• Last Updated:
  • Dec 9th, 2010 8:44 pm
[OP]
Dec 11, 2008
877 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto

[Dell] Dell Hot Deal - Belkin Laptop Lounge $24.99 free shipping

Regular $42.99. Sells for $32.99 at NCIX. This seems to be a more comfortable lap version of the basic Belkin Laptop Cooler which sells for $20 - $30 (currently on sale for $19.99).

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/product ... dellSearch
8 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
5371 posts
892 upvotes
Toronto
RFD_Paul wrote:
Dec 6th, 2010 4:40 pm
Regular $42.99. Sells for $32.99 at NCIX. This seems to be a more comfortable lap version of the basic Belkin Laptop Cooler which sells for $20 - $30 (currently on sale for $19.99).

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/product ... dellSearch
I remember Price matching it last year with BB it comes in $13 but the fan is noisy after 6 months of usage.
Deal Addict
Dec 15, 2004
2476 posts
249 upvotes
North York
cgtlky wrote:
Dec 6th, 2010 6:42 pm
I remember Price matching it last year with BB it comes in $13 but the fan is noisy after 6 months of usage.

have opened it and cleaned it?
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Google Nexus via Mobilicity $25 BTS unlimited talk/text/data

:lol: $5,000.00 CASH < 2 Minutes :lol:
:lol: McD's
Online Monopoly Winner :lol:
Nov 14, 2008
111 posts
5 upvotes
thanks, ordered the one on ur link the other day (ur link is to a $24.99 laptop lounge but i saw the picture for the $19.99 that ur talking about). the one i ordered just came in and it looks awesome. i like the adjustable angle that i think the cheaper one doesn't have. i can picture the fan being more noisey in 6 months tho like the posting above mentioned
[OP]
Dec 11, 2008
877 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
Just got mine as well. I own the smaller one that I referred to and there are more differences than I had first thought. I can't find detailed specs to link to but I can report the following:

The lounge is significantly wider. Description says it accommodate 17" laptops.
The lounge has a sturdy cushioned bottom. This is the primary reason I got it because it can be used on your lap. The smaller cooler has a weak little foldable stand that easily collapses and can be annoying to use.
The lounge has a bottom lip to hold the laptopn rather than just non-slip pads on the smaller one.

It seems worth it to me. I mostly use these as stands (on desk, bed, or laps) without the fan so that users can use them comfortably and to get the laptops out of blankets and tablecloths that can cutoff normal cooling.

I don't think the fan is so loud and I have owned the smaller cooler for over 2 years now.
Deal Addict
Aug 27, 2003
1342 posts
186 upvotes
RFD_Paul wrote:
Dec 9th, 2010 12:56 pm
The lounge has a sturdy cushioned bottom.

Is it a padded cushion base (I'm referring to the part of the stand that raises the back end)? From the pictures on TigerDirect, it looks like this part is just a hollow piece of plastic that attaches to the bottom.
Jan 21, 2007
466 posts
183 upvotes
Calgary, AB
OOS, do I really have to call the number? or can I just checkout and backorder it?
[OP]
Dec 11, 2008
877 posts
79 upvotes
Toronto
ShinNoodles wrote:
Dec 9th, 2010 1:08 pm
Is it a padded cushion base (I'm referring to the part of the stand that raises the back end)? From the pictures on TigerDirect, it looks like this part is just a hollow piece of plastic that attaches to the bottom.
Yes, that's correct. It flexible plastic that has 4 height adjustments. Calling it "padded" is an overstatement. It is meant to be on your lap versus the other cooler that has a folding plastic stand.