BST: Computer Hardware, Tablets, Software & Accessories

[FS] Dell Hackintosh Desktop with Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.6, Windows XP, and Ubuntu Linux

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 7th, 2010 11:39 am
[OP]
Apr 5, 2010
11 posts
Richmond, Virginia
Trader Score: 0

Dell Hackintosh Desktop with Mac OSX Leopard 10.5.6, Windows XP, and Ubuntu Linux

This computer is a Dell Dimension 4300s.

******As far as I know, this machine is legal, OSX has been installed without hacks to the software, and I have read the user agreement for Mac OSX Leopard (10.5) and it says it can't be installed on non mac labeled machines. I know this may sound a little crazy, but it does have an apple sticker on the side. So as far as I know, like I said, it's legal.******

Specifications:

Processor: 1.60Ghz Pentium 4
Amount of RAM: 768 total (1x 256mb, 1x 512mb)
Hard drive space: 2x 80Gb drives (Mac OSX occupies one 80gb all by itself - Windows and Ubuntu share the other 80gb)
Systems: Mac OS X 10.5.6 Leopard, Windows XP, and Ubuntu Linux 9.10
PCI Cards: 2 USB 2.0 slots, and a wireless card for wifi
USB slots: 2 in front, 4 in back
DVD Writer

And I think that's all.

The computer is missing the two gray parts on the top and the bottom of the computer. but everything still works fine and it doesn't mess anything up. I promise it doesn't make any difference if they're there or not.

Selling for $345.

PM me if you want it. May lower price.
7 replies
[OP]
Apr 5, 2010
11 posts
Richmond, Virginia
Nubee wrote: are you really from the US?
Yes. I don't want to sound rude, I'm friendly, but is that a problem?
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2004
2496 posts
24 upvotes
GTA
Trader Score: 70 (100% Positive)
CameraTester wrote: Yes. I don't want to sound rude, I'm friendly, but is that a problem?
Not at all. Just have to ask, as I haven't seen a neighbor visit this forum in a while as most sellers/buyers here are Canadians. Don't get the wrong idea though, it's a free country and everybody is welcome. Enjoy your stay :)
Stuff for sale/trade/wtb
Computer Stuff
My Heatware
Ebay
[OP]
Apr 5, 2010
11 posts
Richmond, Virginia
Nubee wrote: Not at all. Just have to ask, as I haven't seen a neighbor visit this forum in a while as most sellers/buyers here are Canadians. Don't get the wrong idea though, it's a free country and everybody is welcome. Enjoy your stay :)
Why thank you! :D
[OP]
Apr 5, 2010
11 posts
Richmond, Virginia
I forgot to add that the boot loader is grub. It's configured to boot all three operating systems.