Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Microsoft Store

Dell Inspiron i7559-5012GRY $923.34

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2017 4:10 pm
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2009
2477 posts
1102 upvotes

[Microsoft Store] Dell Inspiron i7559-5012GRY $923.34

Slightly cheaper than it was on Black Friday, previous RFD thread here

I bought one a few months ago and have been satisfied with it.

Specs:

Display - 15.6 in LED-backlit touchscreen with Truelife (3840 x 2160), 10-finger multi-touch support
Processor - Intel Core i7-6700HQ 2.6 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology up to 3.5 GHz
Memory - 8GB DDR3L 1600 MHz
Hard drive size - 1TB SSHD
Operating system - Windows 10 Home, 64-bit
Optical drive - None
Media drive - 2 in 1 card reader (SD/MMC)
Audio- MaxxAudio
Video - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M 4gb
Ports - 3 USB 3.0 • HDMI • Headphone output/Microphone input combo • LAN (10/100/1000)
Battery- 6-cell lithium-ion
Camera - Integrated webcam
Wireless - 802.11ac/a/b/g/n (Miracast enabled)
Bluetooth - Yes
Dimensions- - 383 x 265 x 25.3 mm
Weight - 6.07 lbs (2.75 kg)
Color - Gray
Other - Model number: Inspiron 15 i7559-5012GRY • Keyboard travel: 1.14 mm • Touchpad dimensions: 106 x 80 mm • Backlit keyboard • Keyboard: English • Security lock slot
63 replies
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26011 posts
211303 upvotes
GTA
This is a really good deal, ticks several boxes, just is heavier/plasticky/not as thin as those in the next price tier, but excellent from a value perspective. I am tempted, would probably suit a casual gamer like me just fine.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
2161 posts
3196 upvotes
GTA
I have this and have been very satisfied with it. I will say that 4k streaming is not 100% Smooth. My only gripe.
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2007
2116 posts
1137 upvotes
Warm deal, but not hot. Good performance but last-gen CPU and last-gen GPU.
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2014
3108 posts
3603 upvotes
Richmond Hill, ON
HugsNotDrugs wrote: Warm deal, but not hot. Good performance but last-gen CPU and last-gen GPU.
I have the i5 version bought feb 8, got it on the 15th. Love it so far, plays games flawlessly. Touchscreen is great, the display is unbelievable. About 6 hours battery streaming videos/normal use with battery saver and brightness down, about 2 hours gaming (GTA V, DOOM AT High-Ultra)

i am thinking about sending it back though i have another 2 days to return, the i7 is a nice bump up and i paid $1025 for mine with the $75 discount from the code, before taxes. This one being an i7 and $100 cheaper, its a win win. Maybe Dell will just give me some refund to compensate instead of me sending it back and buying from microsoft. I really do not care that much of the i5 vs i7 if they are willing to give something back. The laptop has been great. I highly recommend it, despite being last gen graphics, it runs games very well. Things close to this price cant even run games like this can. The 1050 and 1050Ti run better, but not a huge noticeable difference. If you notice the difference, then you are someone better off with a 1060 and pay more. Really guys jump on this, if the price is still available by the time you order.
Dec 7, 2013
57 posts
92 upvotes
Vancouver
The new gen model probably will come on sale nearing this price point if you aren't in a hurry. The new tier 2 (256 SSD and 1050Ti) is currently at $1099 after dell discount of $209. The tier 1 (GTX1050) is at $1099 regular price. I suspect it might come down to $999 or $949 when on sale.

