Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Hot - Sony A6000 Mirrorless camera +16-50mm $579.99 or body only $479.99 + 10% ebates + $15 off +3% dell advantage

• Last Updated:
  • May 1st, 2018 1:45 pm
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2006
7750 posts
1635 upvotes
Have the 18-105mm G and love it, is the only lens on my a6000, 90% of the time. If I have to enter the market again, I would pick the 18-105mm over the 18-135mm for these reasons:

1)Fixed F4 and is a better G series Lens
2)Physical Build and Presents of the G lens - Nice size to grip and Metal finish, is longer and wider but non extending.
3)No AF/MF button on the G lens - Couldn't count how many times I accidentally flipped on my other lens, HATE that.
4)Power Zoom button on the G lens - Easier to zoom and powered assisted for video but most importantly for me, it triggers the Sony ImageClear Zoom without having a custom button assigned.

More detail comparison with this video.

simon416 wrote: Anyone have experience with the new 18-135mm? Price wise it's the same as 18-105mm G.

Picked up a Sigma art 60mm f2.8 last month for 210, it is very sharp though AF is bit slower than the Sonys.
The Devil made me buy it - RFD. :twisted:
Aug 16, 2010
423 posts
216 upvotes
bvit6667 wrote: The nice thing about Mirrorless (not just Sony but all of them) is that for photography where fast auto-focus is not crucial (such as landscape) it is very easy and inexpensive to purchase and use vintage manual focus prime lenses with adapters. Not for everyone but a lot of people are going this route.
So which adaptor and lens are you using?
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1495 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
sheepe wrote: Looks like the ebates is no longer 10%? I see 2%
Can anyone else confirm this?
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
tweebs2 wrote: So which adaptor and lens are you using?
Lol, seems I've become a lens collector over the winter. I've purchased adapters for: Pentax, Canon FD, M42, Konica, Minolta MD and Yashica and have managed to accumulate a few lenses from each of those companies. It's still possible to find vintage glass in great condition for good prices and the adapters are even cheaper.

My favorite lenses so far are the Pentax Takumar 50mm F1.4 and the Konica 28mm F3.5. the Konica 40mm F1.8 "pancake" lens is small, light and amazingly sharp even wide open.There are a few lenses I haven't used a lot yet but that will change as the weather improves.

It's fun to use vintage manual focus lenses on modern digital cameras. Focus peaking makes it easy. I still prefer modern AF lenses for moving subjects but manual focus for landscape, macro and primarily static subjects gets me involved in a different way...
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Aug 16, 2010
423 posts
216 upvotes
Yes, I was about to pull the trigger and found the same. Dell ebates is coming up at 2%. I guess it's bestbuy with the extra case.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1495 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
How often does ebates have the 10%? Might just wait it out...
Deal Addict
Aug 6, 2007
1235 posts
521 upvotes
Montreal, QC
bvit6667 wrote:
My favorite lenses so far are the Pentax Takumar 50mm F1.4 and the Konica 28mm F3.5. the Konica 40mm F1.8 "pancake" lens is small, light and amazingly sharp even wide open.There are a few lenses I haven't used a lot yet but that will change as the weather improves.

Are these lens the listed mm then 1.5 x APS-C crop factor?
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2011
2593 posts
1186 upvotes
GTA
reggielist wrote: Are these lens the listed mm then 1.5 x APS-C crop factor?
That's right...The 50mm Pentax would effectively be a 75mm
Have a Question? Don't be afraid to ask.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1275 posts
404 upvotes
poorwingman wrote: It depends on how big your space is and how many people you're trying to get in the shot. I thought 35mm was a bit tight and I much prefer my sigma 30mm 1.4.
I even find the 30mm tight. I have been using my rokinon 12mm because I broke my kit lens and have nothing in between yet.
May 12, 2011
294 posts
225 upvotes
TO
sheepe wrote: How often does ebates have the 10%? Might just wait it out...
4-5 times a year.
Mar 14, 2006
122 posts
74 upvotes
busybe wrote: Thanks much for your input. Since I already own the body (nex F3), I am wondering if I should invest 500+ in say for example Olympus (which will give me body+zoom+standard kit lens) or go for sony zoom lens 55-210 which can be roughly 250+ used market.. decision decision.. :).. I want 3 good lens- that's all - one standard(for potraits and nature) one telephoto and may be one macro..
I'm not so much a fan of the 55-210 because it seems to defeat the size benefit of the Sony bodies - I had one for a long while and it sat beautifully in a cabinet (at that time, I preferred a Canon dslr and tele-zoom when I was willing to carry stuff and an Olympus system with 40-150 when I wanted high quality lightweight). However, I've seen the 55-210 lens for $200 used and as I mentioned, it's your easiest way forward - you can easily resell it if you find it doesn't wrk for you.

