Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

Venue 8 Pro Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard $49.99

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 24th, 2014 8:50 am
Nov 19, 2009
744 posts
677 upvotes
Toronto

[Dell] Venue 8 Pro Wireless Bluetooth Keyboard $49.99

Some may look at this as a repost since we already have a thread for the Dell Deals of the Day. But I've been looking at this keyboard for a while and I've never seen it under $80. It's a great keyboard and is packaged with a case for the Dell Venue Pro. I have the tablet and have tried the keyboard but couldn't justify the cost at $80. At $50, it's not bad. Reviews are better than average.

I just wanted to post a deal I thought people would care about and may have missed. People looking to complain about the cost and/or argue about it being a repost, no one gives a F**k. Well, at least I don't. Others may.
14 replies
Feb 8, 2007
94 posts
29 upvotes
Calgary
I think that Dell keyboard is hella overpriced even at $49.99. I would recommend this. I was using it with my Venue 8 before I got rid of it. Keypad, numberpad and mouse all in one small package and you can buy at lease 2 of those with the price of that Dell keyboard.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2012
1275 posts
595 upvotes
Cambridge
prodigal.sun wrote: I think that Dell keyboard is hella overpriced even at $49.99. I would recommend this. I was using it with my Venue 8 before I got rid of it. Keypad, numberpad and mouse all in one small package and you can buy at lease 2 of those with the price of that Dell keyboard.
Hey how's it? I ordered one two weeks back for $21 CAD n yet to receive it. I ordered mainly to use it with my Amazon Fire TV, but would also like to use it with the Venue 8 Pro. I was initially going to go with the Logitech K400 but didn't want the hassle of getting the USB converter for the dongle everytime I wanted to use it with the tablet so went with this one with bluetooth.

Couldn't find many reviews so ordered basically in blind hoping would work. How is the performance n ergonomics?

OP, would have actually considered this deal if I hadn't ordered the above mentioned keyboard. Like you, even I was eyeing it since the time I bought the tablet but never could justify spending appx $100 tax in for it. This is actually the lowest I have seen it go. However, I'll be happy if the one I ordered performs well since it has the touchpad integrated.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20470 upvotes
Using a physical keyboard would detract from the portability of using a tablet. It is not so much about the cost. Swype works well enough for me on my tablet and phone.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2012
1275 posts
595 upvotes
Cambridge
will888 wrote: Using a physical keyboard would detract from the portability of using a tablet. It is not so much about the cost. Swype works well enough for me on my tablet and phone.
This is Windows we are talking about, so no swype.

Keyboard comes in handy every once in a while when you want to do some quick work on Office.
Feb 8, 2007
94 posts
29 upvotes
Calgary
jansh84 wrote: Hey how's it? I ordered one two weeks back for $21 CAD n yet to receive it. I ordered mainly to use it with my Amazon Fire TV, but would also like to use it with the Venue 8 Pro. I was initially going to go with the Logitech K400 but didn't want the hassle of getting the USB converter for the dongle everytime I wanted to use it with the tablet so went with this one with bluetooth.

Couldn't find many reviews so ordered basically in blind hoping would work. How is the performance n ergonomics?
Actually, I like it. I'm currently using it with my Note 2. Takes some getting used to how small the keys are, but for casual typing, it does the job. I hated having to carry around a mouse in addition to the keyboard if I need to do something that requires a little extra hands on (such as an excel spreadsheet etc). This was cheap and fit the bill.

Quite honestly tho, the ergonomics are not the best. It's really small and really only good for limited use. So far my performance has been ok. I've used it intermittently for the last 2 months. My only gripe is that it doesn't appear to auto-power off, so you gotta remember to turn it off else battery drain. Also, there is some funky combination of key presses to initiate a new pair, but that's a one-time thing.

bridonca wrote: This is the keyboard I am currently using on my Dell Venue Pro. Works perfectly, and the 4 AAA eneloop batteries (bought separately) have not died even after 6 months. http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Logitech-Tablet- ... 3ce4d0109a
I have one of these as well. I find it so bulky to carry around. I mean it's twice the size of the Venue 8.
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
3254 posts
927 upvotes
Toronto
the blackberry playbook keyboard works amazing with dell venue 8 pro if u can find it on clearance...recharges via micro usb and has built in touchpad in formfactor smaller than the tablet.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2012
1275 posts
595 upvotes
Cambridge
prodigal.sun wrote: Actually, I like it. I'm currently using it with my Note 2. Takes some getting used to how small the keys are, but for casual typing, it does the job. I hated having to carry around a mouse in addition to the keyboard if I need to do something that requires a little extra hands on (such as an excel spreadsheet etc). This was cheap and fit the bill.

Quite honestly tho, the ergonomics are not the best. It's really small and really only good for limited use. So far my performance has been ok. I've used it intermittently for the last 2 months. My only gripe is that it doesn't appear to auto-power off, so you gotta remember to turn it off else battery drain. Also, there is some funky combination of key presses to initiate a new pair, but that's a one-time thing.
Did your Note 2 automatically paired with the keyboard for the first time or you had to enter some code? I basically want to use it with the FTV but it seems now this kind of pairing where a passcode is required might not be supported by FTV.
Deal Guru
Feb 10, 2007
13940 posts
5439 upvotes
deal dead
The sweetest gyal
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2014
2470 posts
1162 upvotes
Cellphone Tower
sexyj wrote: deal dead
I just noticed that as well. Was about to post it to for my BBM group.
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
29541 posts
20470 upvotes
jansh84 wrote: This is Windows we are talking about, so no swype.

Keyboard comes in handy every once in a while when you want to do some quick work on Office.
My bad. I am not familiar at all with what windows offers for tablets. I would have thought the more popular apps on android and iOS would have an equivalent on windows.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)