I currently own the version sold by microsoft. Bought it during black friday. It's a pretty great laptop when it's working and quite decent deal at $923. However, the one I purchased i just sent of for warranty for the second time. First time the Nvidia GPU failed (in Dec). And now it stopped charging my battery a few days ago. Not very pleased so far. Hope I just drew the short straw and not a sign of things to come for other people
Banned
Mar 13, 2017
78 posts
43 upvotes
What´s the difference in the microsoft signature version?
Apr 2, 2010
775 posts
219 upvotes
Halifax
Another thread had some coupons and such you could stack to get the 1050TI model for 9-someodd, much much better deal. Would find the thread but at work at the moment. At this point I wouldn't pay this much for the 900-series laptops.
Deal Expert
Jun 23, 2005
26011 posts
211303 upvotes
GTA
mrnixxin wrote: Another thread had some coupons and such you could stack to get the 1050TI model for 9-someodd, much much better deal. Would find the thread but at work at the moment. At this point I wouldn't pay this much for the 900-series laptops.
I could be wrong, but I thought that was the one with the 'regular' HD screen, not the higher res touchscreen. I know some people may not care/think the screen is overhyped, but I believe that screen upgrade is normally a few hundred $$ on its own.
Jun 3, 2005
778 posts
289 upvotes
Whitby
I purchased this during the Black Friday deals for slightly more money. Excellent laptop. I easily upgraded the memory to 16GB and installed a 256MB Samsung SSD. I use it almost everyday for video editing. No problems so far.
Apr 11, 2016
3 posts
1 upvote
mrnixxin wrote: Another thread had some coupons and such you could stack to get the 1050TI model for 9-someodd, much much better deal. Would find the thread but at work at the moment. At this point I wouldn't pay this much for the 900-series laptops.
Considering the CPU and the 4k display, some would consider this a better deal...
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3326 posts
1885 upvotes
I bought this laptop back around black friday. Stuck a 512gb SSD and another 8 GB of ram. Thing runs like a dream and the 4k IPS display is awesome.

Battery life is pretty good and its very fast/responsive.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 6, 2005
5785 posts
810 upvotes
danisonline wrote: Considering the CPU and the 4k display, some would consider this a better deal...
Only if you need the extra threads, gaming the i5/i7 will be virtually the same in general and you'd benefit way more from the 1050Ti.

Also this does not have a true 4K display, it is Pen-Tile. You'll notice it's much blurrier than a real display, it downscales from 4K (so it makes your GPU work hard to drive the full 4K but strips the extra pixels after).
Banned
Mar 9, 2017
138 posts
22 upvotes
I'm on the market for a new computer but I'm not that Tech Savvy whats the advantages of going PC over Mac. Keep in mind I've never used a mac either haha
Jul 30, 2005
527 posts
131 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought this exact same model from Christmas for 999.99 minus 10% student discount (wife is a teacher). I believe the 10% discount normally does not apply to sale items, but when ringing it up, I asked at the last minute that my wife was a teacher. They woman a the till said it does not apply, but she also said she will try and apply the education discount and it worked. I paid as fast as they should not have discounted the extra 10%. If you are convincing enough, you can ask the sales person in the store to try and apply the discount to see if works. This is very YMMV, but if you are good at convincing they to try to apply the discount, I am guessing it would work.

Oh, i like the laptop, it is not the best, but it plays the games I want. It is quite loud when under load, but I wear headphones. first thing I did was buy a new m.2 haddrive for it. I bought a samsung EVO m.2 drive (the 850 EVO as I believe the m.2 evo 950 versions will not work) so I could keep the 1 tb harddrive as a secondary drive. If you buy a samsung ssd drive, you can download the samsung migration software. It was easy 10-15 minute job end to end to do.

Here is a video link to do it.
-------------------------------------------
Now located in GVR
Jul 30, 2005
527 posts
131 upvotes
Vancouver
danisonline wrote: Considering the CPU and the 4k display, some would consider this a better deal...
I read that the 4K display is not true 4K. It was somehow a cheater 4k display. You have to google this up though.
-------------------------------------------
Now located in GVR
Oct 8, 2015
229 posts
102 upvotes
Toronto
combine with airmilesshop.com 25x airmiles, works out to 1242 airmiles worth roughly $130.