Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

VERY decent discount on Dell XPS 9560

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2018 10:30 am
Dec 13, 2016
12 posts
7 upvotes
How long has other people's laptops taken to ship after they placed their order?

I ordered an xps 13 (rose gold) tonight and they estimated delivery would be May 8th. Please tell me I don't actually have to wait that long :(.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
3174 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto
marcsterr wrote:
Thanks - I called in and they cancelled my order. See my above post. Now even though I received my ebates notification, I'm thinking I probably won't get it.

Frustrating..
I ended up cancelling the order by calling them and then reordering through ebates once again.

Hopefully it works this time.
Lb1988 wrote: How long has other people's laptops taken to ship after they placed their order?

I ordered an xps 13 (rose gold) tonight and they estimated delivery would be May 8th. Please tell me I don't actually have to wait that long :(.
Mine says May 8th as well. Here's to hoping it comes earlier!
Aug 21, 2012
108 posts
34 upvotes
SASKATOON
marcsterr wrote: I ended up cancelling the order by calling them and then reordering through ebates once again.

Hopefully it works this time.

Mine says May 8th as well. Here's to hoping it comes earlier!
I ordered on the 12th, estimated date was May 8th or so as well. It shipped on the 16th, I'm getting it tomorrow. The tracking number says USA Groundhaul and that it hasn't been picked up until it arrives to the city that it shows as the departure on the tracking info (since it's coming from the US and Purolator only tracks once it hits Canada I guess). Both times I ordered from Dell I got a call from Purolator saying to expect my package tomorrow, but it was the day after both times.
Jun 25, 2012
148 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kind of regret deciding to upgrade, as my initial purchase gave the ebates cashback in just a few hours...

Did a second purchase, new dell account just in case, and in the end ... they ended up cancelling my order, and a sales rep set up a replacement one, and combined by two accounts!?

So...ebates tells me to wait a couple weeks after shipping - should resolve itself.

But... I am not too hopeful. I put a new order in tonight, but forgot to make a fresh ebates account... we'll see. I'll cancel the new order if I don't get a quick eBates deposit overnight... and just hope for the best.

Anyone returned a machine to dell? Restocking fee of 15% seems pretty explicit in their policy...
Apr 3, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
I got mine after 1 week of placing the order. 5 business days to be exact.
Apr 19, 2017
2 posts
Thank you very much. I managed to order XPS 15 - 16GB/512SSD with FHD last night for...

Item Sub Total $1764.19
Item Sales Tax $264.63
Item Total $2028.82

I will also get a 10% cash back from Ebates and 5% from Dell.

Estimated delivery date shows May 7th, any idea when I would get this?
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
3174 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto
Teknics wrote: Kind of regret deciding to upgrade, as my initial purchase gave the ebates cashback in just a few hours...

Did a second purchase, new dell account just in case, and in the end ... they ended up cancelling my order, and a sales rep set up a replacement one, and combined by two accounts!?

So...ebates tells me to wait a couple weeks after shipping - should resolve itself.

But... I am not too hopeful. I put a new order in tonight, but forgot to make a fresh ebates account... we'll see. I'll cancel the new order if I don't get a quick eBates deposit overnight... and just hope for the best.

Anyone returned a machine to dell? Restocking fee of 15% seems pretty explicit in their policy...
Sounds like you were in the same boat as me but I reordered with the same Dell and Ebates account and it went through.

As for the restocking fee, where do you see that??

I'm looking here: http://www.dell.com/learn/ca/en/cadhs1/ ... returns-ca
Sep 21, 2011
302 posts
277 upvotes
Toronto
out of curiosity... when i'm check out with the xps 13 rose gold, it asks me to fill in my organization and department/group info. if i'm getting the MPP discount, do i need to provide legit EPP company info? :P
RFD does not save you money, it makes you buy things you never realized that you needed at a decent price.
Aug 21, 2012
108 posts
34 upvotes
SASKATOON
Teknics wrote: Kind of regret deciding to upgrade, as my initial purchase gave the ebates cashback in just a few hours...

I've returned an Alienware laptop before without a restocking fee. I did make sure to clarify that I could do it first with the Live Chat. But in general, that potential restocking fee seems to be ignored...
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
2596 posts
1987 upvotes
Boom and Bust Calgar…
OP I love you! Just bought an XPS 15 something something, been needing a new laptop for ages now. Used 10%OFFXPS and $150OFF$1700PC coupons and 10% ebates! Yippee!!
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
3174 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto
caltran wrote: OP I love you! Just bought an XPS 15 something something, been needing a new laptop for ages now. Used 10%OFFXPS and $150OFF$1700PC coupons and 10% ebates! Yippee!!
There is also MEMBER50OFF699 for another $50 off. :)
Jun 25, 2012
148 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks!

