')¬ C-('-'Q) straight!
Nov 6, 2016
56 posts
17 upvotes
neonic wrote: I have this monitor since early 2015. Pretty decent and well made, but yep, imho 27" is rather small for 4K. Most of time I feel I'd be better with 27" 1440p (or maybe dual 27" 1440p);

But at this price is a great buy -especially if you need those extra pixels.

Ah - One thing that annoys me a bit is some issue it have that wouldn't recognise miniDisplay Port sometimes when it sleeps or tilt... I've read somewhere it was an issue on rev.A01, they probably are shipping the newer rev.A03 or so..
I don't think it's too small for 4K. It's more what you want to do with it. I like how text is really sharp on it and it make reading a lot easier on my eye and that's what I do for a living.
I mostly played games that don't need fast reaction time (RPG, turn based strategy) so 144Hz panel doesn't benefit me as much as resolution.

This is a great price for this model. I think I pay $600+ for it on boxing days two years ago.
Feb 27, 2007
140 posts
90 upvotes
PSA - I have a pair of these. They are great monitors but not without their quirks.

If you plan to buy more than one of these monitors for a multi-monitor setup:

Keep in mind that that they are not HDMI 2.0.

If you're running a desktop, hat means you need to be able to have two display port outputs that are 4K/60 capable. So you can't just use those new budget cards that have only 1 dp + 1 hdmi 2.0 card. I've used my monitors with an AMD card (260X with one dp, and my desktop motherboard providing the second dp off the onboard GPU on my i7) and now an Nvidia GTX 950 (with dual dp). Anecdata but I found the monitor to be pretty flaky with the Radeon card and drivers. The Nvidia card and drivers has been pretty much rock solid for me. If you have multiple DPs on your motherboard coming off your Intel's onboard GPU, that is rock solid too.

If you're running multi monitor off a laptop, you're going to need to make sure you can somehow provide two 4k/60 displayport outs. Whether this be a built in displayport + usb-c with displayport, thunderbolt3 and a dual displayport hub, or an eGPU.

FWIW, I am running at 100% scaling, but I have a standing setup and good eyeglasses. YMMV if you want to do that. Most people who see my setup think I'm nuts.
Feb 27, 2007
140 posts
90 upvotes
Bawler wrote: Monitor is a 4k 60hz IPS 9ms grey to grey

I have a pair of these at 100% scaling. I use these for work in a standing setup and I have single vision glasses that allow me to see them clearly from the distance I work at. It's definitely not for everyone, but if you can do it, it's great.

Once you get the taste of the real estate that one of these monitors can provide, it only takes days before you want another one (which is why I bought my second).

Even now, because my text editor pretty much eats most of one screen, and my other tools don't really have much room, I could go for another pair of these monitors. The problem is then that I'd need a 4k60 capable GPU with 4 display port outs, a 4 monitor stand, and i'd be cranking my neck like crazy to see the outer edges of a setup like that.

If you like to keep windows open and have a lot of tools visible on the screen, you will never ever have enough real estate.
Dec 22, 2001
456 posts
225 upvotes
slantyyz wrote: I have a pair of these at 100% scaling. I use these for work in a standing setup and I have single vision glasses that allow me to see them clearly from the distance I work at. It's definitely not for everyone, but if you can do it, it's great.

Once you get the taste of the real estate that one of these monitors can provide, it only takes days before you want another one (which is why I bought my second).

Even now, because my text editor pretty much eats most of one screen, and my other tools don't really have much room, I could go for another pair of these monitors. The problem is then that I'd need a 4k60 capable GPU with 4 display port outs, a 4 monitor stand, and i'd be cranking my neck like crazy to see the outer edges of a setup like that.

If you like to keep windows open and have a lot of tools visible on the screen, you will never ever have enough real estate.
I'm not sure what type of work you're doing, but with a 4 monitor setup, wouldn't you want to go for one like these.

Deal Addict
Mar 12, 2016
1328 posts
1337 upvotes
The website page did not load now?
Pretty good price for 4K monitor. Want one!
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5381 posts
5000 upvotes
Toronto
You can get the Asus PB287Q for $500 any day of the week. I paid $400 for a new one on Kijiji 8 months ago.
Dec 22, 2001
456 posts
225 upvotes
Those 2 monitors are very different animals. IPS vs. TN panels. I'll let others go into detail or do the googling.

There is really only 1 other monitor that would 'close' to this in terms of specs, which actually might be better for gamers and that's the LG 27UD68-w (NCIX has it for $580)

After reading a few reviews (wirecutter, digital trends, 4k.com) I decided to bite at this price point.

What I REALLY want is the 31.5" LG TRUE 4k dispaly (4096x2160) LG 31MU97-B but at more than twice the price, I just couldn't justify it.
Feb 27, 2007
140 posts
90 upvotes
Fresco wrote: I'm not sure what type of work you're doing, but with a 4 monitor setup, wouldn't you want to go for one like these.
Getting a stand is probably the easiest part of a four monitor setup. My problem is with all the extras I'd have to get to support a four monitor setup, remembering that these monitors don't do HDMI 2.0. I'd basically get a graphics card with four displayports (my desktop only has one pcie slot), make sure my standing desk can handle the weight load and not tip over too. To vertically center a four monitor setup at eye level (which would mean looking at the bezels too), the desktop would have to be lowered so far that my keyboard tray would be way too low to be ergonomic, etc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)