Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Sony Camera Lens NEX E-mount 15% ebates - 5% dell advantage

• Last Updated:
  • May 11th, 2017 10:54 pm
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
GPS wrote: I love my Sigma 30mm f1.4 . I also got the Sony SEL50F18 which is good too. I'd say you can't go wrong with either but the SEL35F18 costs more than the Sigma 30mm
I just checked the price on the SEL50F18 - $400 MSRP? Dammit, I'm so spoiled by the cheap and wonderful 50mm 1.8's from Canon and Nikon. I noticed that the SEL50F18F (the full frame version) is actually cheaper... Would that not work with non-FF e-mount cameras as well?
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
SEL50F18F should work with any E-Mount. but does not have OIS, that's why it is cheaper. And the point Sony makes A6500 - opportunity to build cheaper E-Mount to compete with m43.
wearysky wrote: I just checked the price on the SEL50F18 - $400 MSRP? Dammit, I'm so spoiled by the cheap and wonderful 50mm 1.8's from Canon and Nikon. I noticed that the SEL50F18F (the full frame version) is actually cheaper... Would that not work with non-FF e-mount cameras as well?
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask in indoor settings if you have cold symptoms.
Deal Addict
May 21, 2014
1746 posts
3106 upvotes
Calgary, AB
aos007 wrote: I gotta ask what is the point of in-body image stabilization for a NEX camera? Pretty much all good lenses already have IS built in, at least to my knowledge (I have nex 6 and a bunch of lenses but haven't been buying anything in 2 years). Sure, my macro lens and the ancient Minolta manual lens don't have it but I don't see it as a huge selling point.
As a videoographer its absolutely amazing. With post stabilization You can pretty much get away without using a gimble
Pro tip - If you can't stop thinking about it ....BUY IT !
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
aos007 wrote: I gotta ask what is the point of in-body image stabilization for a NEX camera? Pretty much all good lenses already have IS built in, at least to my knowledge (I have nex 6 and a bunch of lenses but haven't been buying anything in 2 years). Sure, my macro lens and the ancient Minolta manual lens don't have it but I don't see it as a huge selling point.
5 stops vs typically 2-3 stops for OSS. I don't know how effective the Sony system is, but being 5 axis means it can handle more variety of shake better

there are still other good lenses that don't have OSS esp the Zeiss.

Having IBIS frees you up to buy more compact lenses in the future.
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Fanatic
Jan 24, 2005
5763 posts
353 upvotes
GPS wrote: I love my Sigma 30mm f1.4 . I also got the Sony SEL50F18 which is good too. I'd say you can't go wrong with either but the SEL35F18 costs more than the Sigma 30mm
I'm starting to lean towards the Sigma 30mm f1.4 ... it seems to be generally getting the best reviews in more recent reviews.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
Hm, received my 10-18mm from Dell, no update from eBates yet...
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2324 posts
1309 upvotes
cant seem to find the a6500 on the dell site? oos??

update: chatted.. marketing team confirmed not available :facepalm: wallet safe i guess.. the a6000 will keep on serving well.
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2003
1275 posts
404 upvotes
xwar wrote: I'm starting to lean towards the Sigma 30mm f1.4 ... it seems to be generally getting the best reviews in more recent reviews.
I would pick the sigma too. Even the 5mm difference between a 30mm and 35mm helps if you are taking any group shots. The f1.4 is faster so even without OSS my photos are pretty clear on animals and people. The sigma is a bit bigger than the sony lens but not enough that I feel it's in the way.
Feb 2, 2017
560 posts
746 upvotes
wakka2u wrote: cant seem to find the a6500 on the dell site? oos??
OOS. My order got cancelled.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2006
4625 posts
1342 upvotes
wakka2u wrote: cant seem to find the a6500 on the dell site? oos??

update: chatted.. marketing team confirmed not available :facepalm: wallet safe i guess.. the a6000 will keep on serving well.
I'm sorry to hear that! Just check the next time ebates has 10% back!

