Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Dell

VERY decent discount on Dell XPS 9560

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 22nd, 2018 10:30 am
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
3174 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto
If you're not in dire need of a laptop right now, I'd suggest waiting until Ebates for Dell goes higher.

Right now it's at 6%... I bought my laptop when it was 10%, however I've seen it go as high as 15%.
Jul 14, 2008
245 posts
133 upvotes
marcsterr wrote: If you're not in dire need of a laptop right now, I'd suggest waiting until Ebates for Dell goes higher.

Right now it's at 6%... I bought my laptop when it was 10%, however I've seen it go as high as 15%.
Is there any way to set up a notification alert for when the rebate for a certain website goes up?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
ciuvak wrote: 15" because only that model has a quad core cpu, for those who need that. Others pick 13" with dual core, but for size advantage when traveling.
There is nothing wrong with 1080p resolution. 4k has scaling issues in windows 10 (meaning fonts and graphics don't display properly), also with 4k it's usually less battery life vs 1080p.
They have the 1400p I think. Is it hard on cpu too?

I wish to get the 13, but the 2 in 1 doesn't have USB ports. More stuff to carry while traveling. I have never seen a xps 15 in real life, they don't have a display here in Montreal.

I wonder how portable is an 15 inches.
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2010
4578 posts
1999 upvotes
AB
L4cky wrote: They have the 1400p I think. Is it hard on cpu too?
I wish to get the 13, but the 2 in 1 doesn't have USB ports. More stuff to carry while traveling. I have never seen a xps 15 in real life, they don't have a display here in Montreal.
I wonder how portable is an 15 inches.
Do you have any Microsoft stores nearby? If you do, call and ask if they have any XPS15 on display.
Jul 14, 2008
245 posts
133 upvotes
Anyone think we'll see any big deals for Canada Day? Does Dell usually do something? If not, when are the typical "big" sales? Back to school?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
ciuvak wrote: Do you have any Microsoft stores nearby? If you do, call and ask if they have any XPS15 on display.
nope :(
"Every marathon you run, your heart scars and you will die faster. If you think running a marathon is fitness, then you know NOTHING ABOUT HEALTH & FITNESS."
- Training 101
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
Not sure if its a good price for xps 13 with i7 7560U iris graphics. The i7-5600u can't be found anywhere. I wonder if the 1800p display is able to give a 8 hours battery use.

Anyhow, I will wait until canada day, the 6% ebates is a joke.

- Training 101
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
3174 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto
durrane wrote: Is there any way to set up a notification alert for when the rebate for a certain website goes up?
I don't believe it's possible.

I just manually check periodically to see if the % rates have increased.
Jul 14, 2008
245 posts
133 upvotes
marcsterr wrote: I don't believe it's possible.

I just manually check periodically to see if the % rates have increased.
It's back up to 10% for anyone interested.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
is my 3r above post a HOT deal with 10%?
- Training 101
Aug 30, 2016
63 posts
31 upvotes
Ottawa
L4cky wrote: Not sure if its a good price for xps 13 with i7 7560U iris graphics. The i7-5600u can't be found anywhere. I wonder if the 1800p display is able to give a 8 hours battery use.

Anyhow, I will wait until canada day, the 6% ebates is a joke.

if you wait until Canada Day don't you lose the $300 though? The ebates deal isn't worth $300
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
cronosdage wrote: if you wait until Canada Day don't you lose the $300 though? The ebates deal isn't worth $300
Yeah well it's 6 pct now. It however have a better deal with 512gb ssd for around same price. But I saw people were able to get the i7 7500 same model for 1200x before eBates. But I don't know if it's was a 2400*1800 display or the 1080.

The only thing that I hesitate is the screen, I prefer qhd + but 4 hrs of battery is a joke. Maybe I should wait until they improve in the future?

