Shopping Discussion

Dell Finally get the Mystery Coupon Right (almost)

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 22nd, 2009 1:00 pm
Tags:
None
May 14, 2006
43 posts
2 upvotes

Dell Finally get the Mystery Coupon Right (almost)

Apparently it only works in the small business section, but I finally got a "Mystery Coupon" from Dell that works the way it should. 25%, 30% or 35% of any system over $699. Not some pointer to a website with pre-configured systems with the priced jacked up 20% like they have in the past. Just a coupon code you apply at checkout.

Specifically: "Save 25%, 30% or 35% on select* Dell™ Latitude™ laptops, OptiPlex™ desktops, Dell Precision™ workstations, and also PowerEdge™ servers priced $699 or more (before taxes, fees, shipping and handling) with your Mystery Coupon* code"

Now having said that, I tried applying the coupon to my cart and it said I have 25% off, but didn't apply the discount. So I won't celebrate yet until can see the discount on the bottom line.

Also in the same message was a code for 20, 25, or 30% or monitors and unlocked cell phones. There seems to be good monitor deals when purchased with a PC, but I'll hang onto that until I'm sure.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 19, 2006
4624 posts
1064 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
nothing in hot deals yet, seems like your the only one (who reported it) who's gotten it....
May 14, 2006
43 posts
2 upvotes
Hellfire wrote: Its a US Mystery Coupon. I got 30%.
Ah, that would explain the lower prices. I didn't know Dell US had my email. With the dollar the way it is, this might still be worth exploring.

So my point to Dell Canada still stands... This is the way the mystery coupon should work.
Deal Guru
Feb 13, 2004
10602 posts
687 upvotes
Mississauga
TBone2K wrote: Ah, that would explain the lower prices. I didn't know Dell US had my email. With the dollar the way it is, this might still be worth exploring.

So my point to Dell Canada still stands... This is the way the mystery coupon should work.
Coupon is no different then any other dell coupon. You glossed over the word "select". Yes, they added the $699 clause, but you can still interpret that only select $699+ systems will be reduced, and not all of them. Would explain how you confirmed that albeit you applied the coupon successfully, saw no discount on your shopping cart - that is, your shopping cart lacked the "select" systems.

Bon appetite.
May 14, 2006
43 posts
2 upvotes
dmdsoftware2 wrote: Would explain how you confirmed that albeit you applied the coupon successfully, saw no discount on your shopping cart - that is, your shopping cart lacked the "select" systems.
The reason I saw no discount in my cart on the first attempt was because I had not read the details of the coupon. I had selected a model (optiplex 760) the wasn't applicable for the coupon. That's what they meant by "select".

Knowing that, I didn't use any links in the email, I went straight to Dell.com, configured a system and applied the coupon and it worked.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)