Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Dell - UltraSharp U2711 27" Monitor with PremierColor $636.10 w/coupon /cashback

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2012 5:49 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital

[Dell] Dell - UltraSharp U2711 27" Monitor with PremierColor $636.10 w/coupon /cashback

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/product ... u=224-8284

Coupon 0GSZ1K3MDMC$F4 ( $656.10)

With the PayPal 5% cashback = $636.10 ( $20 max ) , of course there's also ebates 2% or [url=http://www.*****.ca/]GCR[/url] 2.25% .

[IMG]http://i.dell.com/resize.aspx/monitor-d ... 1-hero/295[/IMG]
State-of-the Art Resolution: 2560 x 1440 (WQHD) and over a billion colors

Experience remarkable color accuracy, precision and performance with the DellTM UltraSharpTM U2711 27”W Monitor with PremierColor
Incredible Performance & Clarity: Enjoy up to 2560 x 1440 (WQHD) resolution, 1.07 billion colors, 16:9 widescreen aspect ratio, 109 pixels per inch, 6-millisecond (typical)1gray-to-gray response time and 80,000:1 maximum dynamic contrast ratio.
Amazing Color Accuracy: PremierColor technology delivers factory-tuned AdobeRGB and sRGB modes, a Custom Color mode for tech-savvy users and an outstanding color gamut.
Myriad of connectivity options: HDMI, DisplayPortTM with audio, DVI-D (HDCP), USB and VGA ports.
Designed for comfort: Height-adjustable stand, capacitive touch switches, intuitive controls, anti-glare screen and a comfortable design for ease of viewing .
42 replies
Banned
Mar 30, 2011
2339 posts
1044 upvotes
As soon as the Dell guys see this thread, that coupon code won't work anymore.
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
ijustgotadeal wrote: As soon as the Dell guys see this thread, that coupon code won't work anymore.
It should remain , since the hot deal of day is $699 but the price thru business and use 10% off code is $729 .Then again yah they could kill it fast .
Banned
Jul 26, 2012
365 posts
15 upvotes
WATERLOO
better to get the korean 27" lcds for half the price
Mar 3, 2012
231 posts
39 upvotes
Winnipeg
Finally ordered one, been waiting a year. The Paypal rebate is maximum $20 and GCR has a 2.25% return vs ebates at 2%. Stacked with credit card points, just under $700 all in.
Aug 1, 2005
789 posts
78 upvotes
I never used the Paypal checkout with Dell, and not sure how to get the 5% off?

Search on Bing and could not find any reference...

And what does ebates does?
Deal Expert
Jan 10, 2008
15200 posts
35260 upvotes
Nation's capital
ZTELKR wrote: Finally ordered one, been waiting a year. The Paypal rebate is maximum $20 and GCR has a 2.25% return vs ebates at 2%. Stacked with credit card points, just under $700 all in.
oh thought Paypal was more , will edit OP
Aug 1, 2005
789 posts
78 upvotes
stephroll wrote:
[IMG]http://i.dell.com/resize.aspx/monitor-d ... 1-hero/295[/IMG]
State-of-the Art Resolution: 2560 x 1440 (WQHD) and over a billion colors
By the way, just thinking that Dell have this display on sales very often recently. Wondering if that means an update is near the door!

Anyone knows how this display works with VGA? What is the maximum resolution it can get in this mode?
Banned
Jul 26, 2012
365 posts
15 upvotes
WATERLOO
meall wrote: By the way, just thinking that Dell have this display on sales very often recently. Wondering if that means an update is near the door!