I'm looking to get a laptop but I plan to use it like 3 times per month.
- Training 101
Jan 6, 2014
224 posts
61 upvotes
Burnaby
How long does ebates typically take to list your cash back? I ordered on the 28th from the dell website but have yet to get an email or anything from ebates about the cash back. I should be getting $220 in cash back otherwise I wouldn't have even considered the purchase.
Deal Addict
Apr 24, 2003
3174 posts
1083 upvotes
Toronto
msavic6 wrote: How long does ebates typically take to list your cash back? I ordered on the 28th from the dell website but have yet to get an email or anything from ebates about the cash back. I should be getting $220 in cash back otherwise I wouldn't have even considered the purchase.
It should be either the same day or the day after - at least that was my experience for Dell Ebates as I've bought 2 separate items from them.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
moees98 wrote: https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/d ... ksd8n/9T59

Dell xps 13. Intel i5 and 8gb ram and 128gb ssd. 1080p touchscreen. $1199 on the microsoft store. Not sure if this is a good deal?
price is gone and no, it is not really a good price.. 7th generation can be had at this price

however, i cant find the 1080 touchscreen on dell xps on dell webste.. there are only 1080 non touch vs 1800 touch ; also wonder hows the batter on the 1080 touch vs non touch
- Training 101
Feb 16, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
Yes looks like the sale expired. However, for the $1199 price point i could only find the baseline 4gb RAM, intel i3 non touch version. So i think its not a bad deal considering this had double the RAM and an i5 processor including a touchscreen. I've also read that the 7th generation has not improved by much over the 6th so i dont think that really matters. It was just delivered to me so i will update you on how the battery holds up.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
moees98 wrote: Yes looks like the sale expired. However, for the $1199 price point i could only find the baseline 4gb RAM, intel i3 non touch version. So i think its not a bad deal considering this had double the RAM and an i5 processor including a touchscreen. I've also read that the 7th generation has not improved by much over the 6th so i dont think that really matters. It was just delivered to me so i will update you on how the battery holds up.
let us know!! it's just I think u could have the same deal from dell with a 7th generation instead of 6th. is ur screen matte?
- Training 101
Feb 16, 2017
7 posts
2 upvotes
L4cky wrote: let us know!! it's just I think u could have the same deal from dell with a 7th generation instead of 6th. is ur screen matte?
Yes sorry for the delay. It is a glossy screen not matte. I'm also very impressed with the battery life for a touschscreen laptop. Don't quote me on the numbers but a full charge has lasted me well over 8 hours (maybe 9) on relatively light usage. The 1080 display is honestly more than enough for me so i dont regret not going for a qhd display and losing more battery life. While i haven't found myself reaching for the toushscreen alot i can see how it can be helpful. I've been looking around the dell website and for the same price ive only found the 4gb ram 7th gen i5 non touch version ( http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/productd ... A4In1dfV19 ). While i don't mind the non touch i do think i need the extra ram. However, i am not above returning this laptop if i do find a better deal with the same specs within the next 28 days. Let me know if you know of one.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 18, 2008
9291 posts
2352 upvotes
Mont-Royal
moees98 wrote: Yes sorry for the delay. It is a glossy screen not matte. I'm also very impressed with the battery life for a touschscreen laptop. Don't quote me on the numbers but a full charge has lasted me well over 8 hours (maybe 9) on relatively light usage. The 1080 display is honestly more than enough for me so i dont regret not going for a qhd display and losing more battery life. While i haven't found myself reaching for the toushscreen alot i can see how it can be helpful. I've been looking around the dell website and for the same price ive only found the 4gb ram 7th gen i5 non touch version ( http://www.dell.com/en-ca/shop/productd ... A4In1dfV19 ). While i don't mind the non touch i do think i need the extra ram. However, i am not above returning this laptop if i do find a better deal with the same specs within the next 28 days. Let me know if you know of one.
Can you tell us the battery life when you set the performance to best instead of balance/economic usage?

I agree you should get a 8gb and at least an i5. with dell theres also the 10% cash back from ebates sometimes.

Looks like you're enjoying ur laptop :)
- Training 101

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)