Expired Hot Deals

[Dell] Dell - Netgear WNR3500L V2 Gigabit Wireless N 300Mbps $59.99 DD-WRT/Tomato compatible

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 8th, 2012 1:48 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
10391 posts
12699 upvotes
Montreal

[Dell] Dell - Netgear WNR3500L V2 Gigabit Wireless N 300Mbps $59.99 DD-WRT/Tomato compatible

Dell hot deal of the day link

Not a super hot deal but decent price for a non-refurb.Had mine running tomato without any probs for over a year .Tons of support at http://www.myopenrouter.com/

Would strongly advise to use this to PM Futureshop so you can be sure to get the V2 , which is the better release

EDIT: According to member johnpa , Dell does ship the V2 model .

Also , Netgear has an iOS/ Android app to be able to control content and media http://www.netgear.com/landing/en-us/netgear-genie.aspx

127 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
1500 posts
49 upvotes
Montreal
Hell I've been using it stock and it works great. I'll probably put Tomato on soon as I've been using that with my old WRT54G.

The only issue being that it's not dualband which is key if you have any legacy devices.
Jan 29, 2005
316 posts
41 upvotes
Thanks for the post: Any idea if this is V2?
Apr 23, 2007
326 posts
46 upvotes
Montreal
Futureshop is selling the V2.

If you want the V2, go in store and PM it!
Deal Guru
Aug 6, 2001
11444 posts
788 upvotes
Mississauga
I am running WNR2000 v2 and I have to tell you, it has been one of the most stable routers I've used in a while (coming from WRT54Gv8 running DDWRT). The stock firmware is rock solid and I always have the option of trying the DDWRT (not impressed with it anymore) or Tomato again.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
6623 posts
634 upvotes
Mad.Whack wrote:
Mar 30th, 2012 7:40 am
Hell I've been using it stock and it works great. I'll probably put Tomato on soon as I've been using that with my old WRT54G.

The only issue being that it's not dualband which is key if you have any legacy devices.
Why is dual band key if you have legacy device? Not many Wireless-N devices comes with 5Ghz support anyway, you'll need to change the wireless adapter $$ if you want it.
5Ghz is only better if there's too much interference on 2.4Ghz but it doesn't penetrate through walls as well
edbert wrote:
Mar 30th, 2012 8:59 am
Thanks for the post: Any idea if this is V2?

I ordered 2 weeks ago and got a V1, the extra NAND storage is not accessible and so far only shibby and toastman (2 days ago) made a build for it, it does have extra memory though.

So you may try a PM at FS
Deal Fanatic
Jul 15, 2008
7936 posts
890 upvotes
Toronto
Daijoubu wrote:
Mar 30th, 2012 9:53 am
I ordered 2 weeks ago and got a V1, the extra NAND storage is not accessible and so far only shibby and toastman (2 days ago) made a build for it, it does have extra memory though.

So you may try a PM at FS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netgear_WNR3500L

Is that wiki article accurate for the v2 specs? In that I mean does it really have 128mb flash + 128mb RAM, that's a lot more than v1.
Jul 30, 2006
958 posts
138 upvotes
Milton
thinking of grabbing this
sounds good... 58 negative (1star) reviews on amazon scares me though (compared to the 118 5 star and 37 4 star)

do I really need dual band?
I'm actually really happy with my netgear (4-5 yeard old gigbabit n) but want to be able to shut down my computer once in a while and just use NAS
Jan 12, 2004
485 posts
81 upvotes
Bought one during a dell deal about a year ago. Overall it was very stable, especially with dd-wrt. My biggest gripe was that the wireless strength wasn't as good as other routers i've used. Even my wrt54g out performed it in that aspect. Also I had a lot of devices connected to it, probably around 12 active at any given time. During heavy usage it would seem to choke a bit. I've since replaced it with a e4200 and couldn't be happier.
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2011
2072 posts
360 upvotes
Winnipeg
I have one of these running stock, I like it better than ddwrt or tomato on it. I got it for 70 bucks a year and a half ago but it's still solid.
---
:twisted:
Mar 19, 2007
261 posts
69 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP! I called Futuer Shop and got a price match. The FS lady happenly put the price at $54.99 by mistake, so I didn't ask the 110% PM. For my new house I just want a OK wireless router so this one should meet my needs. I don't know about the router and don't have time and interest to do the research though.
Mar 30, 2003
132 posts
7 upvotes
Calgary
Grabbed the last V2 on the shelf from the Macleod Trail FS, no problem with the PM.
Just what I was looking for! Thanks OP!
Nov 25, 2003
913 posts
31 upvotes
FS refused to price match because its a "one day deal." Eff that ess.

Edit: order cancelled.
× < >