Anyone knows how this display works with VGA? What is the maximum resolution it can get in this mode?

they really should have an update, this monitor is thick as hell cause it still uses CFL for backlighting, this is in 2012!.

the korean monitor has the same resolution, uses LED backlighting, is thinner (2 inches width), and half the price. get that one instead.

merged-various-korean-branded-27-2560x1 ... y-1146004/
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2003
1167 posts
340 upvotes
lazzop wrote: they really should have an update, this monitor is thick as hell cause it still uses CFL for backlighting, this is in 2012!.
Sigh. You know there's a reason CCFL was used in the Dell vs. LED...and it has nothing to do with aesthetics.
Banned
Jul 26, 2012
365 posts
15 upvotes
WATERLOO
KennethToronto wrote: Sigh. You know there's a reason CCFL was used in the Dell vs. LED...and it has nothing to do with aesthetics.
get the korean LCD, half the price and image quality looks just as good, might as well save a couple hundred dollars. dont beleive me? see the overclockers.com thread. and the metal backplate is badass.
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2007
1179 posts
468 upvotes
We're going to start seeing a bunch of new WQHD monitors hit the market in the fall, so if this price is too rich for your blood and you do not feel comfortable buying a Korean monitor off Ebay, you should wait.
Aug 1, 2005
789 posts
78 upvotes
lazzop wrote: get the korean LCD, half the price and image quality looks just as good, might as well save a couple hundred dollars. dont beleive me? see the overclockers.com thread. and the metal backplate is badass.
Are you saying they did the exact same battery of tests that I see here:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/2922

color management and accuracy is something you just can't judge at looking at the screen with your eyes.

and while paying around $500 off ebay and have warranty in Koria? not sure about this one.
Banned
Jul 26, 2012
365 posts
15 upvotes
WATERLOO
meall wrote: Are you saying they did the exact same battery of tests that I see here:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/2922

color management and accuracy is something you just can't judge at looking at the screen with your eyes.

and while paying around $500 off ebay and have warranty in Koria? not sure about this one.
you overpaid if you got one for $500, i see one with a pivot stand selling for $360 shipped to canada. get your numbers straight.
Aug 1, 2005
789 posts
78 upvotes
lazzop wrote: you overpaid if you got one for $500, i see one with a pivot stand selling for $360 shipped to canada. get your numbers straight.
let's put it at $360 for discussion purpose.

My point was not about price but color matching. Do you have something to compare in terms of battery tests? So far, nothing proved me that the Korean display was design for photographers or people who need color accuracy.
Jul 27, 2004
816 posts
113 upvotes
meall wrote: and while paying around $500 off ebay and have warranty in Koria? not sure about this one.
Agreed. The warranty doesn't cover slight defects (stuck/dead pixels, ghosting, etc.). Looks like about 20% are iffy right out of the box (according to overclocker stats, which are admittedly negatively biased).

That being said, I've heard that the anti glare on Dell monitors turn a lot of people off of them. The Korean monitor displays actually look better.
Banned
Jul 26, 2012
365 posts
15 upvotes
WATERLOO
meall wrote: let's put it at $360 for discussion purpose.

My point was not about price but color matching. Do you have something to compare in terms of battery tests? So far, nothing proved me that the Korean display was design for photographers or people who need color accuracy.
it doesn't help your credibility if you were making up numbers. there is a difference between $500 and $360 since most people here are on redflagdeals for a reason, so the $140 difference does matter.
Jul 27, 2004
816 posts
113 upvotes
lazzop wrote: you overpaid if you got one for $500, i see one with a pivot stand selling for $360 shipped to canada. get your numbers straight.
Did that include duty?
Aug 1, 2005
789 posts
78 upvotes
lazzop wrote: they really should have an update, this monitor is thick as hell cause it still uses CFL for backlighting, this is in 2012!.

the korean monitor has the same resolution, uses LED backlighting, is thinner (2 inches width), and half the price. get that one instead.

merged-various-korean-branded-27-2560x1 ... y-1146004/
I read all the "comons features" section of this thread, and it is negative (or not so positive) item one over the other.

If I was looking for a larger screen just for the purpose of having more pixels, that would be great. Say as a gaming monitor. But that is not my case. I'll pass on this for sure.
Aug 1, 2005
789 posts
78 upvotes
lazzop wrote: it doesn't help your credibility if you were making up numbers. there is a difference between $500 and $360 since most people here are on redflagdeals for a reason, so the $140 difference does matter.
it does matter if you want to buy a price.

I want to buy a good display for photography and video.

andd read my previous comment to see why I won't consider thiis at all.