Also, macro is subjective. If it means close-up of a baseball, many kit lenses will do it (for example, the Olympus 14-42 kit lens can fill a frame with a baseball (not sure about the Sony kit lens, I no longer have one). If you mean a postage stamp or an insect, there are two ways to go. Dedicated macro lenses are usually high quality, slow (smaller/darker aperture), and have a small market, so tend to be relatively expensive. You can also get high quality 2-element (technically an achromatic) filters that go in front of your lens. These are available at differing magnifications on eBay for $25-50 and are tiny. Here's a link to a discussion on them:
https://photo.stackexchange.com/questio ... 6-oss-lens
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2008
1580 posts
289 upvotes
Thanks again for your input! Yes, I did buy some of those magnifying filters from amazon and do a good job. Sony's kit lens is ok when it comes to close up pics, but focus is an issue. Attached couple pics I took a while ago.

robertro wrote: I'm not so much a fan of the 55-210 because it seems to defeat the size benefit of the Sony bodies - I had one for a long while and it sat beautifully in a cabinet (at that time, I preferred a Canon dslr and tele-zoom when I was willing to carry stuff and an Olympus system with 40-150 when I wanted high quality lightweight). However, I've seen the 55-210 lens for $200 used and as I mentioned, it's your easiest way forward - you can easily resell it if you find it doesn't wrk for you.

Also, macro is subjective. If it means close-up of a baseball, many kit lenses will do it (for example, the Olympus 14-42 kit lens can fill a frame with a baseball (not sure about the Sony kit lens, I no longer have one). If you mean a postage stamp or an insect, there are two ways to go. Dedicated macro lenses are usually high quality, slow (smaller/darker aperture), and have a small market, so tend to be relatively expensive. You can also get high quality 2-element (technically an achromatic) filters that go in front of your lens. These are available at differing magnifications on eBay for $25-50 and are tiny. Here's a link to a discussion on them:
https://photo.stackexchange.com/questio ... 6-oss-lens
Images
  • pic1.jpg
  • pic2.jpg
Mar 21, 2005
434 posts
355 upvotes
GTA
Even though I am not in the market for camera, this post was amazing to read. OP did an outstanding job in laying out alternative links. Well done.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2006
1357 posts
291 upvotes
Toronto
Estimated delivery delayed til July 13th now. Was hoping to get this for an upcoming trip end of July, but it's cutting it rather close now.
Deal Addict
Jan 8, 2004
1821 posts
258 upvotes
xtcnrice wrote: Estimated delivery delayed til July 13th now. Was hoping to get this for an upcoming trip end of July, but it's cutting it rather close now.
I just checked my status , at first it was April 23 - June 6 and now July 9th.. I am in the same boat as I need it July. I will keep this order active till I get a better deal or item is shipped or cancel if date is any longer. Mind you I will return this if I do not get my 10% ebates.
Mar 14, 2006
122 posts
74 upvotes
Nice pics! Did you use the regular magnifying filters or achromats; the former are just magnifying lenses and the latter are optically corrected two-element lenses which will produce a noticeably better image. Here's a sample achromat filter:
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Minolta-55mm-Cl ... Swe7laPbPN

Alternatively, for bug and flower macro, you could consider a manual focus lens and adapter - Vivitar 55mm f2.8 macro lens comes to mind as an excellent lens available for very little. For ultra-macro, I find that autofocus is not very relevant.

busybe wrote: Thanks again for your input! Yes, I did buy some of those magnifying filters from amazon and do a good job. Sony's kit lens is ok when it comes to close up pics, but focus is an issue. Attached couple pics I took a while ago.
May 19, 2015
443 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just received 15% coupon through email. Seems like it works for this deal. Ebates @ 2% rn.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2008
1495 posts
169 upvotes
Toronto
AeloHpars wrote: Just received 15% coupon through email. Seems like it works for this deal. Ebates @ 2% rn.
Really? Newsletter email?
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1746 posts
3106 upvotes
Calgary, AB
coolnut wrote: Even though I am not in the market for camera, this post was amazing to read. OP did an outstanding job in laying out alternative links. Well done.
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !