Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2012

Dell SMB Cyber Monday: Core i3 $279 Linux & $319 Win7 Laptops, Belkin 12-Outlet $9.99

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2012 11:42 pm
Tags:
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2011
2066 posts
360 upvotes
Winnipeg
Must resist surge protector, already have 3, haha
---
:twisted:
Deal Fanatic
Aug 4, 2005
7427 posts
231 upvotes
Brampton
Thanks. Needed another Surge Protector. Only thing I bought online this whole weekend.
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
13682 posts
16346 upvotes
Nice, surge protectors just shipped via purolator! So quick. Wish my laptop order from Friday would speed up!
Apr 7, 2009
395 posts
79 upvotes
Oshawa
Buying the laptop. Should I not even bother trying PayPal?
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
13682 posts
16346 upvotes
Zaphiro wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 9:09 pm
Buying the laptop. Should I not even bother trying PayPal?
You could try. The way to tell if your order goes through properly is if you get two emails. One is an acknowledgement email, the other is a confirmation with order number. If you get that second order, your order is fine.
One of the surge protectors I bought today I used PayPal and it went through fine, while a targus bag I tried to use PayPal with didn't, so I ended up using CC for that.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7377 posts
824 upvotes
Mississauga
So, after talking to Dell and Paypal via phone and email, it seems Dell is having issues with Paypal and a lot are getting declined on their end for no reason - Paypal confirms it is fine and Dell's system is just not accepting the $$$. Below is what the Dell rep sent me to confirm his system is declining it. Paypal just shows as pending for me (due to them not accepting the money). Glad it is a small purchase. I'd be pissed not getting the paypal cashback on a big purchase.
Come chat live, #redflagdeals on EFNet!
My Heatware | RFD Feedback |
Check out my Deals on RFD! | Email me.
Apr 7, 2009
395 posts
79 upvotes
Oshawa
The total cost for your order is CAD $361.26 . Please choose ONE of the following options to pay for your order.
* We're sorry, PayPal is unavailable at this time. Please select another payment method.

-------

What the hell...
Deal Guru
Jan 17, 2009
13682 posts
16346 upvotes
Zaphiro wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 9:34 pm
The total cost for your order is CAD $361.26 . Please choose ONE of the following options to pay for your order.
* We're sorry, PayPal is unavailable at this time. Please select another payment method.

-------

What the hell...
At least you can still get 4% cashback by going through RedFlagDeals green cashback links. I mean 9% would obviously be better, but it's better than nothing if you are forced to use CC.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7377 posts
824 upvotes
Mississauga
Zaphiro wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 9:34 pm

-------

What the hell...
The supervisor I spoke to said it was due to cashback promotions. I tried to use Ebates and Paypal for 9% total. Did you use the RFD cashback and try paypal too?
BobSagget wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 9:42 pm
At least you can still get 4% cashback by going through RedFlagDeals green cashback links. I mean 9% would obviously be better, but it's better than nothing if you are forced to use CC.
They are apparently declining CC too and forcing reorders/providing of new info so the cashback won't apply. When you go to correct it ask them if the cashback still applies - or just check your next statement. You won't get it!
Apr 7, 2009
395 posts
79 upvotes
Oshawa
Avenger wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 9:43 pm
The supervisor I spoke to said it was due to cashback promotions. I tried to use Ebates and Paypal for 9% total. Did you use the RFD cashback and try paypal too?

They are apparently declining CC too and forcing reorders/providing of new info so the cashback won't apply. When you go to correct it ask them if the cashback still applies - or just check your next statement. You won't get it!
Tried CC through PayPal... No luck.

Just ordered with no cashback directly with CC and it worked. It was for a friend and he needs a laptop asap. Hope it ships quickly at least.
Jul 28, 2009
107 posts
2 upvotes
Good price on the surge protectors
Mechanical Keyboards: "The Hype Is Real!"
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7377 posts
824 upvotes
Mississauga
Zaphiro wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 9:46 pm
Tried CC through PayPal... No luck.

Just ordered with no cashback directly with CC and it worked. It was for a friend and he needs a laptop asap. Hope it ships quickly at least.
I'm not quite sure who takes the hit for the cashback, but I wonder if RFD is aware that Dell is screwing visitors who try to utilize their cashback links.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 24, 2007
6976 posts
650 upvotes
Toronto
Ordered surge protector via RFD cashback link and paypal. Got "acknowledged" and "confirmed" emails from Dell. I suppose it went through then.
Now I'm wondering if I actually need it: ordered largely just to test the reported problem with payment.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 6, 2004
7377 posts
824 upvotes
Mississauga
xalex0 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2012 10:20 pm
Ordered surge protector via RFD cashback link and paypal. Got "acknowledged" and "confirmed" emails from Dell. I suppose it went through then.
Now I'm wondering if I actually need it: ordered largely just to test the reported problem with payment.
Good to hear it is working for you. Both myself and a family member used cashback + Paypal with 5% and had "decline" issues. I wonder what the real issue is if some people are able to do it.
× < >