Before I ordered the a6500, I called the call centre and they said it would be a couple months - so I think it's worth checking the site every once in a while rather than trusting their front line staff! lol
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
vtse wrote: Hm, received my 10-18mm from Dell, no update from eBates yet...
yeah, same here. I've emailed ebates, and then emailed them the information they asked for:

· Order number
· Order date
· Product name and description
· Price breakdown including order total, shipping, tax and payment method

Haven't heard back yet

I've ordered quite a few times and this is the first time it didn't show up immediately when it shipped
Please update your profile to include your city https://forums.redflagdeals.com/ucp.php?i=ucp_profile&mode=profile_info
Deal Guru
Mar 28, 2006
12225 posts
2957 upvotes
Did you get it reversed? IBIS helps but OSS usually gives us best result.

Comment from user for silver SEL18200 (known for its outstanding OSS performance) vs A7II IBIS. If you read further down, there is another user with EM5 + 14-150 and NEX 7 + silver SEL18200 and same result.
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/55505750

video review from PHOTIGY

warpdrive wrote: 5 stops vs typically 2-3 stops for OSS. I don't know how effective the Sony system is, but being 5 axis means it can handle more variety of shake better

there are still other good lenses that don't have OSS esp the Zeiss.

Having IBIS frees you up to buy more compact lenses in the future.
People around you may have weaken immune system (or live with one). Wear a mask in indoor settings if you have cold symptoms.
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
21330 posts
10938 upvotes
Oakville
clergykid wrote: Sorry guys, I was looking at US website by mistake. The $500 is USD, oops!!
I noticed some weird behaviour on the site - whenever I search, even from dell.ca, it seems to keep redirecting me to US search results. Got excited for a minute because I saw that they were selling the Nikon D610 body-only for $1500, then noticed that I was on the US product page for some reason. The Canadian site doesn't seem to carry Nikon at all, but ok - don't redirect me to the US site without telling me, FFS.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
82 wrote: Did you get it reversed? IBIS helps but OSS usually gives us best result.

Comment from user for silver SEL18200 (known for its outstanding OSS performance) vs A7II IBIS. If you read further down, there is another user with EM5 + 14-150 and NEX 7 + silver SEL18200 and same result.
https://www.dpreview.com/forums/post/55505750
admittedly, I don't have experience with the stabilization in the A7, just coming from the 5 axis stabilization in the EM5 II, which is amazingly effective.

I'm using both lenses with OIS (Panasonic) and Olympus (no OSS). Comparing both, the EM5 II wins over OSS/OIS for all the lenses I've tried.

I have noted that SteadyShot OSS on my RX100 doesn't really seem to do much, so maybe it's just Sony's implementation.

It would make sense that if you are zoomed in a lot with a big superzoom, OSS *should* give a better result because the sensor based can't make up for the large movement apparent in large focal lengths.

In general, I wouldn't buy a camera without IBIS because I like to use a lot of compact primes.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
warpdrive wrote: yeah, same here. I've emailed ebates, and then emailed them the information they asked for:

· Order number
· Order date
· Product name and description
· Price breakdown including order total, shipping, tax and payment method

Haven't heard back yet

I've ordered quite a few times and this is the first time it didn't show up immediately when it shipped
Ah, good call, I will do the same.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
vtse wrote: Ah, good call, I will do the same.
their reply was it takes up to 15 days. Lemme know if you see the ebates
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
warpdrive wrote: their reply was it takes up to 15 days. Lemme know if you see the ebates
Got back to me with same answer, said 7 days though.

Just checked Dell website and the 10-18mm is on sale for even cheaper. Contaced the sales rep for my order to see if they can adjust price... hopefully I can keep Ebates with it.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2010
2255 posts
1526 upvotes
Toronto
warpdrive wrote: their reply was it takes up to 15 days. Lemme know if you see the ebates
Made another order of the lens with the 15% Ebates around 1AM and got the Ebates email this morning.

Returning my previous order.
Deal Expert
Mar 6, 2003
19713 posts
13577 upvotes
Ottawa
vtse wrote: Made another order of the lens with the 15% Ebates around 1AM and got the Ebates email this morning.

Returning my previous order.
15% ebates!!!!! Oh man I should do the same. Never got the ebates
Oct 31, 2006
628 posts
246 upvotes
GTA
Is the a6300 kit with 16-50mm lens a good deal at 1399 -15% ~ 1200$ ?
Public Mobile user

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)