I was reading the full policy on the Canadian site... it mentions a 15% fee unless a special promotion says otherwise.

The site you linked does have reference to both ends of this...

"Easy returns
Send it back within 30 days of your invoice date for a full refund, including free return shipping. Dell will even waive the restocking fee*."

The * has me a bit worried... but not too much.

Thanks!
Jun 25, 2012
148 posts
61 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Kappsi wrote: I've returned an Alienware laptop before without a restocking fee. I did make sure to clarify that I could do it first with the Live Chat. But in general, that potential restocking fee seems to be ignored...
Thanks!
Aug 21, 2012
108 posts
34 upvotes
SASKATOON
Got mine today. No visible issues except that I got the Toshiba SSD. :/ This is a big deal, the SSD was one of the reasons for me to buy the laptop since one of my use cases is editing of hundreds of 200MP losslessly compressed photos, so drive speed is rather important. Heavily debating returning it now. Anyone have luck with getting Dell to just send them a new drive to replace?

Related, anyone know what's up with AS SSD on this drive? I get like 0.8 MB/s 4k writes, though with Crystaldiskmark it seems normal.
Jun 10, 2003
806 posts
214 upvotes
Halifax
Kappsi wrote: Got mine today. No visible issues except that I got the Toshiba SSD. :/ This is a big deal, the SSD was one of the reasons for me to buy the laptop since one of my use cases is editing of hundreds of 200MP losslessly compressed photos, so drive speed is rather important. Heavily debating returning it now. Anyone have luck with getting Dell to just send them a new drive to replace?

Related, anyone know what's up with AS SSD on this drive? I get like 0.8 MB/s 4k writes, though with Crystaldiskmark it seems normal.
I dont see why dell would exchange anything, dell says that you are getting a nvme no where does it specify which manufacturer you will get.

Anyways check the dell subreddit I have seen a new posts about changing some drivers or settings to improve the Toshibas performance.
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2668 posts
1400 upvotes
North York
Kappsi wrote: Got mine today. No visible issues except that I got the Toshiba SSD. :/ This is a big deal, the SSD was one of the reasons for me to buy the laptop since one of my use cases is editing of hundreds of 200MP losslessly compressed photos, so drive speed is rather important. Heavily debating returning it now. Anyone have luck with getting Dell to just send them a new drive to replace?

Yes, one of the fellow RFD guy was able to ask DELL to exchange the HDD from Toshiba to Samsung. I doubt its a big deal but you should contact DELL and tell them its either SAMSUNG SSD or you would like to return the unit.
Aug 21, 2012
108 posts
34 upvotes
SASKATOON
instanoodles wrote: I dont see why dell would exchange anything, dell says that you are getting a nvme no where does it specify which manufacturer you will get.

Anyways check the dell subreddit I have seen a new posts about changing some drivers or settings to improve the Toshibas performance.
I saw those posts, but it's still a substantial difference. And because all the review models they sent so people can take benchmarks and post reviews were using the Samsung SSD, and now that they're shipping to consumers they use a lower quality one? They of course don't have to swap it, but then the laptop gets potentially returned and they take a large hit off that.
Aug 29, 2012
869 posts
249 upvotes
Can't manage to get the Employee Pricing to work, any tips?

Edit: I'm able to get it when using an incognito browser though, just not normal browser. (ONLY WITH XPS 13)

Also seems that the 10% ebates has ended
Oct 30, 2010
12 posts
1 upvote
Toronto, GTA
Yes, I also tried to place the order two days ago call the sales centre one Indian Manager refused to allow me to use multiple discounts, I make up my mind and moved to HP and configs not bad with $220 discount ( $160 discount code SUPAP160 AND 4% cashback from Ebates) and configs Windows 10 Home 64
Intel® Core™ i7-7500U (2.7 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
15.6" diagonal UHD UWVA eDP Brightview WLED-backlit narrow bezel touch screen (3840x 2160)
16 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD better than Toshiba junk
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
3174 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto
vikashdeva wrote: Yes, I also tried to place the order two days ago call the sales centre one Indian Manager refused to allow me to use multiple discounts, I make up my mind and moved to HP and configs not bad with $220 discount ( $160 discount code SUPAP160 AND 4% cashback from Ebates) and configs Windows 10 Home 64
Intel® Core™ i7-7500U (2.7 GHz, up to 3.5 GHz with Intel® Turbo Boost Technology, 4 MB cache, 2 cores)
15.6" diagonal UHD UWVA eDP Brightview WLED-backlit narrow bezel touch screen (3840x 2160)
16 GB DDR4-2133 SDRAM (2 x 8 GB)
256 GB PCIe® NVMe™ M.2 SSD better than Toshiba junk
You placed the order online and it got cancelled and you had to call into the sales centre or they reached out to you?

Mine got cancelled the first time, but it seems to be okay (for the time being) for the second attempt.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)